What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    edited February 2021
    Today's harder interval workout. Got the garage lifting gym done last night. Just still haven't put up the ceiling ring yet. Going to give it a go tonight, likely starting out pretty light. Other than pushups, pressups and some light weighted squats, haven't been doing much lifting. Did my 100 pushups already this AM along with this workout.

g3hrzqcoonw1.jpg
    usmi2lzm18mp.png
    ns9f4us14l0u.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    Easy 16' stationary bike <70% HRR (start to condition my way back into some cycling activity), 40' core exercises (pretty much same as reported previously, add time/count to most; replace floor side crunch with one-bent-knee ball side crunch R&L; add lower body twist with ball between knees, ball hip abduction, ball overhead circles CW & CCW).
    JimDew wrote: »
    82ytk56pfg8x.jpeg

You guys and your hi-tech trackers.

Lol.

I’m kidding. I use a garmin watch when I’m able to run.

I'm thinking about an abacus, myself. When I do the declining-count kettlebell circuits lately, I start losing track of where I am in the count, around halfway through (6? 5?), then try to err on the side of doing extras. Beads on a wire would be perfect, just a quick flip between rounds . . . and there are certainly enough beads and wire around here (one of my other hobbies is making jewelry 😆).
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Run, mixing it up a lil

3tm9z3pe8ul0.jpeg
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    I did a quick workout yesterday. Work was silly, so I started at around 1.30 a.m.

Bench 3 sets of 10, 50 kgs. I've been benching a lot recently, in terms of volume if not weight. The last time I checked, my 1-rep max was around 70 kgs (at a body weight of 65 kgs). I may test where it is now in the foreseeable future.

Kettlebell 100 swings, 24 kgs.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited February 2021
    drmwc wrote: »
    I did a quick workout yesterday. Work was silly, so I started at around 1.30 a.m.

Bench 3 sets of 10, 50 kgs. I've been benching a lot recently, in terms of volume if not weight. The last time I checked, my 1-rep max was around 70 kgs (at a body weight of 65 kgs). I may test where it is now in the foreseeable future.

Kettlebell 100 swings, 24 kgs.

That's pretty impressive Matt. I would never workout at that hour!

I had trouble last night at 7 PM doing mine! I told myself that I was going to do lifting in the new garage gym. I have a Total Gym, a Rebok style portable bench, a power tower, a full set of slam balls, heavy rope, plyo box, 50 lb adjustable dumbbells and some heavy KBs. Still want to put a ring in the ceiling for TRX, rings and for an Endless Rope machine.

The only thing I hadn't figured out is where to put the heavy rope, so I've ordered some tent spikes from Amazon (waiting on those) so I can stake it in on the other side of my driveway in the gravel and stretch the rope across the driveway.

Last night, was finally able to do work and couldn't decide what I wanted to do. Did one legged pistol squats on the Total Gym (assisted), some other upper body work on the TG (shoulder work, which it's great for), triceps, bicep curls and some more leg work. Set up the Rebok bench (also a step) and did a lot of weighted steps ups (just 40 lbs), some overhead presses and then finished up with some slam balls. LOVE that. Was slamming my 30lb ball. Wasn't quite sure how to do it, but looked it up after and my form was pretty decent.

Total of only 20 minutes (I don't rest between, straight supersetting), 200 calories burned.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press
    Machine chest press
    Seated rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Cable curls/tricep pushdowns
  • MikePfirrman
    8250m row today. Odd number but on the PM5 (Concept2's rowing computer), if you set up an interval as 5500 X 2 and don't finish the second interval, it doesn't record what you do get done. I was doing that a lot so now I'm setting up the row as 5500m, 2 minute break, then 2750, 2750 with no breaks for 11K, assuming I feel up to it. I did the 5500 and the first 2750 today. Was a tad tired after doing the lift last night before bed. All under 75% max HR.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press
    Machine chest press
    Seated rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Cable curls/tricep pushdowns

Decided to do a 2k row last minute. Wasn't expecting to be able finish it; happy my shoulder cooperated this time.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    5 min walk 4 @ 4
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Strict Press
    15 Pull-ups
    40 Banded Crunches

12/8/4
    Shrugs
    Palm In Lat Pulls
    Bent Over Row
    Low Pulley Straight Bar Sweeps
    Dbell Row
    Rope to Face
    Iso Landmine Row
    Iso Lat Pulldowns
    Dbell Shrugs
    V Bar Pulldowns

15 Pull-ups Wide Grip

Nifty Abs (50 reps)
    Situps/Cable Crunches/Knee Tucks/Leg Raises/Flutter Kicks/Rev Crunches/Hip Lifts/Crunches
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    First Bike/Run brick session today. 1:04:00 on bike trainer ride, then right into a 15 minute transition run.

Bike work was alternating 5 minute blocks of steady power output with blocks of increasing cadence
    1) 4 min block total, done as: 1min @95rpm,1 min@100 rpm, 1min@105rpm, 1min@110rpm
    2) 3 min as - 1 min@100, min@110, 1min@120
    3) 2min as - 1 min@110, 1min@120
    4) 1min as - highest cadence possible without bouncing in the saddle (126-128rpm)

I'm looking forward to warm weather and lots of time in the saddle next week. A few friends and I will ride bikes from Florida City to Key West over two days. We'll ride at an easy pace, going the first 90 miles to Marathon on day one, then the remaining 70 miles to Key West the next day.

Would be glad to donate my extra cardio calories to anyone in need next week.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    shoveled my driveway of a foot of snow. i dont know how many calories it burns but it has to be a lot.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    Half hour stationary bike, all but 1' below 70%, while simultaneously talking on the phone with a friend. 😆

Earlier in evening: Automated survey from my new health insurance company, follow-up to doctor appointment. Asked if my doctor talked with me about benefits of exercise for fall prevention, etc. I said no. (My doctor has met me, y'know? 😆). Had to listen to an extended recorded lecture about how good it is to stay active while aging (I'm 65), and how I should talk with my doctor about it. Then, because it misprocessed my answer to the next question (unrelated), it looped me through the "activity is beneficial" recorded lecture THREE TIMES.

Another highlight: I have BPPV (vertigo) spells, so when it asked if I'd fallen lately, I said yes. (Bad, admittedly.) It suggested I talk with my doctor about using a cane or walker. Honestly, folks, I don't quite think I'm there yet. I do need to stop whipping my head around fast, ever, though. 🙄
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    I managed to get a 40 minute hangboarding session in over lunch. I was OK at half crimp, but my three finger fully open crimp is pretty weak.

In the evening, I squatted and deadlifted doing 3 sets of 5 (90 kgs) for the squat; and 3 sets of 7 (110 kgs) for the deadlift.

I got a short walk in as well, finishing on 17,000 steps for the day.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,801 Member
    edited February 2021
    We had a bit cooler weather last week (-34C overnights before windchill) so I took the dogs snowshoeing every day instead of xc skiing. About the same effort required, but you don't get the intense windchills like you do when going down a slope on skiis. But yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with fresh snow, recently groomed trails, and the temp was only about -7C. It felt so good to be back skiing again. Heart rate up. Big stupid grin on my face. Dogs running beside me. A work out doesn't get any better than that 🙂
  • deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2021
    Two 10-rep sets on the bench (raised to 15 degrees). Onto the elliptical for HIIT cardio (4 min intervals), after four minutes, jump on bench for ten reps (before the elliptical resets (30 sec)), then back on elliptical for 4 min interval, back to bench, repeat, repeat repeat... 39 min total on elliptical (clock stops when I hop off) and 11 sets/110 reps total bench press (full ROM -no cheating. Near failure by the 10th rep). Weight (bench) increased by 18# since last week (stack machine, so, well, you know). Weight increase (bench) left zero in the tank for shoulders and tris, so now my schedule is a bit off, but trying to keep my body in a constant state of WTF?
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    60 mins LISS

Rolling hills Program on the Treadmill
  • MikePfirrman
    edited February 2021
    5500m row, then another 27 or so minutes on the LateralX. Just around an hour total, including setting up the machines and switching machines. All pretty easy stuff. Rower @ 75% of max or lower and LateralX all 70% of max or lower. Roughly 680 calories or so.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Sydney Cummings workout of the day (glutes); spinning for 20 minutes; 7.5 km power walk.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Did a "Familiar Loop" run, which is an easy aerobic run that is repeated a few times during the year to help validate fitness improvements. Ended up doing just over 4 miles on snowy roads.
  • deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    Still spent from overdoing it on the prior day (body was telling me "Hold up there, Tiger" -my body is a bit of an ahole). So, no cardio last night. Just focused on Abs, back and biceps.