What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    A cold dinner designed to use up leftovers. We had some leftover roast pork loin and corned beef which was sliced thin and served cold with some cheese. Starch and veg were tomato and pea bruschetta.
    68wonzsufnoy.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited August 2022
    Lemon-tahini coucous with turkey and vegetables topped with sliced almonds, lemon zest and feta. This was a modification of a chicken recipe from eatingwell.com. I used some already cooked ground turkey from the freezer. The recipe put all ingredients together but I preferred the meat, coucous and vegetables separated bowl style. Vegetables were mushrooms, cabbage/carrot mix and baby spinach.

Replacing the turkey with garbanzo beans would make a pretty decent vegetarian meal.

k78vfm835ad9.jpeg
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I'm in love with my cast iron skillet! Tonight I made chicken with just-picked beans, onions and cherry tomatoes from my garden along with mushrooms. So good! And yes, I devoured the whole thing.

kl6ozhpcaind.jpg
  • acpgee
    Copycat KFC drumsticks from the Chicago Tribune recipe, kohlrabi slaw with ranch, sauteed spinach, baked potato.
    sfw07w56jquv.jpeg

• Bcohen1983
    Bcohen1983 Posts: 5 Member
    Didn't realize until I sat down to eat that my lunch today was "salad with a side of salad". :)

White beans, orange bell pepper, cherry hot pepper, cucumber, yellow string beans, kimchi, sunflower seeds, sesame oil, and fresh lemon juice, with a side of seaweed salad.

gr2hxzkiksda.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Two slices of sourdough rye bread topped with a lemony basil ricotta, petit pois, runner beans and asparagus. Splodge of the ricotta on top with a sprinkling of garlic and parsley pangrattato. With a big salad.

83inn3a468qj.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Second attempt at mince fish stuffed Chinese aubergines and green peppers with black bean sauce. When we were visiting our hometown in Amsterdam we ate it at the restaurant I used to order takeaway from, and decided I need to learn to make this at home, as I don't see it on any menu's in London near me and crave it often. Cooking time for this meal is an hour, but hope to shorten that with practice and figuring out some shortcuts. It's a restaurant dish that is more elaborate than the Chinese home style recipes I normally do.
    1bwuulixru1i.jpeg

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,659 Member
    edited August 2022
    Casual Friday night dinner: Bacon, Lettuce on an Everything Bagel with a side of strawberries from my garden
    xywt1w7nyq1b.jpg
  • cmsienk
    Saturday brunch:
    2 basted eggs, multigrain toast and 1/2 a fresh peach
    nf4p7lku0fn1.jpg
  • acpgee
    @MelodiousMermaid
    Your sorbet looks lovely. I do not have an ice cream maker and when my fruit sorbets freeze too hard my rescue is to cut into cubes, run through the food processor with a raw egg white, then re-freeze. This seems to aerate the mixture enough to loosen the texture.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    29vtqwfpsy97.jpg
    u5l0mv05h7yb.jpg
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    Sunday dinner: Blackened Mahi-mahi, Spanish rice and baby peas
    z3xsv7zo7ij7.jpg