Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2022
    My name is Sarah-Joy, I'm 31 and now weigh over 200lbs! Not sure how positive I am feeling today - but I really want to get on track. I am now at my heaviest weight again. And feeling it too. I can't stay like this as my mental health really suffers. It's time to find a way back towards positivity. Any support or help would be amazing. Thanks all
  • DadVof3
    DadVof3 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone--my name if Felix, and I've been a sometimes member here since last fall. I did WW last year and lost ~45#, but I just did not find the program sustainable, and ended up gaining about 15# back over the winter. I'm doing Noom now as well, but frankly not feeling it (no loss in 6 weeks). I'm hoping to get back to MFP and see if I can build a small community of friends to help me stay accountable (which is what I did like about WW).
  • Sherwanis
    Sherwanis Posts: 1 Member
    Anyone ever had an ACL surgery? I just had it yesterday and joining the community to talk about care plan, using collagen and/or other supplements and getting back on my feet as quick as possible!
    Also while I'm recovering and having lots of time on my hands, I love having deep and meaningful conversations.
    Literally any topics that make you consider the bigger picture of life work for me, including but not limited to: Spirituality, meditation, mentoring young people, charity projects, tech for good, coaching and NLP and general positive thinking/personal development concepts.
    Hit me up!
  • Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Mikeruns2021donotaddme Posts: 135 Member
    I’m on here looking for 5-10 consistent members to have as friends who are motivated and active. Not liking for a large group of people. Just consistent, hard working people looking to take on challenging one day at a time. I’m a semi serious runner looking to run a 2:25 marathon. Looking to get stronger and be stronger then excuses I’ve used in the past.

*sorry about my username, I can’t change it.
  • Mikeruns2021donotaddme
    Mikeruns2021donotaddme Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2022

👍🏻
  • ddghike
    ddghike Posts: 3 Member
    I am new here 1 week. I had an appendectomy about a week ago and so this initiated my motivation to change. I was having problems getting admitted to the community, but now it works. Doing well so far.
  • HeresDan
    HeresDan Posts: 7 Member
    hey everyone, hope you are all having a great day. lets all hit our goals, help those who need that little motivation and remember there is a reason we are here but most importantly HAVE FUN doing what we do. lets all help eachother hit our goals. ADD ME
  • rozz896
    rozz896 Posts: 1 Member
    In my 30 day trial. Trying to see if paying for the ap is worth it. I have been feeling very depressed lately and falling back into negative thinking patterns. Time to turn to my confident self.
  • annieliz1965
    annieliz1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Just saying hi to you all. I'm a 57 year old woman, menopausal, or possibly now post-menopausal although the hot flushes continue to an extent. Absolutely no motivation to do anything about my expanding waist-line which I hate, so am hoping that this platform might help.
  • Rickimariefit
    Rickimariefit Posts: 64 Member
    Crazy! I was on here about three years ago on my weigh loss journey. I’ve come back to track macros for bodybuilding. 🤟 Add me 😀
  • bunniibb
    bunniibb Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2022
    Need all the motivation & inspiration✨️
    I just joined about a week ago.. add me!! Let's be friends 🤗
  • Rickimariefit
    Crazy! I was on here about three years ago on my weigh loss journey. I’ve come back to track macros for bodybuilding. 🤟 Add me 😀
  • vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello all! I am Vickie, I live with my husband Charlie and our German Shepard Sasha in Northern Virginia, outside of DC. I has RNY Gastric Bypass on 6/29/22 and at the time I started prepping for the surgery I weighed 326 lbs. Since then I have lost 55 lbs, and have begun to experience the benefits of weighing less, like being able to walk, sleeping better, more energy, etc. This is a hard way to lose weight, there is a lot of change, and many restrictions. But I needed all of those things to change bad habits I've had since to 90's. I hope to learn from all of you!
  • kanw0980
    kanw0980 Posts: 8 Member
    Yay, I am learning more about this app! Love MFP, it has helped with understanding how to balance out my meals. That has made a huge impact.
  • fmrweld
    fmrweld Posts: 1 Member
    Same here. Trying to figure this out, have to go low carb according to my doc.
  • Ellebronwyn1
    Ellebronwyn1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello Vickie,

I am a fellow bariatric surgery patient as well (VSG 2019), and my nutritionist from my bariatric program suggested this app. I have used it on and off, but after falling off the wagon a bit and skipping vitamins, water, etc. (do not do this, do better then I did lol), I have decided to commit myself to getting back to basics and logging everything I eat and each time I walk or go to the gym, etc. Good luck to you!
  • Rickimariefit
    Hey y’all! Keep crushing them goals!
  • pattyroski94
    pattyroski94 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello, my name is Patty and I've been using MFP for a month. :) If anyone is interested in being friends I would appreciate it 😊
  • 9dpvm6qh5g
    9dpvm6qh5g Posts: 1 Member
    Also new and just started today…so motivation is really high 💪
  • So it looks like I managed to post an intro post somewhere else 😂. Not sure what I did. With that said, I'm new here! I am looking to lose 34 pounds and to tone up. It looks like I need to keep my calories at 1328 a day, which means I'll need to track! Feel free to add me, as I love chatting about how things are going! Let's help one another out to be the best versions of ourselves!