What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,290 Member
    Options
    Ten plus mile hike on the Trail of Ten Falls. It was a quite rainy day, so there were a lot fewer people than my last two visits. There were lots more wildflowers though.

ndqnwi9g1s1t.jpg
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Leg day today, along with back because I neglected to do anything back related for the week and 4 sets of hanging leg raises because the gym got some new equipment and I wanted to try it out.

7 minute jog and some stretching to warm up
    4 sets dumbell lunge
    4 set seated leg curls
    3 sets cable row to give my legs a break before squats
    5 sets of smith machine back squats
    4 sets of the hanging leg raises
    4 sets of lat pulldowns
    7 minutes on the stair stepper.

And that was that. I've started going to the gym when it's busy every other evening to get my cardio in and generally keep weighted exercises and cardio seperate.
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

Chest, tricep and shoulder

5 sets cable crossover fly
    4 set cable rope tricep extensions
    3 set cable lateral raise
    4 set machine fly
    3 set assisted dip
    4 set shoulder press
    4 tired sets of bench press

Monday: Some curls at home but otherwise a rest day, my legs were still sore from Saturday.

Today: ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes. 30 minutes of jogging and the other 20 was intermittent uphill sprints. I still had some spring in my step at the end as well which is nice.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,153 Member
    Options
    Upper One

Bench Press 10x3x66% 1RM
    Cable Row 4x10
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 4x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10
  • nossmf
    Options
    Welcome to the thread, @drv123!

Question about the workouts you posted. In both situations you performed the large multi-joint compound exercise (squat, bench press) AFTER the single-joint isolation exercises. Conventional wisdom is to perform the heaviest, most technically-demanding exercises early, while your muscles are still fresh, unless you have a specific reason to change the order. Just wondering what your goal is, why you chose to do them in this order.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine, 10 min. Then a series of free weight exercises and squats, V-sits, stretching. Thirty min. tops in the gym and I'm soooo tired.

Last day of chemo pills for this cycle. (For those who aren't regulars on this thread, I don't have active cancer but am doing "clean up chemo" to catch any stray cells post-surgery. The side effects of the pills are supposed to be mild but my feet are catching the brunt of it with redness, black spots, blistering. Ugh.)
  • Quronos
    Quronos Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 1
    Options
    This morning I got up at 5:30 and completed a Gymshark training app workout called "Pull" It is a part of their Bodybuilding basics plan. Overall it went well and I trained to failure .

10 min elevated walk, Pull-ups, close grip lat pull downs, bent over dumb bell rows, barbell rows, spider curls and hammer curls.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,438 Member
    Options
    i4u9vextmzwg.jpeg
    Six more miles on the NuStep before bed.
    That’s a total of 89.15 for April.
    An average of 2.98 miles a day.
    I had set a goal to average 2.25 miles a day, so, by my very low standards, I knocked it out of the park.
    🏆
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower One

Rack Pull 4x10
    BB Hip Thrust 4x10
    One-Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    10 min walk; 10 min bike ride. Then at the gym:
    3x10 DL (w/ 25 lb freeweights)
    3x6 girl push-ups
    3x8 lat pulls
    3x12 (or 20) leg press
    12 reverse crunches
    3x10 pelvic thrusts
    . . . and probably some others that I've forgotten. My 15 year old and I are working with a trainer. Yay!
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    April in the books. Got a few miles logged…

z3j2eta8js36.jpeg

Kicked off May with the weekly hump day 10k. It’s actually 3rd 10k this week. 😂

ih40r3bato17.jpeg

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    Did not report Tuesday's 18.9 mile (30 km) bike ride, on a beautiful, sunny, 70-something F (21-ish C) Spring day. It was excellent.

No workout Wednesday. I didn't fit one in before my osteopath appointment, and I don't like to work out right away after - I want to give the body fixes a chance to settle in. :D

Today was a little yard work, then our first open rowing session of the season at my rowing club, and I was supervising. I did a little boat carrying, but nothing grand.

It was already past 8PM when I got home, and somehow I hadn't even eaten lunch (partly because of a mysterious power outage) let alone dinner. Decided to shoehorn in a short stationary bike ride, 10k + 3' cool-down, but push the pace slightly harder than the Z2 I've been doing. Ended up with 19% Z4, 53% Z3, remainder below.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Full Body

Squat 5x10
    Bench 4x10
    BB Row 4x10
    Seated BB OHP 3x10 <<superset>> BB Curl 3x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    30 min walk in the park. Found an exercise ball at home in a closet, took it out and used it for abdominal crunches, and some body weight strength exercises. :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited May 3
    Options
    I haven't logged for a while.

I went scuba diving over the weekend. Saturday was a highlight; we got a shed load of scallops in. We intended to barbecue them, but it was raining so we pan fried them. The wreck on Sunday only had one metre's visibility.

I went climbing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 4 consecutive days' climbing may not be the greatest plan; I was broken today. (I went flat out in every session; the average length was 3 hours.)

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,290 Member
    Options
    Two hikes in three days.

Yesterday I spooked a few Turkey Vultures and then came upon a fairly clean but fresh deer carcass. That's when I started seeing cat tracks. Kind of sketched me out. I kept my head on a swivel until I got back to the main path. I'm sure the cat was right by the trail watching me. The tracks were very fresh. I'm sure I've been stalked before. Odds are if you've been in the forest at least four times, a cougar was stalking you at least once. Fortunately we're not on the menu, but I still don't want to get jumped.

• DiscusTank5
    Options
    17 min. bike ride in my neighborhood and a 10 min. walk with the dog in the AM. But THEN . . .
    Hubs and I drove to Tulsa for a Cheap Trick / Heart concert and got there 2 hours early for free parking. In between walking from the car to a restaurant, then to the BOK Center, then back to the car because they don't allow purses, then the BOK again for the concert and finally back to the car: around 23 min though it could well have been more. What a fun night! I paid for it with a few blisters, but worth it.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of days off exercise, as I picked up a cold.

I went climbing today in a 3.5 hour session. It was good fun, I was in form.

I tried loads of dynos, and actually got all but one one them. Jumping is fun. I am terrible at it, but I seem to be quite good at committing to it.
  • Shiza3986
    Shiza3986 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Morning - 45 min on recumbant bike
    Evening - 30 min stretching/yoga
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had a couple of days off exercise, as I picked up a cold.

I went climbing today in a 3.5 hour session. It was good fun, I was in form.

I tried loads of dynos, and actually got all but one one them. Jumping is fun. I am terrible at it, but I seem to be quite good at committing to it.

I love that part so much, @drmwc. :)