What irks you today?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    My lifts were way too easy today and I’m worried that I was using a 35 pound bar on accident. I need to start carrying a tape measure with me

Did you add more reps or other intensity techniques if it was feeling too easy?
    I put more plates on 😂

Ok… then no need to worry. You remedied the issue. I really like pause reps on the bottom of a lift of I find the weight too easy for that set. And I’ll turn a set into a cluster set if the weights gets to be too much for me. Now I’m feigning to get in the gym today.
    I did pauses too! I used to hate them but I feel like I’m less fearful now.

Haha yeah pause reps can get you into trouble if you linger too long or don’t have a spotter.
    *kitten* it. If I die, I die
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member
    My lifts were way too easy today and I’m worried that I was using a 35 pound bar on accident. I need to start carrying a tape measure with me

I put more plates on 😂

Ok… then no need to worry. You remedied the issue. I really like pause reps on the bottom of a lift of I find the weight too easy for that set. And I’ll turn a set into a cluster set if the weights gets to be too much for me. Now I’m feigning to get in the gym today.

Haha yeah pause reps can get you into trouble if you linger too long or don’t have a spotter.

😅 that’s a tad extreme over a set

• TwitchyMagee

I put more plates on 😂

Joking. I’m not one of those people in danger of going too hard
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member

I put more plates on 😂

😑 I knew that silly 😋

• TwitchyMagee

I put more plates on 😂

😑 I knew that silly 😋
    I know you know but the Internet is forever and I don’t want to encourage dangerous things

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    MS Teams, spreadsheets and people who ask for stuff without knowing what they want.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, it seems to be like a pretty good cold but not much in the respiratory dept. A fever, some chills and achy.....what really has me down is not being able to work. But it could be worse and i would not want to be a spoiled brat because some have had it real bad. I guess ill be chillin for a few days

Yep, take care of yourself and be patient. Get well soon!
  • ReenieHJ
    How on earth can anyone in this state afford to pay 2.5 million for a house? They can't. So maybe we'll get a celebrity living 15 minutes away. Or a drug lord. Or who knows.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    How on earth can anyone in this state afford to pay 2.5 million for a house? They can't. So maybe we'll get a celebrity living 15 minutes away. Or a drug lord. Or who knows.

Not sure where you live but 2.5 doesn't get you a lot here. While the market has kind of righted itself it's still ridiculously stupidly expensive to live here. But here it's all location based
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Food sensitivities
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 433 Member
    Went to a concert back in 2019.
    And I was drinking beer so I had to pee alot. The lady seated next to me got annoyed and huffed and puffed at me... I still regret not saying anything to her.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Not sure where you live but 2.5 doesn't get you a lot here. While the market has kind of righted itself it's still ridiculously stupidly expensive to live here. But here it's all location based

Really? Yikes. :( They said estimated monthly payments would be 15K.

I live in Vermont, a lot of rural areas, lower income, unless you're looking at places like Stowe/Burlington areas. House across the street is now on the market, guy bought it for 175K a few years ago and wants 285K for it now. It's unreal. :(
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    MS Teams, spreadsheets and people who ask for stuff without knowing what they want.

I hate MS Teams 😑
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    Food sensitivities
    Agree
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    The city deciding to do road construction today, narrowing a five-lane interstate to two lanes. Not done at night; not done on a weekend, holiday, or even during the mid-day traffic lull. Nope, work starting just as the morning rush-hour commute kicks off, causing my one-hour commute to transform into two hours of sitting still, creeping forward one car length at a time as people try to merge.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    How expensive rental cars are
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Winter weather 🥶
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    I'm glad to hear you're ok! And frankly amazed somebody's car could still actually drive after being involved in a hit severe enough to flip a vehicle...
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited August 2022
    When the seam of my sock twists under my toes