Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I followed through with my planned AF day yesterday. I think I'll be able to manage more weekdays off when the kids are back in daycare. Last night was actually no problem since I made an elaborate dinner that wasn't even ready until my youngest's bath time. We are going to a brewery tonight. I am still testing positive for covid on Day 12 but we'll spend our time outside and wear a mask when we order. I think that's reasonable. Not going to eat or drink inside anywhere until I test negative. I'm pretty surprised I'm still positive since my very mild symptoms resolved about a week ago.

Running total of AF days (goal 15/30): 3/8
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sept accountability: 3 days AF 🦂
    Alcohol: 6 days (14 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

9/5 - 3 wine ; my sister came over for her real birthday
    9/6 - AF; 1 Clausthaler Original Non-Alcoholic beer
    9/7 - 2 wine
    9/8 - AF; DH had wine. I passed
    9/9 - 2 wine planned with dinner & Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power. DH & I got our Pfizer Bivalent Booster Covid19 Vaccine and Flu Shot Friday before lunch. Other than tired and early to bed 8:30pm neither of us had any problems … not even a sore arm.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103 OMG I never even thought of that! That’s very powerful, and sobering(no pun intended). Well, hopefully you’ll get so much from the grandkids that you’ll be on touch overload and be able to think “ok that’s enough. Get off Grandma!”

@sarah7591 I can relate to your post so much. Not having a drink seems like such a small thing, but boy oh boy, when you really want one and say no anyway??? That’s a victory of Olympic proportions!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I love this group ❤️
    I have greatly reduced my drinking since June and had a great month in August with 26 out of 31 AF days. This month I am trying to be mindful and make self care a priority.

9/1-9/7: 7 out of 7 AF
    9/8: AF
    Moving my parents. Stress. No self care done since August. Hoping for yoga tomorrow.
    9/9: AF Yesterday was tough. Not only moving my parents but also at the end there were tears from leaving the house they had called home for 32 years. And of course I had to say goodbye to my oasis, the pool. They need to downsize and they know it it’s just bittersweet.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Breathe57103 Your resilience is awe inspiring. Go easy on yourself with the Diet Coke, you’re only human. You’re making great progress.