Covid weight

Options
Through the entire Covid ordeal I worked two very physical jobs and ended up gaining 25 pounds. Fully retired for almost a year, I walk and or hike and bike most every day. I also try not to eat after 5:30 PM.
:/:/ So frustrating.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    You don't ask a question. Are you looking for help? Struggling to lose weight?

I would say your exercise is great, but no guarantee for weight loss: you can exercise all you want, you won't lose weight unless you're eating an appropriate number of calories.
    As for not eating after 5.30PM, this also isn't a guarantee for weight loss, it will depend on how many calories you consume.

If you give us more info about yourself, we might be able to give more specific advice: height, weight, how much you've been eating?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    possibly because you worked in a more physical job you were hungrier and therefore ate more.

Are you saying it has been a year since then and you have not lost the 25 pounds you put on?

That would suggest you are not eating in a calorie deficit ie despite the excercise, you are eating more than you burn.

The not eating after 5:30 wont really make a difference - if you eat a large meal at 5 pm or 8 pm it is still the same calories.

Some people find avoiding snacking after dinner is a good way to cut calories - but it doesn't matter what time the dinner is.

What are your stats? how many calories has MFP told you to eat? how accurate is your logging?

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I suggest you start logging all your food. You may be surprised at how many calories you are consuming. I know when I started running longer distances, I was shocked that a fairly healthy dinner out could have more calories than I burned on a 20 mile run.
  • Decoy152
    Decoy152 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! Been there myself. 55+ construction worker (now retired). I found retirement to be the absolute best opportunity to redirect and focus all that work energy into my fitness goals. You have great opportunity ahead 👍.