- up by 7:00 😀
    - Shower 😀
    - Weigh 😀
    - Drive😀
    - Tour😀
    - Drive😀
    - Chill maybe mow 🤦‍♀️

Happy Saturday!
    Got back kind of late to mow, but we all know I didn’t want to anyway.

College tour went really well. Even Tim was impressed with their fashion program. Let’s just say he is not thrilled with her choice of career paths. But I think if she really loves it, she will succeed. They have a great requirement where they must study abroad w with opportunities in Italy and New York. Other places two, but these are the most popular.

Today is my moms birthday. So I’ll go do some birthday type things for her.

Otherwise feeling a bit under the weather, so no plans. V is actually sick, going to pick up a Covid test for her while I’m out. Sierra is at college and has Covid. What are the odds???

JFT
    - sleep in 😀
    - Weigh😀
    - Get ready😀
    - Walmart
    - Butchers Farm
    - Mom’s
    - Mini meals
    - log food
    - Blah blah blah
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Hour commitment - after my hot cocoa, I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    Just for today - took a break this weekend but will be back on track for tomorrow!
  • dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    @Bex953172 Thanks! It is a good daily reminder 🙂
    Today’s WHY- to shrink my “menopause apron”
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited September 2022
    JFT Monday
    1. Park walk.
    2. School; journal. Take notes on play.
    3. Duolingo. Review research article. Outline blog post.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F and Clois!!
    6. Prioritize scripts in list. Gift card to Soho; library. Take postcards.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Library, PC2V. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Print voter registration sign for Oct. Check with D about trunk or treat and about signups for farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat 6 Sept 17. Draft inspogram script 2. CTC Tu Sep 20 7P. R Lib Sat Sep 24 PC2V. Sat take Starbucks card on walk; LIBRARY. rethink_learning and T2Tchat revision. Usher 9/30 Fri solo and 10/13 Thu w Lee. Oct 13 pack for weekend trip to visit family!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 206.4

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Develop proposals for GCTE 2023. Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & fam: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Cadaver donation – waiting for official form and wallet card. Indochino Atlanta/Nashville. Dentist RS cleaning. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy Sep 21 3P. Obgyn Mar 16 1P.

WFTY: Focus. This has been an awful word for this year.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    edited September 2022
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳
    🐳🐬SEPTEMBER 2022🐬🐳
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳
    WEEK 3: 15 - 21 September

Focus for September:
    Eat under goal!

🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Active hours > 6
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    dvmmcw8273 wrote: »
    WHY- So my body will reflect my workouts 💪🤸🏻‍♀️
    😍 the positive slant you put on your Why?

My Why?
    To live a fit, healthy life.
    🦄 Terri
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi all, I am new to this thread:

For today: at least 2-3 servings of fruits and vegetables and half hour of cardio.
    Why? I will feel better and work better
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    @more_freggies76 - Oh, how I love France! Enjoy every minute!

@cschmitz110515 - Ah, the not-so-wonderful flipside of property appreciation :/ Glad it won't derail your retirement plans.

@pridesabtch - Sorry to heat your girls are sick. Hope they recover quickly. But I'm glad to hear the college visit went well. I loved visiting colleges with my kids. It was such a nice opportunity to focus on each one's individual interests and spend some quality time together during the frenetic activity of senior year. What aspect of fashion is your daughter interested in?

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Back to basics.

JFT Monday, 9/19
    Log
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    2 chores
    Grading and prep
  • BayBlue22
    JFT - 9/19/2022
    Weigh in.
    Step up my game at work
    Karate tonight
    Guitar practice
    Net under 1500.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,311 Member

JFT
    - sleep in 😀
    - Weigh😀
    - Get ready😀
    - Walmart :smiley:
    - Butchers Farm :smiley:
    - Mom’s :smiley:
    - Mini meals :neutral:
    - log food :smiley:
    - Blah blah blah :wink:

V's Covid test was negative, guess she's just normal sick. Did a few things for mom yesterday since it was her birthday, cleaned around the house a bit, but generally didn't do much of anything.

V is still not feeling well so she didn't go to school today. Not much I can do for her so I came in to work, but wishing I'd just worked from home. It isn't that I don't have things to do, but they are migrating the document system so my document work is on hold for now. Not 100% sure what I'm going to do today to be honest.

Weight was up a tick this morning, but I've mostly been holding steady for the last week and a half. Just minor fluctuations. I have been rather lax on my eating lately, deciding to go off plan last Thursday pretty much countered any loss I should have seen. That's ok, I'm still on the right path. I also plan to go off plan this weekend for a class reunion, but again it's a choice I made a while back and will not feel guilt over. The change isn't a lifestyle change if you can't still live life in a way that is fulfilling to you. And quite frankly, I need evenings where I can just be with friends and let loose a bit and not worry about how many carbs & calories I'm consuming. Realistically, I'm not going to eat 3500 extra calories in a day, so even though I may maintain rather than lose, I won't make an appreciable gain in a day and a half. Even after last Thursday, once the immediate bloat was gone I was still down a tad. What I really need to do is start working more activity into my days. Nothing hard core like in the past, but just more activity. The desk job is killing me. Time to get my *kitten* to the gym or at least start walking when it's nice outside instead of laying on the couch.

So for the reunion I bought multiple dresses, my favorite I bought from Thredup for $6.35 including shipping. I'm a little concerned it's too young for me. I returned a couple of dresses and I have one other that is a simple black dress I'm getting altered to it hits above the knee as it should (I'm short so it was too long, go figure. Which do you like better?

5p4ydjfndh7c.png
    xd0j7ds2lmo0.png

Now to goals...

JFT Monday
    - Up by 7:00 :neutral:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:10
    - Check in on MFP :smiley:
    - Work on what I can document wise
    - Check in with mom about her dr appt on Wednesday :smiley:
    - Mini meals
    - Log food
    - No alcohol
    - Grocery
    - Dinner
    - Rainy day no walk
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:30

Have a great Monday y'all!

• pridesabtch
    @more_freggies76 - Oh, how I love France! Enjoy every minute!

@cschmitz110515 - Ah, the not-so-wonderful flipside of property appreciation :/ Glad it won't derail your retirement plans.

@pridesabtch - Sorry to heat your girls are sick. Hope they recover quickly. But I'm glad to hear the college visit went well. I loved visiting colleges with my kids. It was such a nice opportunity to focus on each one's individual interests and spend some quality time together during the frenetic activity of senior year. What aspect of fashion is your daughter interested in?

V is looking to do sustainable design, using/reusing green materials to create an affordable product line.

She seems much more excited about this than she did about geneticist, though dad was really hoping for a STEM career. I just want her to be happy AND be able to someday buy a house and live comfortably.

At Kent State Fashion majors are required to have a minor, and they have a sustainability minor through the architecture college. Seems like a great fit!

Now hubby is planning a trip to NY so she can tour NYU & Marris hitting Thomas Jefferson in Philly along the way. I haven't told him yet, but I'm going to have him also take her to a Broadway show since they are there. He anxious enough about the trip right now without that. Looks like the 2 of them will go without me just because of timing and work. I'm a little bummed, but really want them to bond a bit.
  • BayBlue22
    @pridesabtch - both dresses would look great, but I prefer the 2nd one.
  • dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Today’s WHY? Feeling a little blue this morning but knowing a binge will not fix it.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    BayBlue22 wrote: »
    @pridesabtch - both dresses would look great, but I prefer the 2nd one.

I agree! Deffo the second!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    @pridesabtch I like both dresses, but #2 seems more fun.

Recap Sun. 9/18 ~ Another warm, muggy day... I am so ready for fall weather!
    1) 9:00 church :smiley:
    2) PT exercises :s made brunch with hubby after church instead, then too full, then too lazy :p
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks / stroll to park w/ hubby & dog? :s an overall lazy day 5K 15 floors 8/14
    4) Net calories zero / 80 oz. water :( net cals -428, sodium not great, fiber ok, protein & carbs good, calcium low-ish, 64 oz water
    5) Watch Packers game 7:20 YAY we beat da Bears / any ta-da? more digital stuff TA-DA!
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :smiley: started bedtime routine during halftime LOL

JFT M 9/19
    1) Walked dog 3.69 mi before work, wore headlamp (to see dog poop to pick up) & LED vest (so drivers see us on side of road), saw geese on the move (fall is near) :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) Complete T31 review notes & resubmit for 2nd review / update PRO, PAR, HW s/s's for current week / IIA OnDemand course / contact Surveillance to return flash drive / keep up w/ emails
    5) Some ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / pray & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love train events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • pridesabtch
    Thanks for the reassurance y'all! I love the second one, but wasn't sure that I wasn't too old to wear it...
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Happy Monday!

@pridesabtch I like them both! The second one is fun and cute! The first one I'll bet is really pretty and flattering with the way it lays. You will look great in either one!

We have been so busy lately with grandkids' sports and we also took a trip up to my dad's lake home in Minnesota. I'm really beginning to enjoy being retired and not feeling the sadness, grief or guilt of losing my job in 2020. Took me long enough, huh? I've been quilting a lot too. I'm going to begin making lap quilts for my 3 kids incorporating blocks made using cut up blue jeans that belonged to their father, who passed away of a massive heart attack a few years ago. I think they will like...at least I hope so. I thought I'd sew a couple of the back pockets in strategic places where they could tuck tissue, reading glasses, tv remote, etc. We had been divorced for 30 years when he passed, but we had a life together and I thought it might be a nice surprise for our kids. So, I'll be finding fabrics to start that this week. Tonight is a granddaughter H's volleyball game. Thursday is another VB game and Friday night is grandson M's high school football. So fun!

I'm watching Queen Elizabeth II"s funeral right now and I feel such sadness for everyone. She was a wise, classy and extraordinary woman, and this was incredibly touching. ((HUGS to my friends grieving her loss))

Just for Monday
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • 64 oz water (fill 2 Qt glass pitcher and place on counter with sliced limes and lemons next to it)
    • Wait for hunger. Do not eat out of boredom, stress or habit. No grab-assing!
    • Stop at enough. Do you really need seconds? Are you still hungry or do you just 'want' it?
    • Close activity rings on Apple watch.
    • Finish quilt top by sewing quadrants together and adding borders.
    • Walmart Rx and groceries
    • Volleyball game
    • Journal everything I eat and close diary at end of day
    • Evening Routine

WOTY 2022: Intentional I will be intentional in my choices to reach my goals!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    JFt, Monday
    1. log all my food. I am trying to concentrate on more protein, but unless I log it I don't know.
    2. concentrate on water. Yesterday I went on a 5 mile walk .. came home and had a gatorade and diet ginger ale. No water. What is wrong with me ... I need water. I was so exhausted around 8:30 .. spent all nite just on my butt watching tv. Then I realized, the entire day, I think I drank not even a cup of water. This has always been a problem for me. SO ... out comes that red cup!!
    3. work on little bears .. trying to use up all my fleece scraps
    4. powerwash the rugs outside .. unless its too hot. Forecast for today near 100 with high humidity
    5. go for a walk tonite .. didn't get to gym this morning

Oh .. and my why: To have more energy, to get my AIC down, to generally learn to have a better relationship with food. (Love this whoever started it!!)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    edited September 2022
    @pridesabtch -- I love both dresses! You are going to look fantastic in either one!
    @PackerFanInGB -- your kids are going to love the quilts made from their fathers jeans. It will be their most treasured gift .. what a wonderful thing to do. So happy you are enjoying retirement!
    @cschmitz .. I know what you mean about everything going up in prices! Our property tax is now pushing close to $5000 a year .. used to be 2500. But I am glad you are still planning on your retirement in a month!! YAH!!!! Life is short .... so enjoy!