I remember..

Options

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I remember when chit-chat and fun and games were together. Good times back in the day lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    I remember when chit-chat and fun and games were together. Good times back in the day lol

I remember that too.

I remember back in the day Id have over 500 notifications of posts overnight while I slept. Now there's lucky to be 70 . 😔
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    I remember landlines, nobody had a phone of their own, it was just 'the phone' in every house.

I remember in the early internet days, Yahoo and Lycos dominated search engines. Google didn't exist yet.

I remember MSN messenger being a thing :#

That land line phone was awesome! No cell phones yet and people actually talked to each other on the phone or in person...now that is a concept. This dates me doesn't it. :D
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options

I remember that too.

I remember back in the day Id have over 500 notifications of posts overnight while I slept. Now there's lucky to be 70 . 😔

So many have left us but the there's still some pretty awesome ones that are still here, like you 😘
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options

I remember that too.

So many have left us but the there's still some pretty awesome ones that are still here, like you 😘

And you
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I remember coming home from a party in a different outfit than the one my mother saw me leave in. Boy, did those spaghetti straps piss her off.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I remember that too.

Aww 🤗🥰 thank you. I would say the same of you 💜
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember the horrible haircuts I had 🥴

I cant believe my own mother did this to me.
    4cqgn6ddnb9h.jpg

I had a little dutch boy cut. I had asked for a Dorothy Hamill
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

4cqgn6ddnb9h.jpg

My mom used to make some of our clothes when I was in elementary school - like sew that chit - Shes have us wear to school and peeps be asking. -‘ why you wearing pj’s to school’ im like yo - this is a Moms og track suit - they weren’t on the Judy’s young boys fashion train that never
    took off … 🤷‍♂️
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options

4cqgn6ddnb9h.jpg

I had a Dorothy Hamill!
    And I will never forget my mother's hairdresser, Richard, trilling "Ladies, it's cocktail time without the tail." I think I was around 8. :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

4cqgn6ddnb9h.jpg

I had a Dorothy Hamill!
    And I will never forget my mother's hairdresser, Richard, trilling "Ladies, it's cocktail time without the tail." I think I was around 8. :)
    😳
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    I remember landlines, nobody had a phone of their own, it was just 'the phone' in every house.

I remember in the early internet days, Yahoo and Lycos dominated search engines. Google didn't exist yet.

I remember MSN messenger being a thing :#

That land line phone was awesome! No cell phones yet and people actually talked to each other on the phone or in person...now that is a concept. This dates me doesn't it. :D

If this dates you, then it dates me too. Then again, so does my username.

It's kinda mindblowing that in the 90s it was perfectly normal for children of 10 years old to go into the city with their friends without any way of their parents contacting them. Also you're right, people did talk to each other more - and we weren't so constantly saturated with digital media.

I'm not going to be a boomer and go on a rant about it all being better in the old days - after all, mobile phones must have saved millions of lives by now, but I do have a strange nostalgia for a time before they were mainstream.
  • tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at half time and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember.. My dad bought my grandparents 4 turkeys for their farm. I went to stay with them on school holidays. They had an outside toilet. Those bastid turkeys would surround the toilet and not let you out.. I had to call the farm dogs so they'd chase the turkeys away 🤣😂
    I remember laughing till I cried at the sight of my little brother sitting on the toilet ( he'd left the door open) and 2 turkeys pecking at his knees .. 😆
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember my nonna packing papa’s lunch and pouring black coffee into that tall plaid thermos.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember high tin ceilings, linoleum floors, black and white tile, and shotgun rooms.

Beaded curtains. Flowers on the fire escape. Family supper and Sunday sauce.

Nutella, lemon ice, big bright windows, and Papa’s beautiful iron work.
  • Mewpasaurus
    Mewpasaurus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ... when this place was more active. That's a bummer as the active community is what keeps many engaged.

Another thing I remember: The warmth of old vinyl on my father's jukebox. Sure, there were pops, crackles here and there, but ultimately, the sound quality was special and nostalgic.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    I remember my nonna packing papa’s lunch and pouring black coffee into that tall plaid thermos.

This made me think of my grandparents - my grandma always had breakfast ready for my grandpa at the crack of Dawn - and had his thermos ready and lunch packed - he drove a dump truck and bulldozer all that stuff and took us with him when we were on summer break and always stopped at a truck stop diner for pie and ice cream on the way home - he’s alwYs flirt with the waitress i always say I got my game from grandpa 😂 - and grandma seemed To never go to bed - she was always up washing clothes or patching up kids or grandpas clothes - shed cat nap in the recliner but I don’t think I remember her ever actually going to bed - these were my mom parents we spent a lot of time with they were the beez knees - sorry got long winded there
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

This made me think of my grandparents - my grandma always had breakfast ready for my grandpa at the crack of Dawn - and had his thermos ready and lunch packed - he drove a dump truck and bulldozer all that stuff and took us with him when we were on summer break and always stopped at a truck stop diner for pie and ice cream on the way home - he’s alwYs flirt with the waitress i always say I got my game from grandpa 😂 - and grandma seemed To never go to bed - she was always up washing clothes or patching up kids or grandpas clothes - shed cat nap in the recliner but I don’t think I remember her ever actually going to bed - these were my mom parents we spent a lot of time with they were the beez knees - sorry got long winded there
    Our grandmas both worked hard!