Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Crashing after work was such a treat.

Making a zucchini enchilada casserole - my tortillas are not going to roll so when in doubt reform the same ingredients.

I hope to get up early and go shopping. A good nights sleep is wanted here too.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    v8yw3geqpwul.jpg
    *** July 30 ***

Happy Saturday 🌼

Yesterday I had some lower digestive issues, so I think I'm a bit dehydrated, hence the lower number at the scale.

I have to fly up to NYC tomorrow for some routine medical appointments. The poundage is sure to come back up when I enjoy my favorite Chinese food there. It is what it is.

Sara - Your zucchini enchilada casserole sounds wonderful! πŸ˜‹

Waves to those who might stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

264.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Up early, went grocery shopping. Stopped by hairdresser's to see how she was doing after surgery and got Papa Murphy's Chicken Bacon Artichoke (has spinach as well) pizza so between that and the enchiladas my meals are set for a couple of days.

Napping today as well- read a new romance? Could be.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Today was my last day at my retail job. I’m going to be on call so if main job ot dries up I can pick up shifts. Application for mba is almost done just have statement of reasons left.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    8adnhscob31r.jpeg
    *** July 31 ***

Goodbye July - 🧑

Getting ready to go up to NYC. So much covid still going around--will be wearing mask and not eating or drinking anything on the plane.

Sara - I hope you have a relaxing day today.

Missy - Congrats on the improvement with the two jobs.
    Good luck with the statement of purpose for the MBA.
    There's lots of examples online. I didn't read them, but if it fits with your personality, include a tiny bit about being of service and helping others, so the thing isn't all "me-me-me".
    I hope that you aren't offended by this un-asked-for advice.
    Big hugs πŸ€—

Waves to anyone who pops by the Cabana Club today 🌴

Lana

264.4 today

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    8adnhscob31r.jpeg
    *** July 31 ***

Goodbye July - 🧑

Getting ready to go up to NYC. So much covid still going around--will be wearing mask and not eating or drinking anything on the plane.

Sara - I hope you have a relaxing day today.

Missy - Congrats on the improvement with the two jobs.
    Good luck with the statement of purpose for the MBA.
    There's lots of examples online. I didn't read them, but if it fits with your personality, include a tiny bit about being of service and helping others, so the thing isn't all "me-me-me".
    I hope that you aren't offended by this un-asked-for advice.
    Big hugs πŸ€—

Waves to anyone who pops by the Cabana Club today 🌴

Lana

264.4 today

Thank you 😊 no offended at all. Very appreciative.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana where did August go? Then I remember the 100 plus weeks...... It is what it is.

Missy your energy will be best used looking forwards. At least you have options with OT or retail. I agree with Lana about the "serving others" it is a big trend it companies to brag about what they do for their community.

Hope you both have a great evening.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    0ma5dvifno15.jpeg
    *** August 1st ***

Good morning all~~

I'm up and half awake and getting ready to go to a dentist appointment. What was I thinking when I agreed to take an 8AM appointment? πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

I hope that you all have a decent day today πŸ€—

Lana

265.8 today (Chinese πŸ˜‹)
  • theSassyhomemaker
    theSassyhomemaker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kzn6n5oortg6.jpg

Happy August!

Love this "topic title.." :*

Here I Go Again..... Day 1 ... Fresh Month - Fresh Start....

Gotta get 30 lbs OFF!

Oh how I hope I will stay steady and not give up this time!

Have A Happy, Blessed, and Goal Reachin' month y'all! ;)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Hello SassyHomemaker -nice picture and glad you joined us. We are an open group and people come and go - but stop by and post.

Tomorrow is last day of work without boss, need to savor it.

Humid and clouds will rain in the mountains. Nice shower will relax me to sleep.

Lana - I also have a really early dental apt this month. We made these apts thinking it was going to be SO HOT earlier was better.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    j2ichyfeah6v.jpeg
    *** August 2 ***

Sara - Ooooooh - yes, savor the days without πŸ‰ Dragon Lady.

Sassy - what an amazing sky in that photo of yours!

*waving to Andreas for more coffee*

Lana

265.8 today
  • theSassyhomemaker
    theSassyhomemaker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    B) Thanks Y'all!

Day 1 was GOOD!

Man, how quickly you get "out-of-shape" when ya fall off the wagon AND roll down the hill! lmbo ..
    Geez... My Leslie Sansone - 1 Miracle Mile with band kicked my butt. Plus a stroll-walk with Bailey-Boo for 20 minutes. (her first walk in a while... she has osteoarthritis in hips. Her pain meds are workin' well now.)

44devqrvkv6k.jpg

Day 2 (In Progress)

Had more pep this time with the Miracle Mile!

Bailey's walk will be at 8pm.. (we near the sun... I mean in Texas.) ha! :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Sassy I can understand the walk a mile - I put 200 steps in all at one time period today and darn if my hips didnt tell me about it. Bailey is adorable.

Lana, thank you for starting us. You post such pretty pictures as well.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    fn5av61edcu6.jpeg
    *** August 3 ***

Good morning β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Sara - it's the middle of the week....pull out your dragon fire extinguisher! I hope your day goes well in spite of any "noise" from the boss.

Sassy - Oh, your Bailey is gorgeous! Please post another photo of her. What breed is she? Such a sweet face πŸ₯°

Time to post this and get my journey home under way.

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for Mid Week Happy Hour at the Cabana Club*

Lana

265.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rice cooking for the Honey chicken Chinese frozen pieces in the toaster oven- 3 meals for me.

Isnt Bailey boo a real sweetie? Just want to walk up and pet her.

Dragon lady came out all fire to coworker only to find out later she had incorrect information - oops - for 98% of us that would be humbling -luckily it meant the end of her rant on my coworker. Sent coworker an encouraging post and got her a bag of spicy chips.

Have to go to bed earlier as my new neighbor's morning schedule is kicking me into a brain fog.

Lana - I will meet you on the sympathy couch in the corner as soon as I eat dinner.

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2022
    Options
    c1beb7qwsjuj.jpeg
    *** August 4 ***

Good morning All β˜€οΈ

Sara - Dragon Lady is an idiot on top of all of her other problems. Good grief.

Yesterday was a salt fest it seems. I just didn't think about it as I was doing it. Sheesh. I've got to drum up some energy to make more of my food from scratch. Also, it would help to ask for water or orange juice on the plane instead of tomato juice. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

* waving at Philippe for more coffee *

Lana

268.4 today 😭
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another day to "glow" in the heat.

Ordered the heavy items to be delivered by Walmart as I have no clue how I would get them in/out of my car to my place.

Fruit today no veg. Just is. Tomorrow may be more of the same.

Time to crash and figure out dinner later.

Lana - at least you know a solution to your salt intake -no more kicking yourself it does no good.

Tomorrow is Friday - that is good for something.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Howdy, serial starters. I'm checking in because I'm clinging to my motivation and determination by my fingernails - since last weekend (too many adult beverages), Tuesday night dinner out with friends, Wed and Thurs night high salt dinner, also adult beverages last night, I am up a whopping 6lbs on my last logged weight (9 days ago) and every fibre of my being just wants to order a large cheesy crust pepperoni pizza and commit death by calories.

I've started SO many times, including successfully losing over 80lbs 2014-2016, but then life kicked me around and I'm back with all 80 plus more. I MUST lose this weight, I'm miserable, unhealthy and keep like crap! But I also just want to throw my toys out of the pram today.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    z5ny8ny1qsiu.jpeg
    *** August 5 ***

Hello Alatariel and welcome ✨
    It's best to not look back. Just look forward.

For me, it's all about the grocery store and what I bring into the house. It sounds like you have a social life and eat out from time to time, so those times can be your splurges, but make home "safer".
    Stock up on lean protein and veggies, pre-cooked if necessary. Don't sentence yourself to only salads.
    Where do you live? Are you able to get out walking, or is it too hot right now?
    Sending hugs πŸ€—

Good morning Sara β˜€οΈ
    I hope that your day flies by and you are soon home and happy for the weekend. Any plans besides the well-deserved R&R?

Sassy, how are you doing down there? Drink your water!

Waves to the rest of the Cabana Club πŸ‘‹πŸ» The Boys have a nice Friday Happy Hour planned, with some new music 🎡
    Lana

269.0 I didn't want to type this, but best to face it. Grocery store fail last week brought candy into the house. All gone now.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    jyipoksjdryu.jpeg
    *** August 6 ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Just getting us started. Trying to get myself started too 🀣

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.8 today