Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Sara - glad you pick up those butts! I will consider my garbage pick up toe touches as well! I like that!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Did not wear pedometer - but picked up 10 cigarettes.

Cooler temps are starting which is welcome.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Air cool enough to open windows again, which is wonderful.

Today is my Friday for work and that is appreciated. Cafe lunch just remembered to put container for tomorrow's lunch in lunch bag.

Feet doing a lot better and scale is down as well, so I will keep plugging along.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking at work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited August 2019
    Good morning ladies~~

I have a routine doctors appointment this morning, so I must hurry~~

BBL

Lana

250.4 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2019
    Lana & skinny - Doctor is disturbed about swelling and sudden weight gain - am up 10 pounds in only 3 weeks, up 20+ pounds since April, with no real changes in diet or activity. That with a couple other symptoms makes her concerned. She has me set up for an ultrasound to check things out. She said she doesn't want me to freak out but ovarian cancer is something that encompasses all my symptoms. Will see what the ultrasound says and go from there.

Am going to see other doctor today about my back. Still hurts and I tweaked it on Monday. Never had lower back issues. After this incident, I most certainly never ever want to deal with any again! Just walking is causing pain. Just sitting is causing pain. Trying to stand up or sit down is causing pain. Crap!

DH and I are supposed to go on a 4 hour drive to go see relatives this weekend. Its a tradition to golf and other activities at our uncles. Am beginning to doubt if I will be up to it. :(
  • Tilliesmommy1
    15nmpuqa55iw.png
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm so sorry I've disappeared for a few days there. I've skimmed and caught up.

Kathryn: let us know what your doc says! I hope it's only good news with an easy remedy.

And, Lynn and others who struggle with emotional eating, I am so there too. Plus, boredom eating. I don't have any great answers except to remind yourself that, unless your problem is hunger, food won't fix it.

I love all of the new habits people are embracing--meal planning, good shopping, drinking water, stocking up on veggies etc. As for my two new habits:

1. I'm trying to stand up at my desk every half hour, take the stairs, and do a 10 minute walk after lunch and
    2. Drink more water

Sara--as a person who recently left a toxic job situation, I just say, hang in there. The light at the tunnel is there and growing. I like to keep some kind of a countdown calendar, privately. And just continuously remind myself why I've chosen to be where I'm at temporarily. Great non-scale victories, too!

Welcome to slporco, cestevam, fatoldlady and anyone lurking or that I've missed. I too am new here and can say, it's a wonderful, welcoming supportive group! I feel so lucky to have found them!

Twiley--that is amazing news about how you were able to heal your inflammation with dietary changes! Inspiring!

jorralee--I, too, struggle with the office job and commute. I'm slowly trying to fit some exercise in. My health club just sent an email saying they were offering a back to school special--free 1/2 hour consult, so I signed up. When I checked in at the health club yesterday (not to work out, sadly, but to run an errand) the gal at the desk literally remarked that she hadn't seen me all summer. And she's right. :(

And, I, too, am a nightowl. That's also something I need to work on--better sleep hygiene. When I don't sleep well, I tend to binge eat and I'm too tired to exercise.

That's enough for me for now. I'm down a tiny bit, after overcoming a brief blip up resulting from my visit to the State Fair this past weekend.

Our State Fair was last week as well... I'm in Mo....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    My aroma therapy arrived and it is good stuff. Frankieandmyrrh.com - I bought a roll on and a oil. Will use the oil to soak my feet in after a long day - Lana posted the spray a couple of pages back but I got the roll on "roll the b1tch away" it is long lasting complex and relaxing.

Today is my Friday at work.

Hey Lana- how did you know FOLOAM was in England?

Wishing all a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF

Cool enough to have window open this morning.

My fruit/veg box has cauliflower/radishes/carrots all things that can be used with hummus for a snack.Green beans/apples/pears are also possible. Red potatoes probably not......

Wave to all who follow.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - your fruit/veg box sounds great! Glad you have cooler weather. Here too!
    Kathryn - I am very sorry to hear about your medical appointment...I will plan to hear good news soon. I hope you are not fretting over her possible diagnosis. That is a big jump so quickly. I will pray it is something simple!
    Good morning also to Lana, skinnytacular, Dawn and ladyonhorse!
    Lurking from work! sparse crowd here due to labor day weekend.
    Lynn
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    I’m definitely a serial starter. I’d like to stop doing that. As each time I come back I’m another 10lbs heavier. I need to get this right this time!
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Hello all! TGIF indeed!

Lynn--I think you can count all of those as NSV. Sometimes it's enough of a NSV to keep propelling yourself forward through the fog and looking for the signs. Staying engaged in the fight, you know?

Sara--ha! Picking up cigarette butts! I too am relieved for the cooler weather. So much easier to exercise when it's cool. Congrats, by the way, on being a bit down on the scale! Good plan for using your veggie box! Sometimes it's hard to know what to do with the random assortment you get!

HickChick--Thank you for the update on your Doc appt. I'm glad your doc seems conscientious and wants to get to the bottom of the matter for you. Sorry to hear about your back, too. Hopefully your other doc can help you get that straightened out, no pun intended. Sorry you might have to miss visiting with your relatives, but I can see why the long drive might be impossible under the circumstances.

FOL! Down 8 lbs? Cause for celebration! Woohoo! Everyone have a chug of water and pick up 5 cigarette butts! The horse sounds like fantastic motivation! Good for you! My motivation, that I set a long time ago, is that I would buy myself a nice leather jacket once I got down to the weight I wanted and maintained it for a bit. We'll see!

arniedog--ok, so you get the State Fair thing. I have to tell you, I thought I made ok (not horrible) choices at the fair--except maybe I had too many of my husband's french fries--and I literally only today dropped below (by 0.5lbs) my pre-fair weight. And here's the thing: I'm going again this weekend, too! Thankfully there's all the walking!

As for me, well, this morning I impulsively put on a pair of pants I stopped wearing awhile ago because they were getting too tight and they fit beautifully! NSV! Also, I stepped onto the elevator this morning, pushed the button for my floor, then remembered: I committed to taking the stairs. So I exclaimed, "I'm supposed to be taking the stairs!" and dashed off. Much to the amazement of everyone on the elevator. I can't believe it but I am slightly winded and my thighs burn a little after taking a few flights of stairs. So, i need to stick with it for sure.

OK, head down back to work so I can get out at a decent time today to kick off the long weekend! Back to school for my kiddo on Monday. I relish the routine to the routine!

• LanaCabana537

Good morning ~~

Kathryn - what did the back doctor have to say? I am concerned about you and what will ultimately be 8 hours riding in a car. That could really make matters worse. I hope that you can take Advil; the anti-inflammatory quality could help? Maybe the doctor gave you some muscle relaxer meds? Hoping the best for you.

Skinny - that is SO cool about the pants fitting!

Sara - I'm glad that you have a nice long weekend for yourself.
    As for Lady on a Mission, I guessed at it with a few things that she said, and a few words that she used, such as "holiday" for what we would call a vacation. I've listened to BBC and watched Brit TV and films my whole life. Not to mention working with a lot of Brits over the years.

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Saltine and Davis and slporco and Tracey and Tracy and Lynn (and Maggie, the valiant Turkey hunter) and anyone else who stops by later on~~
    Thinking of Meghan in Florida what with the hurricane. 🤞🏻

Lana

252.0 the scale tracked everything I ate yesterday
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF

Cool enough to have window open this morning.

My fruit/veg box has cauliflower/radishes/carrots all things that can be used with hummus for a snack.Green beans/apples/pears are also possible. Red potatoes probably not......

Wave to all who follow.

Sara - your veggie box sounds great - and it comes to your home! Hummus will be perfect~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    What happened to the "whoo" option?? :s
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited August 2019
    What happened to the "whoo" option?? :s

They posted several weeks ago that it would be going away by the 1st of September due to the misunderstanding over its meaning. Or more precisely the dual meaning it had taken on. Since "woo" was used as a derogatory reaction, often without clarification and civil debate, MFP decided to eliminate the possibility of dissension.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest

Eventually, there will be a dislike button if they feel like adding it.
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hey everyone,
    I am new to the board, look forward to meeting everyone & making new acquaintances.
    Sincerely,
    WSwalkin
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am a serial starter, but I am still on my original plan.

The hard part has been increasing the intensity and maintaining more strength training in my routine. I have started & stopped new exercises for months now. This week has been my most successful 3 of 5 planned workouts completed. I am having a sleight case of bubble guts today so I don’t know if I will be able to make that 4 of 5.

WSwalkin