slimgirljo15
slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
Memories.. good, bad, big small..

Share a memory.

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember my dad when I was a kid would say "bloody hell and forty" that was his swear word basically. 😂 I have no idea what the forty was for but we knew if he said that he was annoyed 😄
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember when I was maybe 8 or 9 and left at home for an hour while my parents helped a neighbour do something. I thought I'd make them some scones for when they got home, my dad still laughs about the blue ( I thought food colouring would make them look pretty) hard lumps of scone 😂 I use the word scone loosely as they were only flour and water. They both pretended to eat .. God bless em 😆 I was asked not to cook again while they weren't at home 😬
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember having the best childhood memories because of my uncle. He took my brother and I under his wing while my parents were going through a nasty divorce. He took us to camping trips, to the movies, we'd have sleepovers at his house. His wife was an artist so we'd paint and draw. He made us eat clam chowder and we hated it sooo much 😂He was such a blessing and a huge role model for us. Unfortunately, he had a really bad heart attack last year and today he's in the hospital because he's having complications. This thread brought back so many wonderful memories we had with him 🥲

Im sorry to hear your uncle is in hospital 😔
    Sounds like he was a true blessing 💜
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,171 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I remember the anticipation of Saturday morning cartoons - kids these days will never know

Dude! So true
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I remember landlines, nobody had a phone of their own, it was just 'the phone' in every house.

I remember in the early internet days, Yahoo and Lycos dominated search engines. Google didn't exist yet.

I remember MSN messenger being a thing :#
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I remember going with a small group of friends to visit our pal Garry at the bar where he was working. Early days of the Internet. Empty bar. Huge tv screen. And he showed us what the world wide web could do, the picture opening slowly from the top down. I was shocked. Shocked I tell you.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I remember having the best childhood memories because of my uncle. He took my brother and I under his wing while my parents were going through a nasty divorce. He took us to camping trips, to the movies, we'd have sleepovers at his house. His wife was an artist so we'd paint and draw. He made us eat clam chowder and we hated it sooo much 😂He was such a blessing and a huge role model for us. Unfortunately, he had a really bad heart attack last year and today he's in the hospital because he's having complications. This thread brought back so many wonderful memories we had with him 🥲

🙏
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I remember the anticipation of Saturday morning cartoons - kids these days will never know

this was kinda formative for me

https://youtu.be/f-itXFytfWo
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember my second eldest daughter at about 18 months coming to me for a cuddle and she had black insect legs around her mouth.. I don't know what she ate but to this day we tease her that she ate cockroaches 🤣😂
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,129 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Truth. I was trying to explain tv to my 6 year old. Just television. Lol. Waiting every day or every week for “your show”. At a specific time. With commercials.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to rush back from school to listen to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Familly Matters.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    Options
    I remember my 2nd grade teacher, her name was Margueritte and she was evil, she always pulled on my pig tails when I didn't listen and I was scared of her.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    Options
    I remember when I used to rush back from school to listen to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Familly Matters.

I think the correct word was watch because I didn't just listen to it 😅 😂

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

this was kinda formative for me

https://youtu.be/f-itXFytfWo

Remember One To Grow On psa’s

https://youtu.be/B8rDti-rpZU
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    TGIF shows on abc - full house - family matters - boy meets world and what not. -