What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2022
    gxy0isf4j2mm.png
    These, too bad only 3 in a box! (I eat 3, one of each flavor every night past few weeks LOL)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I tried making the hamburger bun donuts from Greg doucette and now I have been obsessed! Been making a batch of 4 every night lol. ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5Y5XEDgIw )

mf15tqqv8x0c.jpeg (this is jelly filled ones)

You use SF jello as the inside. One whole donut is about 130 calories because I used 50 cal buns and huge! Same size as a regular boston creme donut. I brushed the outside of the bun with a mix of water, brown sugar truvia, and confectioners style truvia. I am going to try and experiment with different toppings like walden farms marshmallow or protein icing, etc. So many possibilities.

The SF vanilla jello really tastes exactly like the filling in Boston creme in taste and texture. I am going to try other varieties with maybe mixing in some powdered pb or using butterscotch, chocolate, or white chocolate SF jello instead.

You just put the pudding inside the bun and then inch the edges so it stays together, brush with mixture and bake. I don’t use the egg whites or protein powder but they still come out great. 4wxlu4syjna7.jpeg
    fp76mfuhfqs1.jpeg
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    Roasted Buckwheat. It's tasty and better for pre-diabetes me than rice. Where has it been all my life???

Also 85% dark chocolate - but I think you have to age into enjoying dark over milk chocolate 😅
  • AM_Canadian
    AM_Canadian Posts: 3 Member
    My own homemade vegan ice cream. Mix up frozen strawberries, banana, almond butter or switch out the strawberries for mango. No banana taste if you get the right proportions! And creamy, not like sherbet. No sugar added! Addicted.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    My own homemade vegan ice cream. Mix up frozen strawberries, banana, almond butter or switch out the strawberries for mango...
    Never thought of adding nut butter. Hmmm. I have a Yonanas machine and am currently inundated with wild berries. Been enjoying berry and banana 'ice cream' every day.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Turkey sandwiches…. Been eating 2-4 a day past few weeks lol. One with vegan Gouda one with vegan cheddar, spicy mustard pickles tomato and follow your heart vegan Mayo on 70 calorie bun. I hate regular Mayo but love this vegan Mayo. It’s sweet which I like. I tried the hellmans vegan Mayo and it was gross.
    ymbfg7sc07s3.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Morning star farms are one of my top vegan nuggets so I was excited to try this new flavor when I saw it. This is the BBQ flavor. My favorites for them in order are…

1. Zesty ranch (these are just soooo good especially dipped in hot sauce)
    2. Sweet honey mustard
    3. Bbq
    4. Original plain

The other flavored ones have slightly different coating than the original (less breadcrumbs). But the flavored bbq is more similar to original. Smells fantastic and like bbq but doesn’t have a super strong bbq flavor. If I didn’t know what the flavor was and couldn’t smell it I don’t think I’d guess bbq. It has a slight spiciness to it. Overall, not as good as ranch or honey mustard, but still really good and I would get them again. 3z9u26wozyh0.jpeg
    05ehbxct6mub.jpeg
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,706 Member
    kcrp7uf75rg3.png
  • VegjoyP
    22ufp6r8y4cw.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @VegjoyP - That coffee sounds absolutely delicious and love the ingredients too. It actually get it delivered to my country, except I don't have a pod coffee maker...I'm thinking I might have to get one lol!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Morning star farms are one of my top vegan nuggets so I was excited to try this new flavor when I saw it. This is the BBQ flavor. My favorites for them in order are…

1. Zesty ranch (these are just soooo good especially dipped in hot sauce)
    2. Sweet honey mustard
    3. Bbq
    4. Original plain

The other flavored ones have slightly different coating than the original (less breadcrumbs). But the flavored bbq is more similar to original. Smells fantastic and like bbq but doesn’t have a super strong bbq flavor. If I didn’t know what the flavor was and couldn’t smell it I don’t think I’d guess bbq. It has a slight spiciness to it. Overall, not as good as ranch or honey mustard, but still really good and I would get them again. 3z9u26wozyh0.jpeg
    05ehbxct6mub.jpeg

Opps I meant to post this in the new foods thread but I guess it also fits here lol. Yesterday I was like hey where did my post go until I saw I posted here on accident this morning ha.
  • sarahnewton4862
    sarahnewton4862 Posts: 2 Member
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Sourdough Crumpets!
    90cal each
    Delicious

Where do you find these?
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Drinks. All the drinks. It’s hot and humid where I live so exciting beverages have been ruling my life lol.
  • VegjoyP
    edited June 2022
    Rice cakes with plant based butter, almond butter and strawbery preserves!

bowm2q0kyb5j.png
    0elkhklcqhh3.jpg
    vyal10n4jyv1.png
    rfqqx3fv6dvt.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    @VegjoyP - no doubt that you are 'obsessed' with this combo! I too love those Lundberg rice cakes and 'Good Good' preserves are such a great tasting product....and of course almond butter😛
  • VegjoyP
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @VegjoyP - no doubt that you are 'obsessed' with this combo! I too love those Lundberg rice cakes and 'Good Good' preserves are such a great tasting product....and of course almond butter😛

The Kite Hill... omgosh. I am pilutting it on everything. Lol I took a chocolate dipped sea salt No Cow bar and put Kite Hill butter on top. 😋 I LOVE being vegan! It made me feel so happy
  • ElOgroVegano
    ElOgroVegano Posts: 1 Member
    Trader Joe's red lentil pasta. It's so good.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Right now I'm obsessed with yachaejeon (Korean vegetable pancakes) They're so tasty and delicious! I've been making a batch a week and eating them with fruit and other snacky foods ^_^
  • PAPYRUS3
    LenGray wrote: »
    Right now I'm obsessed with yachaejeon (Korean vegetable pancakes) They're so tasty and delicious! I've been making a batch a week and eating them with fruit and other snacky foods ^_^

They are good aren't they! It's been a minute since I've had one...need to change that lol!