What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,820 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    My 15-year-old stole my avocados and made guacamole and when I asked him what he was going to eat it with he showed me the bag of tortilla chips that went missing this weekend
    I hope he shared with you 😋
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    My 15-year-old stole my avocados and made guacamole and when I asked him what he was going to eat it with he showed me the bag of tortilla chips that went missing this weekend
    I hope he shared with you 😋

Nope. He took it to his movie date with his aunt 😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Well, my oldest is driving on his own for the very first time right this minute.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    I went to Tim Horton’s and got a double double so y’all can be quiet about your nectar of the gods

But why Timmies????
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I went to Tim Horton’s and got a double double so y’all can be quiet about your nectar of the gods

But why Timmies????

Did you hear my choices? It’s not good😂
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    I really wish I had cheeze its
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I can’t wait for bedtime
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

But why Timmies????

I mean Timmies is fine cause it's cheap....but it is cheap.
    We had friends who were into all organic, healthy stuff once tell us they loved coming to Canada and getting chocolate timbits because they taste like real chocolate donuts should taste. We almost laughed. I mean they're tasty but get a donut at a bakery and it's way better
  • Alinouveau2
    edited August 2022
    Options
    How creepy it is that that windows help guy was asking for me name and phone number
    Btw not a scam thing I initiated it cause my surface is flickering
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited August 2022
    Options

But why Timmies????

We had friends who were into all organic, healthy stuff once tell us they loved coming to Canada and getting chocolate timbits because they taste like real chocolate donuts should taste. We almost laughed. I mean they're tasty but get a donut at a bakery and it's way better

Oh i don’t think I’ve ever had their pastries. Just by sheer coincidence, not for snobbery or anything. We don’t have a lot of choices where I live. In fact I live in a bona fide food desert and have to travel to another town just to go grocery shopping (eta: and I feel fortunate that I have the resources to do that)
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

But why Timmies????

Oh i don’t think I’ve ever had their pastries. Just by sheer coincidence, not for snobbery or anything. We don’t have a lot of choices where I live. In fact I live in a bona fide food desert and have to travel to another town just to go grocery shopping (eta: and I feel fortunate that I have the resources to do that)

Annoying city person here with at least 5 grocery stores within walking distance (discount, normal, organic, super high end Kobe beef and truffles, and the nice butcher one) I often marvel as I drive through rural communities where do they get their groceries??? Btw that's not counting the green grocers which always make me happy to stop at
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that I will live my entire life and never try Tim Horton’s.
    I’ve never been to Starbucks and there’s one blocks from my house.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Starbucks is overrated although their specialty drinks can be fun.
    Timmies is like Dunkin donuts I think. Cheap and easy and you know it will be fine
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

But why Timmies????

Annoying city person here with at least 5 grocery stores within walking distance (discount, normal, organic, super high end Kobe beef and truffles, and the nice butcher one) I often marvel as I drive through rural communities where do they get their groceries??? Btw that's not counting the green grocers which always make me happy to stop at

It’s not a uniquely rural thing. Food deserts exist even in parts of the city of I grew up in. Where I live now, if you don’t drive your options are extremely limited, both for employment and for sustenance.

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

It’s convenient and doesn’t taste terrible unless you’re a connoisseur
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

But why Timmies????

It’s not a uniquely rural thing. Food deserts exist even in parts of the city of I grew up in. Where I live now, if you don’t drive your options are extremely limited, both for employment and for sustenance.

I grew up in the country. I couldn't wait to leave the country. However, recently the little town where I grew up has exploded with growth and there's even now a liquor store!!! Across from the Temperanceville church 😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

But why Timmies????

I grew up in the country. I couldn't wait to leave the country. However, recently the little town
    where I grew up has exploded with growth and
    there's even now a liquor store!!! Across from the
    Temperanceville church 😂
    I don’t want be one of those people that mixes this up but I’m pretty sure that’s irony 😂

• Alinouveau2
    Options

But why Timmies????

I grew up in the country. I couldn't wait to leave the country. However, recently the little town
    where I grew up has exploded with growth and
    there's even now a liquor store!!! Across from the
    Temperanceville church 😂
    I don’t want be one of those people that mixes this up but I’m pretty sure that’s irony 😂

Yup!
    I was once browsing the liquor store and someone asked if I needed help. I said I'm just shocked to be in this store here...then we proceeded to talk about the old time locals and where their farms were. 😂🤣
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,560 Member
    Options

Starbucks is overrated although their specialty drinks can be fun.
    Timmies is like Dunkin donuts I think. Cheap and easy and you know it will be fine

It’s convenient and doesn’t taste terrible unless you’re a connoisseur

There’s a new place I’ve seen here in town that in 105, the cars are lined up double lanes around the bldg with employees taking orders outside in line.
    I couldn’t believe how many people.
    It’s been that way since they opened about 2mos ago.
    Dutch….something

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    75s7k14bu2so.jpeg
    @kinetixtrainer2 it wasn’t me. For real