WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Happy “Halfway Day”!
    Marched in place to Jeopardy for the first time since April 28. Found myself smiling ;)

Welcome @nsk1951 Niki from Batavia NY! Like Karen said, each of us was new, once ;) Always room for one more!
    Annie if your vacuum cleaner has a bag, put in some mothballs, helps to kill the fleas. Also puff some diatomaceous earth into any cracks/spaces between floor and baseboards and outside around perimeter of house. Try a flea comb until you start winning the war. Prep a bowl of water with a few drops of dish soap to receive any live ones you comb out. Fleas and mosquitoes, what WAS the Creator thinking???
    Margaret, we use Interceptor, still a poison, because Skye Terriers, like Border Collies and other breeds, can have bad reactions to Heartguard/Ivermectin. Heartworm would be so much worse.
    Heather stunning pics especially of the souterrain village. What’s with the blue troll hair?

Katla and Debbie ((hugs)) Please take care of YOU.

Done:
    7/1: Move: dogs to powerline, steps:5680
    Fuel: protein=57g sugar=82g fiber=16g sodium=1777mg fruit=0 vegs=4
    Live: Joe, readings, Freddie’s, recycling, changed linens, 2 load laundry, emailed hymns.
    wt 140.0! NLNS!
    Lighter, lovelies!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,295 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    I thought I wasn't going to be able to do anything much today, but managed the Rumba lesson and the line dancing.
    The dance teacher is just exceptional. Unlike other teachers of beginners, she pays a lot of attention to style. Rumba is very stylish and I really appreciate being taught the niceties. It looks so much better when you give it some attitude. Makes it much harder work though, posture etc. Anyway, I was very glad I had shown up. :Do:) I flatter myself that she had harder standards for me. :o>:)

Starting to think about packing. Ugh! We have plenty of time, but my mind keeps drifting that way.
    Last bottle of Tattainger tonight. What a pleasure the posh wines have been. You feel really spoiled. I think we will eat in the Dining Room. Next this afternoon we have Chocolate Tea. I don't eat the sweet things, but we come for the tea and I like to eat the tops off the savouries!!!! It's great to see the layout anyway.

Much love to all. Remember, it's OK to say NO sometimes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    :heart:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Heather- I so enjoyed your trip its like when i was young and went to travelogs with my grandma..so much fun..
    Debbie- my FIL could drive the angels crazy.. but I learned a few things along the way.. can you find out what music she liked as a young woman,my FIL loved ol Blue eyes so Frank Sinatra we played alot for him.. Prime days are coming up.. if you can pick up a cheap echo dot to put in her bedroom and put music she likes it helps so very very much,we even did that for Jeans mom.. just set it up through Pandora or some other device and you should be ready to go..
    Lisa- you crack me up girl..i wouldn't touch Okra with a 1 10 ft pole..
    I made the mistake of going to Costco around noon today.. gee you would think everyone would be out doing picnics ,but no everyone and there brother was shopping..I darn near had a panic attic but i picked up my script and a couple of other things and split..
    Im home now and going to rest with Alfie now.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member