Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    So far this week I am Sun 25/9 to Wed 28/9 AF, as planned. Hubster has been having a few of an evening but aside from Wed, not anywhere near the usual level. Tonight is a challenge - it's my birthday and while I haven't planned any drinks, if I go home and he's magicked up a bottle of something nice and bubbly, I probably won't say no. BUT that's ok - occasions are part of my plan! And if he doesn't, then I won't!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Alatariel75 Happy Birthday! No one would begrudge you some champagne! Oh, and your cured meats sound delicious! You are much more ambitious than I will ever be when it comes to that stuff!

@Stockholm_Andy If you are asked why you’re not drinking, you can always say you’re doing a cleanse. Best of luck to you avoiding most if not all of the alcohol. Let me know how the non-alcoholic wine is. A good AF wine is the Holy Grail for us wine drinkers!

@MissMay I love shrimp and grits! Yum! Safe travels, and may there be no flood damage.

@tmbg1 great to see you checking in!

@globalhiker safe travels home, your vacation sounded so wonderful.
  • Womona
    I was a “lady who lunches” yesterday. Had one glass of wine with friends, and the did some shopping in an outdoor area on a beautiful autumn day. I found a cute pair of boots too! Nothing alcoholic last night or today.
  • Womona
    pezhed wrote: »
    Besides I know enough not to make comment on her choices :D

Wise man :smiley:

Right???????

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    @Alatariel75 Happy Birthday! No one would begrudge you some champagne! Oh, and your cured meats sound delicious! You are much more ambitious than I will ever be when it comes to that stuff!

Not an hour after I made my post, I got a hamper delivered from my brother and SIL and it has a gorgeous bottle of bubbles, so it must be fate!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    I love this group ❤️
    I have greatly reduced my drinking since June and had a great month in August with 26 out of 31 AF days. This month I am trying to be mindful and make self care a priority.

9/1-9/7: 7 out of 7 AF
    9/8-9/14: 6 AF out 7
    9/15-9/21: 7 AF out of 7

9/22: AF
    Well I didn’t end up taking a mental health day but I did end up seeing my therapist who forced me to set up some hard boundaries with work notifications (on my computer and phone) and I also punched out an hour early. Obviously, a different job needs to be found. This makes my stomach hurt to think about. But the job I have now makes my stomach hurt too.
    Away from work today, helping my parents unpack. They are out of the hotel and in to the condo, all limbs intact thank god. This should be the downswing of the stress of the move
    Thanks for listening ❤️
    9/23: AF
    9/24: AF
    9/25: AF
    Yesterday I got some self care in, a nap and some yoga, a walk. Organized my linen closet. Lots of TV. Turned off the phone completely. My anxiety about working today started to creep in at about 6 pm. Just another sign it’s time to go.
    9/26: AF
    Unfortunately my mom fell and broke her kneecap last night. She’s in a lot of pain. I will be her primary caregiver. She has fallen and broken many things in her life and I’m thankful it wasn’t worse.
    9/27: AF
    I’m not sure what to say….when it rains it pours I guess!
    9/28: AF
    So. Much. Stress.

I’m glad to see everyone is moving right along!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Thank you everyone for your well wishes about my mom. She is in quite a bit of pain but she’s on some narcotic pain killers so there’s a few silly moments here and there! It is hard balancing work with taking care of her but she’s my mom and that’s what daughters do.

@Stockholm_Andy Cyprus! How exciting! Please post pictures when you get back! Way to keep up your streak, I know it’s not easy and a decision you face everyday!

@pezhed Youre doing great things!

@dawnbgethealthy I wish you safe travels home!

@Alaterial Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your bubbly!
  • Breathe57103
    Breathe57103 Posts: 90 Member
    9/1-9/13 AF
    9/14 A
    9/15-9/19AF
    9/20 -9/21 A
    9/22-9/25 AF
    9/26-9/28 A

Sept Totals
    AF - 22 A -6
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    Hey gang 🤗
    Here is our new link for the OCTOBER 2022 LESS Alcohol thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874802/less-alcohol-october-2022-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    @MissMay stay safe on your drive! Jealous of the Alabama shrimp and grits. My husband I honeymooned on a road trip through that part of the country (Dauphin Island on the way to New Orleans from our wedding in Virginia) and the shrimp and grits were just amazing.
  • pezhed
    @Alatariel75 happy belated birthday! I don't think I've skipped drinking on my birthday since I turned 21 :lol: Hope you enjoyed the bubbles!

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    9/1-9/4 - A
    9/5-9/6- 9/7 - AF
    9/8-9/9-9/10 - A
    9/11- 9/12-9/13 - 9/14-9/15- AF
    9/16 - 9/17 -9/18 A
    9/19 - 9/20- AF
    9/21-9/22- 9/23-9/24 A
    9/25-9/26-9/27 - 9/28 - AF
    9/29-9/30-- A
  • pezhed
    @Stockholm_Andy impressive work!!
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 352 Member
    Day 30 of Water vs Wine [bloop bloop] 🐠🐟🦀🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🍷🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🍷🍺🍺🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🍷.....early start to the indoor bonfire of an imaginary 76th birthday cake 🥳

No more counting unless the wine cellar inventory decreases dramatically. Or the bathroom scale number increases dramatically. For me, abstaining is much easier than moderating. Perhaps I should take advantage of some of the advice at the beginning of this group ?? I've not yet found any of those "helps" helpful. The fault probably lies with me.

*kitten*, at MY age, could I just settle into a recliner in front of the woodstove with a bottle & an "Italian wine glass" [AKA juice glass], Cat on lap & best sellers on the tablet ??

Grilled Pineapple AF mocktail ???? Sign me up !!!! Thanks @MissMay for taking the time to set us up for the next month.

@Alatariel75...WOW...smoking your own sausages. You've given me just a wee bit of inspiration. Next grocery delivery will include the peppers to make my own MEXICAN chorizo. No smoking required, but I love the stuff.