What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• poharry34
    poharry34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mix things up as well. Today was a cardio day. I was on day 1 of week 2 of Couch Potato to 5K. It has not been bad early on. I did things similar prior to following this program.

I do a chest/back day. It will consist of incline dumbell presses/pullup. I alternate between the two with no rest until I complete 3 sets of each. I then go to a chest press machine and hammer grip row machine. Again, I alternate and do 3 sets with no rest until complete. Next, I do dumbell presses and alternate with pushups - 3 sets. I then go to a seated row machine and alternate with seated chest press, 3 sets. I then do back ext coupled with chest fly, 3 sets. I end the workout with 1 minute on row machine coupled with 20 pushups. I do this this 4x thru.

Arm days I alternate between bicep and tricep exercises, 3 sets with no rest until complete.

then back to cardio days which currently involve the Couch 2 5K program. I am feeling better than I have in awhile. I am 59.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
    Options
    Saturday without a hour+ commute meant I could double up my workout, so not only did 5k on the elliptical but also did an hour-long full-body lifting session. It's rare for me to sweat much during a workout, but I was drenched that day!

Today was just lifting, Leg Day: squats, step-ups, leg press, glute press, calf raises. Doing 4x20 squats takes a different type of willpower from the traditional 4x10!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Just easy cardio the last two days. I've been really working at keeping it at 145 HR or lower (really trying to cap it at 140). Some of the posts on my "easy" days got me thinking I really should try to keep it in check more. Very, very hard to do on the rower. Much easier, for me, on the Assault Bike and my LateralX (it's an elliptical on steroids basically).

So, yesterday was just 7K on the rower -- managed to keep it all under 140 HR. Today was 4K on the rower and then 30 minutes on the LateralX after. All under 142 or so (all less than 75% max and most of it under 70% max). On the LateralX, I put it on max settings on both width and resistance and it's still hard to make it over 65% max. The rower makes it hard to stay under 70% max HR, much harder for me to keep in check. But since the rower is my first choice of cardio, I don't like to lose too much ground on pace by abandoning it too much.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    30 mins on spin bike followed by 40 minutes of lifting (full body workout)