Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sam, Rub it in ydontcha. I can't wait until our outside pools are open.

Marla,I stopped at two and thank God every month when TOM arrives. What is the tv show where the family just added 18?? I believe those were all single births.

I rub the sunscreen in everyday!!!:laugh: :bigsmile:

the Duggars are the family you are thinking about and they had all singles except for one set of twins. and they all start with the letter J.

I thought they had two sets of twins? Either way-- I'm soooooo not her...I love my kids, happy when I find I'm pregnant...but this Duggar woman pops out a kid and then says, 'We just can't wait to have more." Uhh-- I don't think so.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Marla,I stopped at two and thank God every month when TOM arrives. What is the tv show where the family just added 18?? I believe those were all single births.

the Duggars are the family you are thinking about and they had all singles except for one set of twins. and they all start with the letter J.

I thought they had two sets of twins? Either way-- I'm soooooo not her...I love my kids, happy when I find I'm pregnant...but this Duggar woman pops out a kid and then says, 'We just can't wait to have more." Uhh-- I don't think so.

They asked her the other night if she was done after 18 and she said I will be happy to have more but if this is it we are ok with that too. WTH?

I don't thik they get any assistance either. besides paid for the show. becasue they own their own businesses
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Does it count if I take a deep breath of fresh air when I open the door to let the dogs out? :huh:

This week is actually supposed to be warmer - mid 40's to low 50's, though rain some days. But I should be able to get outside.

I wasn't born until the 80's so I don't remember if I ever had spandex. :huh:

Same here, Lori. Plus, I was a pudgy kid...and fat kids don't do spandex.

It's supposed to be in the high 40s-low 50s for the next several days, so I guess I'll be taking the Couch to 5K outside. Damn MD weather...it was in the 70s on Sunday and now look. This is what we call pneumonia weather. :grumble:

Oh yeah, day 2 of Week 1 complete!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Does it count if I take a deep breath of fresh air when I open the door to let the dogs out? :huh:

This week is actually supposed to be warmer - mid 40's to low 50's, though rain some days. But I should be able to get outside.

It's supposed to be in the high 40s-low 50s for the next several days, so I guess I'll be taking the Couch to 5K outside. Damn MD weather...it was in the 70s on Sunday and now look. This is what we call pneumonia weather. :grumble:

I am so proud of everyone doing the Couch to 5k program. It gets easier as you go along I promise. I started at week 3 I think and now look at me I go at least 3 miles every time I run!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I didn't think of myself as chubby until I looked back when I was older and saw a pre-puberty picture of myself in overalls with a belt. Also in 6th grade a friend and I dressed the same one day in jeans, a purple turtleneck, and a white hat. I remember one kid made a comment about how we looked the same except that I was fat. :grumble: I have avoided wearing overalls and turtlenecks ever since.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey team ... I'm still alive, mostly ... my charming DD keeps bringing nasty viruses home, so we've been enjoying flu-like symptoms this week. :noway: :grumble:

I've thrown in the towel until I feel better ... don't have the energy to do anything else. I cannot wait until the warm weather gets here ... I always feel so much better in the summer.

Will I exercise outside this week? Maybe ... if this virus leaves soon enough.

Bye for now ...
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Tresa! :flowerforyou:

This challenge is so easy, so unlike the stretching one. Thanks Nicky! :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Hey team ... I'm still alive, mostly ... my charming DD keeps bringing nasty viruses home, so we've been enjoying flu-like symptoms this week. :noway: :grumble:

I've thrown in the towel until I feel better ... don't have the energy to do anything else. I cannot wait until the warm weather gets here ... I always feel so much better in the summer.

Will I exercise outside this week? Maybe ... if this virus leaves soon enough.

Bye for now ...

Feel better soon. I know how you feel When M was in day care her and I were always sick!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I should know better!!! But yet again I went and read around on other threads and I just can't believe how rude some people are. I mean some people have been here almost as long as I have and only lost a couple pounds and they are trying to tell other people what is right and wrong. I would never do that and I have lost a good amount of weight. People come to this site for support not to be called stupid for trying something. It's not our right to tell people what is right or wrong it is our right to say hey your trying this good luck and as long as your not hurting yourself physically or mentally go for it. We have a lot of KNOW IT ALLS ON THIS BOARD!!! so so tired of it!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Some I have been here since January and I have to agree that some days I don't even read the boards because of the people on here that think that they know everything and IMO don't even need to lose weight to begin with! Okay, I wil shut up, now! :grumble:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

You forgot to mention that they are all insane. lol :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening everyone,

As is the case when I get quiet I have been on the road for work the last two days. This challenge is interesting...considering I live in the wilds of Maine. I'll put on my hat and scarf and give it my best. LOL,

Tresa- hope you feel better!
    Sam-Do as I do. Stay away from other threads. I only have about 3 threads that I visit.
    Marla-I have been baby crazy lately but I know the sane part of me is happy with two so I have to keep myself in check or stay 500 yards away from the DW until I am over this or I might end up with three.

Everyone else_ I hope you have a great night!!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    well, here's how screwy our perceptions of ourselves are-- I think of myself as chubby in high school, and I was 5'8" 154-- which was my original goal when I started losign weight. I'd be a rail now at 154.

Just 'cause I wasn't a stinkin' cheerleader skinny butt, I thought of myself as fat....go figure.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I should know better!!! But yet again I went and read around on other threads and I just can't believe how rude some people are. I mean some people have been here almost as long as I have and only lost a couple pounds and they are trying to tell other people what is right and wrong. I would never do that and I have lost a good amount of weight. People come to this site for support not to be called stupid for trying something. It's not our right to tell people what is right or wrong it is our right to say hey your trying this good luck and as long as your not hurting yourself physically or mentally go for it. We have a lot of KNOW IT ALLS ON THIS BOARD!!! so so tired of it!

I'll tell you like I told Ms. Chick....oh, be careful little feet where you go-- we found a great group here-- enjoy and stay within the comfy confines of our little thread or two. Works like a charm for me.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey Andrew, baby fever must be going through because I just told dh I would love another baby!! :laugh:

Of course with our 3rd having Rett Syndrome, I would never take that chance again. The docs all say it is random, blah, blah, blah, but no chance here for me. I don't think I have the energy for #4, I will have to use my 6 month old nephew to get my baby fix!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Hey Andrew, baby fever must be going through because I just told dh I would love another baby!! :laugh:

Of course with our 3rd having Rett Syndrome, I would never take that chance again. The docs all say it is random, blah, blah, blah, but no chance here for me. I don't think I have the energy for #4, I will have to use my 6 month old nephew to get my baby fix!

We are stopping at three. I need a mammas boy! :laugh: I think we have determined that we are going to end up with another girl but that's ok. I guess!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

You forgot to mention that they are all insane. lol :laugh:

They are. I mean how could you marry someone without ever kissing them? So weird!:laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Sam, are you planning or hinting at something!!!!! ?????:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I'll tell you like I told Ms. Chick....oh, be careful little feet where you go-- we found a great group here-- enjoy and stay within the comfy confines of our little thread or two. Works like a charm for me.

SO SO TRUE!!! It's like a train wreck though.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, are you planning or hinting at something!!!!! ?????:laugh:

We are waiting until madison is in Kindergarten. I can't handle 3 under the age of 4 in my house. Hubs mom did it though 3 boys in 4 years then another boy 12 years later.:huh: