What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 459 Member
    pcp6e28k11tb.jpeg
    TGIF
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,879 Member
    We went to a basic Vietnamese cafe around the corner. I had bun cha with grilled pork.
    yd5143swmuc8.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    kfizpdcs3m96.jpeg
    Soft scrambled cheesy eggs, celery w seasoned salt, strawberries
  • janicemlove
    ixn3n6q8zpdv.jpg
    Still sick. Had some ramen and a snack plate: carrots, turkey pepperoni, cheddar cheese, green apple. Dr appt tomorrow so hopefully I can get over this sinus infection :(
  • janicemlove
    acpgee wrote: »
    We had some mung bean sprouts and asian aubergine that needed using up. Pork loin hor fun because the traditional beef could not be found in any of our nearby supermarkets. Chinese steamed aubergine salad with shallot oil dressing on the side.
    Would you mind sharing your recipe for the shallot dressing? Sounds good!
    I'm assuming shallots, oil, salt, pepper, vinegar?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,879 Member
    @janicemlove
    Below is the recipe is use for the aubergine salad, but I deviate a little on making the dressing. On the veg, I sprinkle on some soy, sweetish vinegar, and pressed garlic. Chop some green onion or chive very fine and eventually a little garlic, then heat up about a tablespoon of neutral vegetable oil until it is smoking hot. You can start to smell the oil smoking. Turn off the heat, stir in the chopped shallots, followed by the chopped garlic and pour immediately over the salad.

This is a Chinese technique also used for steamed (or microwaved) fish. The traditional technique would pile chopped green onion and ginger onto the fish, followed by soy, lemon, sugar. Then a few tablespoons of very hot vegetable oil is poured over the aromats to contact fry and blend the flavours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0D2g5bwuSs
  • janicemlove
    o3asql2w1bh4.jpeg
    ew2nacpebwu4.jpeg
    cy8aqxzdje3d.jpeg
    Lunch at work: Mac and cheese (super runny, not very good), key lime pie, California roll and a mountain of ginger.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,767 Member
    Smokey Bacon tempeh, Heirloom tomato, Kite Hill Chive " cream cheese", Vegan Queso, Nutritional yeast, dash barbecue sauce, spices and herbs on Ezekiel bread.
    dyu8hhdw2a4q.jpg
  • janicemlove
    jk3x3x1qcbvx.jpeg
    Grilled chicken w tzatziki on cucumber tomato salad