What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm helping my sister move. A lot of it is waiting around doing nothing but then a lot of it was lifting and carrying heavy things. I surprised a few people by my strength πŸ˜‚ (she has deviously heavy chairs that look like they would weigh nothing, that I lifted like they weighed nothing and then this dude was helping us get it all on the elevator and I was so careful about explaining how heavy they were and making sure he had them so the oof he made had me cracking up).
    I had 2,75L of water throughout this all (it's only 5.30pm and it's 24C out) and haven't had the need to pee at all so I think I might've been sweating more than I thought (I'm on shirt number 3).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I'm helping my sister move. A lot of it is waiting around doing nothing but then a lot of it was lifting and carrying heavy things. I surprised a few people by my strength πŸ˜‚ (she has deviously heavy chairs that look like they would weigh nothing, that I lifted like they weighed nothing and then this dude was helping us get it all on the elevator and I was so careful about explaining how heavy they were and making sure he had them so the oof he made had me cracking up).
    I had 2,75L of water throughout this all (it's only 5.30pm and it's 24C out) and haven't had the need to pee at all so I think I might've been sweating more than I thought (I'm on shirt number 3).

@bojaantje3822 - It's fun to defy people's expectations, isn't it? I've helped much younger friends (like half my age) move, and gotten some "let the guys lift that" reactions . . . right before I picked a thing up and carried it out to the truck. 🀣 I wouldn't take real risks for the surprise value, but sometimes folks do underestimate us . . . !
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Sort of rest day today, so I'll probably get out in the yard/garden and take care of some chores since it will not be above 90 degrees. It actually will only be low 80s. So much better.

Then in the evening I'll put on my bright yellow shirt and head to the sports fields for an Ultimate game. I skipped the last two games because I was injured. If I don't hurt myself, I'll play the whole game. If I re-injure myself, I hope I'm able to just stay on the sidelines. I didn't even GO to the fields last two weeks because I worried if I was there I'd play, and that wouldn't have been good. Like I seem to say every year I play, "This might just be my last year as an Ultimate player."

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Another boring steady state day. Did around 7000 meters (around 34 minutes, I forget actually). 2:25 pace. Slowed down a bit today as I did it outside. Got up to low 80s, really mild for Tucson, but it was humid for us. 40 something percent. Did this on the deck, which my dogs thoroughly appreciate. They sit out there with me and enjoy the sun and fresh air. A real treat for this time of year in Tucson. Where everywhere else in the US has had unseasonably hot temps, ours have been cooler than normal this year so far (because of all the rain).

I do my Steady State days unstrapped now (my feet aren't tied down) and sweat can be treacherous. If you lose grip, you can fall off the back if you're not exhibiting solid form, so I kept having to wipe my hands on my shorts for the last 2K meters.

HR hit 150 again, but not till right at the end. Was a gradual creep today. Probably should have went easier as I have golf tonight and a really hard planned row (and lift) tomorrow. I forget the exact row, but it's similar to the 4 X 2K that I'll do, but with less recovery time. Sound brutal. We'll see.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

Quick outdoor swim with friends. Probably about 800-1000 yds at most, but a leisurely non wetsuit swim was the right thing to do with temps around 95 degrees.

I will ride the bike before work tomorrow, or else continue my run progression.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    PT session:
    Started w core super sets, sled, leg extension, walking lunges, another leg extension variation. My legs are sore!
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Decided not to risk a bike ride due to intermittent pop-up thunderstorms hereabouts, so when the weather cleared in time for my open rowing supervision gig tonight, I put my racing single in the water and rowed for a while, after getting the open rowing attendees launched.

Glassy flat water, which was nice, but man, was it ever humid after the rains. Temp "only" in the 80s F, and I don't know the humidity numbers, but it felt like a steambath. (It's about 90% humidity now, but it goes up after dark because cooler . . . maybe 70s percent or so earlier?)

I kept the pace super-relaxed, but my Garmin still says my heart rate went crazy high - almost even time periods in each of Z1-Z5, which is completely out of whack with the effort level. I felt normal (just hot), so either it was bad readings, or high because of the heat, I don't know (or care).

Since I needed to get back to the dock in time to help others land & carry boats, and had started last of the group, I only got in about 5.5km.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    I threw a Callahan in our Ultimate game tonight. My first ever. I haven't seen one thrown in over a decade.

Not very happy about that, but the game was fun aside from that.
  • Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Options
    40 minute lower body and core workout, 1 hour run πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Well hopefully I haven't gone and broke it! I was doing my usual Elliptical workout this AM and at 159 minutes, 9.89 miles, it just stopped! I can barely budge it. I got off but I can't see what happened. I'm hoping its just a screw or two. I still had 1 hour left in the movie I was watching! :-(

My one son said he would come over after 8 PM (after his young kids are to bed) to help my other son, to take off the Cowling to see what happened. Probably should oil it too while we do. I'm a bit mechanically inclined(as most nurses are)but my eyes are older than theirs and I would need brighter light than available in my basement to do it myself.

I have amounted at least 2,000 miles on it since 1/3/22. But it is a gym quality one I bought for $600-$800 in 2010. So hoping just a connection. And that is a extremely conservative number logged since I started charity miles 1/3/22. I only noticed about maybe 2 months ago that my I Phone only picks up about half my steps on the Elliptical or my daily steps and I have only added the missed steps since then.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Still a little steamy here, but rain held off, so I got in the usual roughly 7k row, in bow of the double.

That'll be it for formal exercise today - I'm heading into lunch at a beer garden with a friend. Happy Friday, all! 🍻
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Just finished up my monthly inner (indoor) rowing club row. What a bear! I do my club rows on my lifting day, just so I can keep my easy days easy. So, this was done after my 5 X 30 rep workout -- with 150 reps (for each body part) of compound shoulders, legs, chest. So by 11 AM, I'm already pretty sore.

This month was row 7777m with 7 minutes rest, broken up any way you want to. I did a "waterfall" workout with it -- 3500m/3', 2500m/3', 1200m/1', 577 to finish. Was as brutal as I thought it would be! HR hit 170 by the 2nd set and 93% max by the last one. Ended up finishing it with around a 2:08 pace, which is roughly 11 or 12 seconds off my best paces back in my early 50s, so I felt good about getting it done.

My muscles were spent before my cardio was or I think I could have possibly done better.

• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    walking outside - until it felt way too hot - then indoors on treadmill ... looking forward to tomorrow when will have access to a pool to swim laps ...
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    20 min workout in office.

90 min hip hop dance class.
  • Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Options
    Two hour run so far with another upper body strength workout planned today
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    NROL full body workout.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Rowing in the quad, me in 3 seat (engine room, yay!), in a boat that included (at the extremes) a former Big Ten champion rower, a woman who just took the learn to row class this summer, and ages from early thirties to mid sixties.

This is a fun thing about rowing, that people at very different technical levels and strengths can row together productively, as long as everyone has the initial baseline technical mechanics down. We all had a good time.

It was the usual roughly 7k distance, with good energy in the boat despite the temps already being in the 80s F and humidity steam-bath-like (80% or so at the start). So. Much. Sweat!
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    PT session: RDLs, sumo squat, leg extension, pull ups, hip thrust, row variations, lat pull down, this other variation I don't know the name of but it felt really good.