Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay . So much going on in your world, I really appreciate you keeping us going.

I am Dawn. I live in Cranbrook BC.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018 as a daily drinker.
    I have found a sweet spot for myself, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 18 for August.
    I will be in Mexico for a good chunk of September and will definitely be having some Margaritas and possibly Cervezas.

I post in the mornings to MFP, so the next day for this thread.
    Diary style.

Thursday Sept 01 - AF - May have drinks Friday night after my split shift, and or Saturday.
    Friday Sept 02 - Drinks. Long workday, but busy and good. Very smoky here. Planned drinks Saturday as well (today). There are bands playing at the park that I can hear from my porch, I go back and forth. Got some black tulip bulbs today!! I will plant them when the bands are on breaks. Thinking of Singapore Slings today.

Rolling total: 1AF day out of 2 days.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103 ...So MUCH cute in one spot !!

Day Three of Wine vs Water [bloop bloop] 🐠 🐟 🦀
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sept accountability: 1 days AF
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

9/1 - 2 wine; did not join DH when after the wine he poured bourbon & coke so I call this a WIN sticking to 2
    9/2 - 2 wine
    9/3 - AF ; DH had wine. I passed since I know that tomorrow night I plan to indulge. LSU football game & my sister’s 60th birthday. We are having a tailgate style party at my house with beer, orange cosmos, whisky slush, sodas, tea, etc AND lots of food!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    @lmlmrn

Ann Wilson from Heart is playing at your fair with Night Ranger!
    I think that those sisters are from Seattle, but we have always claimed them as Canadian lol.

Blake Shelton, Nelly, and...the Beach Boys? I didn't realize that the Beach Boys were still around!
    So fun!!
    Wave that stick : - )

LOL claim away, there have been so many great artist that have come from the Seattle area. They have a theory that because Seattle/and surrounding cities (there is more to WA than Seattle lol) we are sorta isolated from the rest of the US by the Cascades. Kinda a lone outpost and folks have nothing better to do than play instruments including their voices.........or so the legends are told
    Jimi Hendrix
    Pearl Jam
    Kurt Cobain
    Heart (Ann & Nancy)
    Foo Fighters
    Judy Colins (there is a blast from the past)
    Kenny G

To be fair, the Cascades are a pretty big barrier!

• Womona
    Options
    @Breathe57103 OMG what beautiful grandchildren. So freaking cute. I love the stuffies made of the shirts! What a great idea, and very meaningful.
  • Womona
    Options
    @lmlmrn YAY! You’ve won your killjoy supervisor over! You go girl! Long days ahead for you, but it really sounds like lots of fun.

@Stockholm_Andy so great to see you back here! Perfect timing I guess too, So you could share insights about dealing with such a traumatic loss. I’m so sorry you (and @Breathe57103 ) had to go through this.

@tmbg1 wow, very impressive! I’ve not done a great job with racking up AF days. You are motivating me!

Beautiful day to sail today, only had one drink on the boat instead of my usual two. Micro-sipping my wine tonight. Progress!

I had three drinks on Thursday night. We went to the Pitt-West Virginia game. It was a nail biter, for sure, but Pitt won! We ran into our son at the stadium (sadly he was putting in a claim for his missing phone), and went to lunch with him and his new girlfriend the next day. First time meeting her, and she is so sweet! Very nice girl, and I am Very happy for him. (Let’s be honest, I’m so happy he isn’t dating a psychobitch with daddy issues!).
  • Womona
    edited September 2022
    Options
    pezhed wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone 😊 I drank on Thursday but not yesterday, even though my husband was drinking, so I will take that as a win. My goal is half of the month AF so I’m off to a good start. It’s our 6th wedding anniversary today so I will probably have a couple beers. However it isn’t feeling very festive because we still have covid and our kids and sick and crabby. Since we’ve been isolating all week my 3 year old has ODed on TV and it’s turned him into a bit of a monster, so we need to get out of the house after his little brother’s nap. Hoping we can do a little hike somewhere not crowded! Happy weekend, all!

Happy anniversary!!!!! Goes by fast, doesn’t it! I remember the days of when my kids would get too much TV because someone was sick….. ugh, they are like destructive teething puppies, gotta get them running around in fresh air and sunshine or they drive a mom crazy! Hope you’re all feeling better.

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hey@Womona, thanks for your feedback, I did it...I signed up for the yoga classes and they start Monday. I appreciate the push. Sincere thanks!

It is strange, yet very normal, how people get stuck in an indecision rut (ME all the time), they know what they want and need and what is good for them, yet they don't do it. Thank you, @Womona sometimes all we need is a push.

Keep pushing.....don't let excuses and stalling get in the way of your progress and happiness.
  • Womona
    Options
    Hey@Womona, thanks for your feedback, I did it...I signed up for the yoga classes and they start Monday. I appreciate the push. Sincere thanks!

It is strange, yet very normal, how people get stuck in an indecision rut (ME all the time), they know what they want and need and what is good for them, yet they don't do it. Thank you, @Womona sometimes all we need is a push.

Keep pushing.....don't let excuses and stalling get in the way of your progress and happiness.

Awww, I’m touched. You’re so sweet. I’m very excited for you! Let us know how yoga class goes!
  • Womona
    Options
    @Breathe57103 AF at a wedding????? Wow, that is very impressive, especially with all the emotions you must have had going on. Love the grand baby pix.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 and @Womona thanks for shoutouts, it feels great to get such a warm welcome back from everyone :)

@dawnbgethealthy when you say smoky do you mean from forest fires? That's quite scary. How close do they get to town?
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103 - Wonderful picture of the grandbabies with you! So many smiles.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103 Adorable! Gorgeous photos, gorgeous children. Ditto to everything @Lilylady3k said about your creativity. Way to spread the love.

@dawnbgethealthy If it is not too nosy to ask, please do share where & how you will be spending time in Mexico this month. Exciting!