What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    25 cals assault bike, 10 seated db presses with a 10kg db, 15 cals bike, 10 seated db presses, 15 cals bike, 10 seated db presses, 25 cals bike in 11:49.

Then 3 sets of 5 tempo backsquats at low weights (empty bar, 25kg, 25kg).

Then in gymnastics class I did my first assisted pull ups with vertical bands instead of horizontal ones. I could only do two in a row and I required 4 green bands but I did it. It was terrifying, my heart was going crazy, and I screamed a few times. I also needed the coach to push my legs back to the box so I could untangle myself. It's a good thing I have very flexible limbs or I might've hurt myself. It's also a bad thing because I get careless/sloppy because I know my flexibility will save me from my thoughtlessness (99% of the time).

Then 4 rounds of 10 strict hanging high knee raises (I did 5 in a row for the first time and it was fine), 10 push ups from a 30 inch box and 10-15 ring rows. You get a minute for each exercise.

Then the accessory work was a rotator cuff sequence and lying hollow hold pvc pull downs that I scaled a little bit and only did 2 rounds of instead of 3.

I overdid it but I don't think it'll have any consequences. I do wanna work on knowing when to stop so I don't do this often. It's not a habit now but it happens once every few weeks and that's just too often. Tomorrow is not a rest day either...
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    Saturday I still did some strength training in the early evening, after my firewood exercise session in the morning. Just two sets of dumbbell bench press, pull-ups (assisted using resistance bands), dumbbell shoulder presses and rack pulls.

Yesterday I did a 12.5km run on the treadmill, in 1h27 minutes. Felt harder than it should, harder to breathe, I suspect seasonal allergies are to blame.

It's a bank holiday here today, so I figured that aside from 'vegging out' in front of the TV, I might as well get some movement in: a 75 minute walk on the treadmill while watching TV.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Did steady state work the last two days, around an hour both times.

Yesterday was rower, then LateralX. Today was rower, then Assault Bike.

Neither day too hard. 75% max HR on rower, then around 60% to 70% max on the others.

Since I'm getting used to all the lifting, now amping back up the cardio again to around an hour or so per day. I was cutting that down a bit recently.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Local hike: 4.4 miles, 15.26 pace, 468 active calories
    Resistance Training: 75 minutes, 200 active calories
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    light work yesterday per physical therapist routine. 30 minutes of stability and marching movements prior to a 2min On/1min Off jogging routine. Slow progress, but I don't mind. I don't expect to run in a tri until March.
    Open water swim tonight. Preparing for the swim and run portion of an Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday. Once again, I have a speedy runner lined up to do the 10k run split.
  • Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Options
    Got in 60 minute run today. Nothing else planned as I catch up on sleep today 😁😁
  • bojaantje3822
    Options
    An hour of pilates this morning and oly class this evening.

Oly class had an emom of 1 power snatch and 1 overhead squat at fairly low weights (65-70-75% of 1rm) for 12 minutes. I wasn't feeling very strong on my snatches for some reason so for the first time ever the overhead squats felt easier.

Then the strength was 3x3 snatch pulls at 105% of 1rm. This felt so heavy but it was done so quickly, we finished class 10 min early.

Some of the other women in the class kinda diuscarded the percentages and did heavy-for-them weights at the emom and then 105% at the pulls. Idk why you'd willingly overexert yourself like that. There's logic behind the workout programming and we're still in deload so it's a bit counterproductive.

So tired now. Tomorrow should be sprints, wallballs and snatches so I should rest throughout the day if I can.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,053 Member
    Options
    @Lietchi the old saying goes, wood warms you twice: the second time it burns, but that's after you warm up simply carrying, splitting and stacking it.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,053 Member
    Options
    Saturday: 5km elliptical followed by full-body lifting
    Deadlift, hack squat, DB press/row, DB front/side/rear raise, DB curl/extend

Monday: Leg day
    Squats, RDL (workout cut short due to time for other commitments)

Tuesday: Pull Day
    Pullups, BB Row, BB Shrugs, Cable row, Face pull, Cable hammer curl
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Today's treadmill run: 9.5km, 7.5 of which at 8.7kph and the rest at 9.2kph, so 65min in total.
    Mostly Z3 with the last 15 minutes Z4. High humidity and still allergies playing, but it didn't feel quite as bad/hard as Sunday.

Most likely no workout tomorrow, as I'm meeting up with a friend after work for drinks and dinner and will probably be home too late. But I'll probably get a fair amount of steps in.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    @Lietchi the old saying goes, wood warms you twice: the second time it burns, but that's after you warm up simply carrying, splitting and stacking it.

No splitting, fortunately, just delivered 'ready to go' (aside from needing to dry out) 😁
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Supersets this AM. Increasing my weights on most things now. 150 compound reps of legs, shoulders and chest (each), broken into 30 X 5. Again, most of the weights/reps are too heavy to do 30, so I'll either do 16/14 or 20/10 X 5 sets for each body part.

Finished the lift right before lunch and went into rowing intervals. Did an 8 X 500m rowing sprint workout, but did it as a rate ladder. Started at 20 SPM, adding one stroke per minute for each set until I finished at 27 SPM. Avg slightly over 2:00 pace for the set. Did another 1K at around 2:15 pace and then just a cooldown for 15 minutes on the LateralX.
  • MissAtomicBomb238
    MissAtomicBomb238 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cause accountability…

…45 min cycling, 1 mile (streak run), back/bi day
    …stretching cause old
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    9k coached row in bow of the double, with a 21 y/o (petite but mighty!) rowing stroke.

We had a mini-adventure. Though I steered wide of the bank on the corner where the fishing docks are, one guy had left two rods unattended with lines far, far out into the river. We can't see the lines from the water at all . . . so we caught both lines, dragged the rods (that were propped up on shore unattended) into the river, got ourselves well entangled. Various untangling and rod retrieval activities ensued. Coach came up in his launch to support if needed. Fortunately, everyone was reasonably good humored about it, and all ended well.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed an easy paced swim of 1800 yds last night. Lake was a bit cooler, but still very nice for swimming without the wetsuit. I"m going to be slow in the Oly distance swim on Sunday (1500yds) but my bike fitness is sound, so I'm not too nervoue about race day. It really helps having a 7:30/mile runner handling the run split to finish the relay.
    Planning an easy bike tonight.

• Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Options
    Cause accountability…

…45 min cycling, 1 mile (streak run), back/bi day
    …stretching cause old

@MissAtomicBomb238 🤣🤣🤣 stretching because it helps muscles recover right?? 🤣🤣 age is just a number. Also coming from someone who stretches everyday now (for the last 3 months that is 😁😁)
  • bojaantje3822
    Options
    We did a "sprint" of 20 wall balls and 6 heavy snatches, 3 min rest, 20 wall balls, 6 heavy snatches, 3 min rest, 20 wall balls, 6 heavy snatches.

The rx version was 6kg wb and 55kg bb for women and 9kg wb and 70kg bb for men. I did a 4kg wb and a 37,5kg bb (at 83%) and it was plenty heavy. I rarely snatch at this weight since it's so inconvenient when you build up and our current program put us at 75% max iirc so far. I was hurt and taking it easy when we last did anything at this kind of weight. But since I did 3x6 in less than a minute per set, I think maybe I'll be okay once we get there in oly class as well.

I did it in exactly 13 minutes, meaning 7 minutes of work. Most people were in the 4-5 min range but I don't really care. I needed to do the wall balls slowly and consistently (it was a sprint so we weren't allowed to drop them before finishing the set) so I had some strength left for the snatches. Only 2 or 3 of all the snatches felt okay, the rest felt like I was barely getting them above eye level but by some miracle I got them up every time anyway. I also only did 2 no reps (that I counted as reps anyway), in which I stretched my elbows late but both times happened when I was trying to do a double. I learnt my lesson then.

Because the snatches were heavy, this extremely short workout was preceded by a bunch of strength building up to the weight you were gonna use so on top of the regular workout, there was a buildup like in oly class, except I never remark on it. I typically assume people will know I don't jump from the empty (15kg) bar warmup to a 30+kg workout but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

For accessories we did some flyes (with the little 2,5kg plates in our hands, very cute), push ups and planks. I learnt that planks on your hands are like 3x easier than planks on your elbows.

Now my nose is twitchy like I have to sneeze, which it sometimes does to tell me my head is gonna hurt, which in this instance means I'm very hungry. Body cues are weird.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    As expected, no time for exercise today after having drinks and dinner with a friend. But I did get 12000 steps in (commute, walking to the city center to meet my friend...) and managed to stay within my calories despite a restaurant visit.