Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110gemwolf110 Posts: 883Member Member Posts: 883Member Member
    Good morning ladies! Welcome to the new members!

So I hit a snag in the moving plans-place I was going to go can’t take more than one dog. So I’ll keep working on the house but may end up not selling the house will have to see how it all works out. At least the house will be spotless and renewed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • skinnytacularskinnytacular Posts: 20Member Member Posts: 20Member Member
    Good morning all! I'm a serial starter. Also, a serial stopper. Ha! I have successfully lost about 50 lbs with WW twice in the past, most recently about two years ago and then about 10 years ago prior to that. But I've started and stopped many more times than that. I really struggle to keep it off. I am looking for support, but not in a way that's too overwhelming. I recently joined Omada, which is a online weight loss program offered through some health insurance companies. For 16 weeks you get online coaching, structured lessons, an online journal/food diary, and a private message board to share with your cohort of about 30 people. When the 16 weeks are done, the coach and the lessons go away, but you still get access to the diary and the message board. My coach is great, but my group is disappointingly unsupportive. Not mean or anything, just not helpful or responsive.

May I join in here?

I was planning on going into work today (I have a new job that I started in June--we are in the middle of heavy deadlines right now and I'm slower than I should be because I'm new), but I see there's a charity race scheduled along my preferred commute route. So, I think I'll stay home and meal prep and do laundry instead. (I shopped yesterday.) This afternoon my husband and son and I are going to a baseball game. Also, I had to take my cat to the emergency vet yesterday. She's old and has kidney disease. They sent her home with a bunch of meds that I need to administer this morning. That's it for me.
  • LanaCabana537LanaCabana537 Posts: 1,817Member Member Posts: 1,817Member Member

Welcome to Skinny!! Make yourself at home. We are definitely supportive.

Missy - Sorry about the change of moving plans. Yes, see how it all works out. And please send me some of that magic dust you are using to keep you going with improving your house. 😄

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Meghan in Florida and Suzu and Davis and the new folks and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

250.0 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 3,410Member Member Posts: 3,410Member Member
    Phone call - young lady from work who just got back from her honeymoon still wants to go shoe/thrift store shopping - she has a good coupon, but I was a little surprised to see her phone call, so "away we go". I have many hangers to fill.

Skinny - you have a full plate. You are welcome to get support here. Can we offer you any specific support? Let us know. Sending good thoughts for your cat. We also like animal pictures so if you would like to post those.....

Missy - you have 2 or 3 dogs? They are wonderful but large. The right answer will find both of us soon enough. I feel like I am pounding a square peg into a round hole. Great reason to get some walking in!!

Phone call - young lady from work who just got back from her honeymoon still wants to go shoe/thrift store shopping - she has a good coupon, but I was a little surprised to see her phone call, so "away we go". I have many hangers to fill.

Skinny - you have a full plate. You are welcome to get support here. Can we offer you any specific support? Let us know. Sending good thoughts for your cat. We also like animal pictures so if you would like to post those.....

Missy - you have 2 or 3 dogs? They are wonderful but large. The right answer will find both of us soon enough. I feel like I am pounding a square peg into a round hole. Great reason to get some walking in!!

I’ll have 2 huskies and a bichon. Might have 3 huskies if the other leaves the third behind
    Thank you Lana and TilliesMom. I can't think of any specific support I need at this time, but thank you for asking. Mostly I just need people to check in and commiserate with!

I love thrift shopping!
  • arniedog74arniedog74 Posts: 1,835Member Member Posts: 1,835Member Member
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, hope your foot is doing better. Can you/should you soak it or ice it?

Groceries and then cooking on my list. Did a nice job of dejunking yesterday and that is always a nice feeling.

Yes, dog got me up early, but then she is my best alarm clock.

Wave to all who follow.

I iced it half the night, first night. Iced a couple hours, last night. It's not as bad as I expected, pain wise. Except, when working and have to kneel... bruise is getting darker... still pretty puffy on top of foot... rubs on inside of shoe... blah
  • arniedog74arniedog74 Posts: 1,835Member Member Posts: 1,835Member Member
    Thank you Lana and TilliesMom. I can't think of any specific support I need at this time, but thank you for asking. Mostly I just need people to check in and commiserate with!

I love thrift shopping!

Welcome! This is a great place for support and encouragement! Stop by when you can..
  • Tilliesmommy1Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 3,410Member Member Posts: 3,410Member Member
    MONDAY

Good morning, scale says same as last week which is a victory for me. Couple hot days coming up so more water is mandatory.

Thrift store shopping and shoes shopping got me 6 tops and 2 pairs of shoes. Friend got 3 pairs of shoes, 12 tops and a glass cake plate with dome.

Back to work we go...... lurking as usual.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537LanaCabana537 Posts: 1,817Member Member Posts: 1,817Member Member

Good morning Sara~~
    Congratulations on your nice haul at the thrift store!

Into the shower with me - gotta get out there and walk, walk, walk before it gets hot.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

248.8 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
    Thank you arniedog. So sorry to hear about your foot. That sounds very painful! I hope it starts to feel better soon.

Sara--congrats for your success on the scale. Maintaining is indeed a victory. And what a fantastic thrift store haul! We have a new thrift store in town. Perhaps I should go investigate. I'm glad you're thinking ahead about water--so smart! In fact, drinking more water (and cutting back on sugary drinks and alcohol) is the topic of my Omada lesson this week. I'm supposed to try 3 new ways this week to liven water up (you know, adding sliced cucumbers and mint, or berries, etc.).

Lana--great job starting your day with a walk.

As for me, I spent Saturday at the emergency vet with my cat. She seemed like she was on the mend when we got home, but then she didn't eat or drink again yesterday, even though I gave her the meds, etc. :( I'm going to have to call the vet again today when they open at 8am. Breaks my heart. She's about 16 years old, so I fear this could be the end of the line for her. :( Anyway, that kept me up all night.
    Thank you arniedog. So sorry to hear about your foot. That sounds very painful! I hope it starts to feel better soon.

Sara--congrats for your success on the scale. Maintaining is indeed a victory. And what a fantastic thrift store haul! We have a new thrift store in town. Perhaps I should go investigate. I'm glad you're thinking ahead about water--so smart! In fact, drinking more water (and cutting back on sugary drinks and alcohol) is the topic of my Omada lesson this week. I'm supposed to try 3 new ways this week to liven water up (you know, adding sliced cucumbers and mint, or berries, etc.).

As for me, I spent Saturday at the emergency vet with my cat. She seemed like she was on the mend when we got home, but then she didn't eat or drink again yesterday, even though I gave her the meds, etc. :( I'm going to have to call the vet again today when they open at 8am. Breaks my heart. She's about 16 years old, so I fear this could be the end of the line for her. :( Anyway, that kept me up all night.

Oh no I hope she feels better soon and that it’s not the end of the line. Will keep her in my prayers.
    MONDAY

Good morning, scale says same as last week which is a victory for me. Couple hot days coming up so more water is mandatory.

Thrift store shopping and shoes shopping got me 6 tops and 2 pairs of shoes. Friend got 3 pairs of shoes, 12 tops and a glass cake plate with dome.

Back to work we go...... lurking as usual.

Wave to all who follow.

That sounds like an excellent thrift store haul!!!
    I have been "eyeballing" my WW oil in the morning, so I decided to get back on the stick and measure. What a difference, so what small thing can you do that will rein in the "eyeballing" that has gotten out of hand?

• brennerjlbbrennerjlb Posts: 322Member Member Posts: 322Member Member

I find that a splash of red wine in sparkling water is a great way to liven water up :smiley: Welcome skinny!

Started today with my usual walk and my pup was gimping. Turns out she has a cut on one of her foot pads. So we shortened our walk a bit....put some salve on and played in the yard instead. Will have to get alonger walk in at lunch.
    Sara - awesome thrift store finds! I love thrifting unless the store is a disaster. Some try and put too much stuff out and it overwhelms me. Interesting about your oil. I should measure stuff again maybe...
    Missy - kudos to you on making the decision to keep your dogs first. That is a tough thing though...sorry they put a roadblock into your plans.
    Waves to Dawn, Kathryn, Tracy and Tracey, Megan, Suzu, and all others who stop by.
    Lurking from work
    Lynn
  • hickchic67hickchic67 Posts: 716Member Member Posts: 716Member Member
    Thanks for all the tips and suggestions for dealing with the hot flashes, etc. I have small flexible ice pack and a frozen water bottle in my mini fridge at work now. I got a bottle of lavender essential oil and am still getting all the bedtime stuff worked out.

Hi & welcome to all the new people!
    saltine - wow! hope you are taking it easy and healing up. i cant even imagine what you went through. is this something that you can control with medication?
    Missy - sorry to hear the house plan is on hold. glad you didnt just give up and re-home the pups though! i know several people who would have done that. :(
    Dawn - dang, girl! you have a foot of many colors now? ouch! :s
    Sara - any feedback from interviews you have done? oh, and are you interviewing all these new CBs you've scouted out for us??? ;)
    Lana - sounds like you are doing great with your walking! keep it up! :)
    Tracey - sorry you are having trouble with your hip. great that you are still right on track! i fall off the wagon way too easily.
    Tracy - I would guess the reactions are a mix of jealousy that you are sticking to your plan and getting healthier along with some worry that you will bring them down not be drinking & relaxed as they are. people can be weird. they can get over that. you do whats best for you!

DH is has been having some ear pain now, but its not constant. He says it feel plugged and he can hear noises but everything very muffled and garbled. We don't go back to dr until September. They will do a hearing test to see how much improvement, if any.

Dr has ordered a TEE for me (transesophogeal echocardiagram?) Has anyone had experience with that kind of test? You have to swallow a tube with some sort of equipment on it so they can get a better look at your heart.
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips and suggestions for dealing with the hot flashes, etc. I have small flexible ice pack and a frozen water bottle in my mini fridge at work now. I got a bottle of lavender essential oil and am still getting all the bedtime stuff worked out.

Hi & welcome to all the new people!
    saltine - wow! hope you are taking it easy and healing up. i cant even imagine what you went through. is this something that you can control with medication?
    Missy - sorry to hear the house plan is on hold. glad you didnt just give up and re-home the pups though! i know several people who would have done that. :(
    Dawn - dang, girl! you have a foot of many colors now? ouch! :s
    Sara - any feedback from interviews you have done? oh, and are you interviewing all these new CBs you've scouted out for us??? ;)
    Lana - sounds like you are doing great with your walking! keep it up! :)
    Tracey - sorry you are having trouble with your hip. great that you are still right on track! i fall off the wagon way too easily.
    Tracy - I would guess the reactions are a mix of jealousy that you are sticking to your plan and getting healthier along with some worry that you will bring them down not be drinking & relaxed as they are. people can be weird. they can get over that. you do whats best for you!

DH is has been having some ear pain now, but its not constant. He says it feel plugged and he can hear noises but everything very muffled and garbled. We don't go back to dr until September. They will do a hearing test to see how much improvement, if any.

Dr has ordered a TEE for me (transesophogeal echocardiagram?) Has anyone had experience with that kind of test? You have to swallow a tube with some sort of equipment on it so they can get a better look at your heart.

Yeah it’s just against my morals to rehome them. They are my kids. But my family thinks I’m crazy for not doing that smh I know they are trying to looking out for me but they don’t understand that dogs are family to me. It’s sad but they just have a different point of view of dogs and their status in the family.
  • davisagoldingdavisagolding Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    @gemwolf110 You are a great mommy. Your babies come first. Thank you for loving them.