Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #9

Options

Replies

• APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Man. I agree with everyone here! I have been wavering the last two weeks,a speed bump like several people have remarked. I'm sitting at a wieght that I'm not happy with and I need to jump start my exercise program again!!!!
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump :tongue:
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Jenn - I emailed you on Monday CW 150 :wink:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    As my good friend Dory would say/sing "Just keep swimming Just keep swimming...." (LOVE ME SOME NEMO LOL). This past week has been a stressful one but it's over now and I am ready to kick some butt! I am so happy you are back Jenn :happy: I can't wait to see some new recipes and I hope I can find a good one to share as well Lol.

:drinker: Here is to a great week everyone!

I love DORY!!! I'm swimming! But this great site might make me later for a meeting!!! So I will catch up with you all later. I am still in the game and strong. I don't know what has gone off in my brain but I am going to ride the wave to thin town!!! I have some recipes LOVE that idea Jenn!

OK I really have to go - Make Good Choices :wink:
  • lauralu71
    Options
    Welcome back Jenn!

Angie - Thoughts and prayers are with you, your son, and your family. Hoping all of you are in good health soon!

I can honestly say I have been waivering back and forth with the same 5 lbs. I need to let it go for good! Too much of this up and down. No excuses - it's just so easy to fall into old habits. I haven't been able to exercise as I would have liked, but should be back on the road as of today (or tomorrow - today is work then class until 9:30).

Best wishes for a great week everyone!!

Laura
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Angie,

OMG, I missed your previous post. So sorry to hear your boy is seriously ill - all my prayers are with you at this hard time. I hope you are feeling better soon too.
  • Butterbuns30
    Butterbuns30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just bought a book tonight called "Cook This not That" I LOVE it...it gives you healthier recipies for some of your favorite dishes!! .ill work on posting some...

Would love it if u posted some...or u know xeroxed it n sent it to ur best friend. Either way. Just saying. :-P
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK! Hello Jenn and everyone! :smile:

First, COHAWK11 is totally right on when she said in one of the last week 5 posts, "...it's crucial to stay as positive as possible and to work hard at being kind to ourselves!" We do need to be kinder to ourselves ladies (and men) as we are working hard. What we're doing is not easy! It's a lot of work! One thing I'd like to challenge myself with (and please feel free to join me in this), is everyday, when you get up, look in that mirror and say at least one positive wonderful thing about yourself. I'm going to do this everyday, because lately, I've been doing that negativity thing, and it's just not working. So, I'm going to strive to find one great thing about myself everyday and carry it around with me. No excuses!

My scale moved UP to 0.8 lbs today, and yes, I was completely disappointed, because my muscles HURT! I was very grumbly when I saw that stupid number on the scale. :grumble: However, what I need to stop and realize is that my body is changing. I'm on Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred video, and today was easier. Yes, I'm still sore as heck, but I'm pushing through it and working harder than ever, so I'm not going to let that 0.8 get to me. I'm just going to keep pushing through and realize that I'm probably going to gain weight, now that I'm lifting weights, before I start losing again. That's how this works sometimes. We're going to have hills and valleys through this, but we have to remember, it's a journey and there's no turning back.

I'm praying for those out there that are sick, have sick kiddos (or other family members), or are just having a hard time with life right now. As Dori says, "Just keep swimming!" We're all pushing for you and sending our prayers. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep our head above water. I think we all have been there and know that feeling all too well, so hang in there and take care of yourself. You are loved. :heart:

Peace and Prayers :flowerforyou:
    ~ Christine
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK! Hello Jenn and everyone! :smile:

First, COHAWK11 is totally right on when she said in one of the last week 5 posts, "...it's crucial to stay as positive as possible and to work hard at being kind to ourselves!" We do need to be kinder to ourselves ladies (and men) as we are working hard. What we're doing is not easy! It's a lot of work! One thing I'd like to challenge myself with (and please feel free to join me in this), is everyday, when you get up, look in that mirror and say at least one positive wonderful thing about yourself. I'm going to do this everyday, because lately, I've been doing that negativity thing, and it's just not working. So, I'm going to strive to find one great thing about myself everyday and carry it around with me. No excuses!

My scale moved UP to 0.8 lbs today, and yes, I was completely disappointed, because my muscles HURT! I was very grumbly when I saw that stupid number on the scale. :grumble: However, what I need to stop and realize is that my body is changing. I'm on Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred video, and today was easier. Yes, I'm still sore as heck, but I'm pushing through it and working harder than ever, so I'm not going to let that 0.8 get to me. I'm just going to keep pushing through and realize that I'm probably going to gain weight, now that I'm lifting weights, before I start losing again. That's how this works sometimes. We're going to have hills and valleys through this, but we have to remember, it's a journey and there's no turning back.

I'm praying for those out there that are sick, have sick kiddos (or other family members), or are just having a hard time with life right now. As Dori says, "Just keep swimming!" We're all pushing for you and sending our prayers. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep our head above water. I think we all have been there and know that feeling all too well, so hang in there and take care of yourself. You are loved. :heart:

Peace and Prayers :flowerforyou:
    ~ Christine

Also, credit to Cateyes0831 for that Dori quote. I have been thinking it for weeks now, so it was great to see it! :smile:
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    This is one opf my favorite recipes in it's original form. I don't have the exact calorie count for each cookie, but you can tweak the recipe to make them lower calorie. I estimate that they are 135 calories per cookie made as is. When I put it in the recipe builder I changed the recipe a bit to make them gluten free for my husband and got a calorie count of 91 calories per cookie. Enjoy!

Chocolate turtle cookies

Ingredients

1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
    2/3 cup(s) sugar
    1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie margarine
    1/4 cup(s) fat-free cream cheese
    1 large egg white(s)
    2 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    24 piece(s) caramel candies
    24 piece(s) pecan halves

Instructions
    Combine flour and cocoa in a small bowl; set aside. Beat together sugar, margarine, cream cheese, egg white, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; add flour mixture and blend well. Chill dough at least 30 minutes, or until firm.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on baking sheets about 1 to 2 inches apart. Press a caramel into each cookie and flatten; top each caramel with a pecan half. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My life has it a speed bump. My bad chest cold that I have had for a week is pneumonia. That explains why I can't breathe. Unfortunately I discovered it after I passed it along to my 18 y/o mentally disabled son. He now is in the hospital's ICU with a ventilator because his oxygen levels are low. I can't be there with him because I am still sick so my husband has to stay while I am at home with our 16 month old. Doctor told me to rest. I don't think it possible to rest with a toddler. I hope I get over this soon. It is breaking my heart not to be with my son. I hope the rest of you are having a better week. Have a great night.

Sorry you and your son are poorly with Pneumonia, here's wishing you both a speedy recovery and lots of (HUGS):heart:
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen. Looks great.
    Angie I will be keeping you and your son in my prayers
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    angiemcnett - My thoughts are with you for a quick healing from your sickness and prayers are with your son for his health as well. I hope you have friends and family to help you out with your little one. Remember to focus on getting yourself better! Take care :flowerforyou:

Cateyes0831 - PERFECT QUOTE!!! :bigsmile:

gennybunny1 - That recipe sounds.......... DELICIOUS!!!! Thanks for kicking it off for us!!!

Cmuehe - Thank you for your awesome words, super motivating!!!
  • leslyta
    Options
    I'm actually down to 197.2 now woohoo!! hopefully i can get smaller faster!!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Wow 15 weeks left...physical challenge I can't do this week and not for a while, just had shoulder surgery last Monday and have another 2.5-3 weeks in a sling then 2 months of physical therapy, so any physical challenges I might not be able to do. And recipes I have none I wish I did though, but I have a houseful of plain picky eaters and I am the only one that wants to try different things. Though I do have one that I will dig out and post for tuna/macaroni salad. Well have a great week everyone!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My life has it a speed bump. My bad chest cold that I have had for a week is pneumonia. That explains why I can't breathe. Unfortunately I discovered it after I passed it along to my 18 y/o mentally disabled son. He now is in the hospital's ICU with a ventilator because his oxygen levels are low. I can't be there with him because I am still sick so my husband has to stay while I am at home with our 16 month old. Doctor told me to rest. I don't think it possible to rest with a toddler. I hope I get over this soon. It is breaking my heart not to be with my son. I hope the rest of you are having a better week. Have a great night.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! The hard part is you have to take care of you first the best you can so you can take care of your family. I understand how you feel I had something along the same lines happen to me last year when my Mom was in the hospital after having a horrorible stroke. I wanted to visit but couldn't for about 3 days! It broke my heart. I'm sure your son knows you would rather be with him. Oh man I'm welling up :cry: Stay positive you and you family are in my thoughts. I'm certain everything will be back to normal soon :flowerforyou:
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have struggled to find motivation recently as well. Had burned out of points for WW and now seem burned out for calorie count. Took a psychological profile for weight loss and result was that my personality type doesn't do well with structure. Then left wondering what the heck to do. So have decided to do what their advice was for a while. Keep healthy foods around. Lots of choices as I am very spontaneous. Don't strictly count, but eat healthy foods, wide variety of them. This past week I have adopted this and scale looks like it will be budging down again this week. No one in my family has difficulty eating healthy and in moderation...don't know why it is such a chore for me. But have passed on the 300 calorie dessert with lunch and have been bringing my lunch and refusing to stop by fast food on way home. Then can have a dessert with dinner or flavored latte if I have eaten reasonably. Tonight decided on the latte which I drank during Bible study, so I passed on the pumpkin pudding I was going to make. I just need to keep plowing along. To those of you whose motivation has wavered.....if I can keep up the fight, so can you!!!! For those who haven't.....yeah and keep it up. We are all here because we really do want the best for us...it is just hard at times to find that.
    PS...another great motivator is trying on clothes.....seriously made me not want to drive through for french fries after I tried buttoning some of the pairs of pants I was trying :)

You sound MOTIVATED! These are all great things you are doing - don't get discouraged. One day at a time.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    New meds make me feel like death.:sick: :yawn: :ohwell: :ohwell: :noway: :ohwell: :cry:
    I think I'm going to bed by 9:30 so that I can lay in bed for 8 hours (probably won't sleep since I never sleep... but hey -- at least I'll be trying, right?).
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Poor Mel, please take care of yourself.

Jenn, what are you doing with your plank challenge? 1 min and I think I am going to die. Lol. 25 min you want them done by next month right? It may take me that long to get that done. Lol. I will keep trying though.

Ok I added another 30 seconds to the plank..