JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Hi JFT friends! Hope you are all doing well. It's a beautiful day in Green Bay today. Sunny, 76 degrees, with a breeze and bright blue skies. 🌼😎☕

@azulvioleta6 Tickets to Europe! How exciting! I can only dream of a trip like that. Good for you!

@pridesabtch I'm so sorry to hear about Boomer! (((HUGS))) my friend! ALSO, I wanted to say how beautiful you are! What a great picture, and good for you being down to one chin (LOL)! I look forward to the day I only have TWO of them! Your mom's new dog looks like such a cutie pie! How nice of you to do that for your mom. 💖

@cschmitz110515 I saw that you and your husband roast Brussel Sprouts. Can I ask what temp you set the oven to and about how long you cook them? Do you cut them in half first? Your walks sound so nice! You see so much wildlife where you live...I don't see much of that here except the occasional squirrel or rabbit. Saw a couple owls last year and that was pretty cool!

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry to hear you've got Covid! The fatigue is horrible. (((HUGS))) 💞 I LOVE YOUR CHINA CABINET! So pretty! I wish we had room for one, but our house does not have a lot of wall space.

@Bex953172 How are your shin splints? Are you still having pain from them? I felt them for the first time a few months ago and those suckers hurt like a B!tch! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling stressed. When does school start back up? Kids love summer break, but I always counted the days until school was back in session as a mother! I agree wholeheartedly with @Snowflake1968. Kids need to see the reality or consequences of their actions sometimes and I think you did the right thing by explaining to them that you are only one person and are human. I don't think it hurt them to see you cry at all! (((BEX))) 💗💕

@TerriRichardson112 Only 1.4 lbs gained on holiday? Whoop Whoop! That's awesome! I gained more than that last week and I didn't go anywhere (except for my kitchen apparently)! Kudos on the rattan chair! I love them and have always wanted one too. Good for you!

@emgracewrites The Panera salad sounded delicious! I may have to go to Panera and see if they have it here in Wisconsin. Yum. Salads never taste as good to me when I make them at home! Also, writing is really good for my mental health as well. I've even started recording Marco Polo videos to myself as a form of journaling when I don't have time to write but need to get something out. It's all part of our wellbeing!

Just for Today
    • Drink 64 oz water [FOCUS POINT THIS MONTH]
    • Use smaller plate for meals. Place fork down between bites. Pay attention to "enough" vs "full" and stop eating at ENOUGH.
    • Create 24H Meal/Goal Plan
    • Assess yesterday's 24H Meal/Goal Plan
    • Habit Tracker
    • Close Activity Rings on watch
    • Grocery List and Woodman's
    • Marco Polo to my AG
    • 15 minutes sewing room declutter / 15 minutes digital declutter
    • Work on Aug Budget/Bills/Schedule
    • Do one thing on August "Joy" List
    • Evening Routine: Clean kitchen, set up coffeemaker, brush & floss teeth, remove makeup, readings, gratitude journal, iPad time, lights out on time. Set alarm for morning and NO HITTING SNOOZE!

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 8/11
    - eat at least 1500 calories
    - Yoga

Didn’t do either of these today. Worked 9.5 hours, feeling really drained. It’s 8pm and my calorie tracker says I still have a whopping 600 calories to eat. No way I’m eating that much right before bed. Too tired to cook, so I think I’ll have some yogurt and some toast and just call today a loss as far as making progress toward my weight gain goals.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2022

JFT for 8/11/2022 (today)
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 8/7)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/8)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 8/15✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    6) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.✔️
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16) ✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)✔️
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 8/10)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).✔️
    11) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 8/12/2022 (tomorrow)
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 8/7)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/8)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 8/15
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    6) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's peanuts today.
    7) No beef jerky today. (last 7/16)
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 7/11)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 8/10)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Park walk if not raining. Maybe elliptical?
    2. School; reply to student comments. Read AI novel during planning.
    3. Duolingo. Alphabetize and turn in student forms.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads. Check MFP long-term.
    5. Write S&F!! Begin proposal.
    6. Finish writing book list script. Shoot script.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS/JN/AR about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Saturday YMCA, writing workshop, (SHOWER!) library volunteering, massage, get new sneakers. Sunday museum with parents??

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 207.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. Friday. Auditioned for a play.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - August 11
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂
    10 mins of exercise -👿

JFT - August 12
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    10 mins of exercise
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 7:30 :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Log Food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Mini meals :neutral: Didn't get them all in yesterday
    - Work on audit stuff :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Work on Action Items from previous audit :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Leave work by 3:45 :smiley:
    - Doc appt at 4:20 :smiley:
    - Mom's :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Nap :(
    - Laundry :(
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed early :(

Work was crazy yesterday, but that's the norm lately. Doc/shrink appointment went well. No changes to meds. Then went to mom's, the new doggo was so happy to see me. She is a very happy pup which warms my heart. Then I went home and Sierra was in a talkative mood so we talked for about 2 hours. It was nice even though some of the topics were tough. I hate that she is struggling with depression and anxiety. I hate even more that she feels weak if she takes medication. She would never think that of others, but she thinks that for her. I understand that as I struggled with it for a long time. All I can do is encourage her to continue seeing her therapist when she returns to school. Meant we had a late dinner, which is probably why my weight was up a tick today. I didn't do great with the mini meals yesterday either. Plan is to eat 6 times a day, 5 mini meals and then dinner, all of which is lower carb.

Anyway, today I plan to eat a little more so that I have energy to ride tomorrow morning, the calorie restriction is wearing on me a bit. If it's not raining I will mow when I get home as hubby's arm is shot. Got the MRI results the other day and they used words like, multiple, massive and nonrepairable to describe his tear. Apparently 2 of the 4 shoulder muscles are completely detached with no material left to reattach them so they are going to do a complete reverse shoulder replacement. Basically they restructure the shoulder so that the bicep muscles do the work that the now useless shoulder muscles used to do. On the up side the recovery is actually faster for the replacement than it would have been for the repair. Mowing our lawn in a workout in itself, so I'll earn my extra calories tonight.

Looking forward to tomorrow's River Trails & Ales Festival. I'm riding sweep for the short route, 15 miles. Then I'll probably hang downtown a bit and have lunch before heading home to get ready to go to the Ales part of the festival in the afternoon/evening with hubby. Not sure how my calories will be, but I've steady lost for 11 of the last 12 days so I can take a little temporary bump up.

JFT Friday (TGIF!!!!)
    - Up at 6:00 :( Fell back to sleep up at 6:30
    - Weigh :smiley: Up a tick from yesterday
    - Work by 6:50 :smiley: Good thing I live close
    - Meeting at 7:00 :smiley:
    - More meetings and work stuff.
    - Drink more water than soda
    - Mini meals - all of them
    - Leave work a little early
    - Mow lawn
    - Healthy dinner
    - no alcohol
    - bed early

• more_freggies76
    edited August 2022
    JFT for 8/12/2022 (today)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/8)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).
    Hour commitment - Going to have my coffee about 20 minutes early since I have to take DH to get his tire fixed.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    @PackerFanInGB @pridesabtch Excellent recipe! https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/roasted-brussels-sprouts/ When I make, I cut in half (or quarters, depending on how large) so sprouts are about the same size.

Recap 8/11 R
    1) Walked dog 3.5 mi before work :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Two loads laundry washed & hanging on line before work :smiley: / take laundry off line after work & unmentionables out of dryer at lunch :)
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 17.8K 32 floors 14/14 boom!
    4) Box dinner at concert & log best guess / 1 beer / net calories zero / 96 oz. water :neutral: Not too horrible net cals -371, sodium RED ack, fiber & protein ok-ish, carbs a bit high, calcium low, 80 oz. water
    5) T31 audit / contact Carie for job description no time, rec'd testing docs earlier than expected / Facebook Live video / keep up w/ emails
    6) Concert 6:00 / any ta-da? TA-DA!
    7) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

JFT 8/12 TGIF ~ spontaneous rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) T31 audit / hope MG does not return GA-S folder to me before she leaves 10:30 for the day / update Project Status s/s / update & submit PRO, PAR, HW s/s's / emails
    4) Evening: BLTs for supper? stroll to park? hot air balloon lift-off & glow? anything else?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 7:00 alarm (farmers market in rain maybe?)

Woke to early alarm, felt sooo tired, reset alarm & no dog walk before work. Should be nice day & not too hot, maybe stroll with hubby & dog to park for 1+ mile in evening. If we don't attend the hot air balloon rally tonight... we've seen a few times, maybe not go this year?
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks & trees roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill and not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me)
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - after I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my milk and cocoa powder, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    edited August 2022
    @pridesabtch So sorry to hear about boomer. The first dog I ever had got throat cancer. The whole family were upset for ages. He was our first dog and I know for one I had begged for a dog for about 3 years before they finally got him when I was 7.

And also sorry to hear about your husband's shoulder! That sounds very very painful. Glad they can do some sort of fix on it. I hope he recovers well x

@snowflake1968 I love your cabinets!!! I want one haha.

@PackerFanInGB My shin splints took about 4 days to stop hurting! So they're fine now. But has put me off running a bit. Definitely need to ease into it again. I'm not 20 anymore 🤣 the kids go back on the 5th September, so I've got 3ish more weeks of entertaining them 🤣🤣

And thanks to everyone who supported me through the kid drama. Feel much better about it. I felt awful for crying but I suppose you're right that them seeing that will cause no harm.

Ash's parents have just had them for 4 days (Monday to Thursday) so we had a much needed break and had a lovely "date day" we haven't done that properly in.. well years!!!

Anyway I slacked on posting on them 4 days and then haven't got back on it, we've had a heatwave though again and not really felt like eating much, it's just too hot!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/12/2022 (yesterday)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/8)✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️Didn't eat today
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 8/10)✔️Didn't eat today
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle & cookies) (except as in #1).✔️
    JFT for 8/13/2022 (today)✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/8)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/13/2022 (today)✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/8)✔️Didn't eat today
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 7/13) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️Didn't eat today
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 8/10)✔️Didn't eat today
    JFT for 8/14/2022 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 8/7)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    My goal for 8/14 is to make a plan for healthy eating and stick to it. Just for today.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/14/2022 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 8/7)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until early dinner with DH and FIL. Can have a dessert if I want. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Park walk.
    2. School; journal. Read AI novel during planning.
    3. Duolingo. Write up proposal.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads. Check MFP long-term.
    5. Write S&F!!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Shoot script.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS/JN/AR about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Check with D about trunk or treat.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 207.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.