October 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Not dumb at all. Your description makes perfect sense. I should focus on dropping my center of gravity. I'm definitely still standing up tall. It makes sense that bending my knees more might help me feel less like I'm going to wipe out. Thank you for the advice!

Can't wait to run you home tomorrow @AlphaHowls
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @martaindale - Fiesty Triathlon (a women's triathlon group that calls themselves the 'home of women's triathlon) had a week of live coverage of the women at Kona. I think you can still listen to the interviews on their podcast or watch on YouTube. Links under the spoiler...
    They were really excited about the number of women, pros and amateurs, participating and that the pro women were offered an equal number of slots as the men (a first) and the separate day too.
    Episodes 1-7 on each platform

https://livefeisty.com/category/podcasts/ironwomen/

@eleanorhawkins - that actually sounds like advice that I got about running down(steep)hill (bent knees, lower center of gravity, shorter steps, slightly wider stance). I don't tend to keep my arms out though.

@AlphaHowls - I am excited to run by your house and see the decorations! Cold cider sounds great. I read today about the drought hitting the center of the country and that even the Mississippi River is too low for the barges and river boats.
    We will be running by @quilteryoyo's even though there isn't a specific stop on the map for it because we are limited in the number of stops included. Then we will be running up to @Teresa502 in VA.

I took Hobbes out for a fast warmup walk then came home to drop him off. My big toe was hurting (on and off ingrown nail issue) so I put a toe cap on it but that made it worse. It just hurt too much to run. Going to try soaking it tonight and hopefully it will feel better in the morning.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @martaindale - Fiesty Triathlon (a women's triathlon group that calls themselves the 'home of women's triathlon) had a week of live coverage of the women at Kona. I think you can still listen to the interviews on their podcast or watch on YouTube. Links under the spoiler...
    They were really excited about the number of women, pros and amateurs, participating and that the pro women were offered an equal number of slots as the men (a first) and the separate day too.
    Episodes 1-7 on each platform

https://livefeisty.com/category/podcasts/ironwomen/

@eleanorhawkins - that actually sounds like advice that I got about running down(steep)hill (bent knees, lower center of gravity, shorter steps, slightly wider stance). I don't tend to keep my arms out though.

@AlphaHowls - I am excited to run by your house and see the decorations! Cold cider sounds great. I read today about the drought hitting the center of the country and that even the Mississippi River is too low for the barges and river boats.
    We will be running by @quilteryoyo's even though there isn't a specific stop on the map for it because we are limited in the number of stops included. Then we will be running up to @Teresa502 in VA.

I took Hobbes out for a fast warmup walk then came home to drop him off. My big toe was hurting (on and off ingrown nail issue) so I put a toe cap on it but that made it worse. It just hurt too much to run. Going to try soaking it tonight and hopefully it will feel better in the morning.

@shanaber OMG. Ouch. Hope you feel better soon
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Oh yeah... My run! D'ohhhh! 🤦

9jmb1e67d0hl.png
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,815 Member
    Options
    waving @AlphaHowls as I run by,..

@eleanorhawthorn hope you did not end up with a cold... sometimes my throat feels sore when I talk to much at work. LOL.

@shanaber Ingrown toenails are tough. I usually try to gently pull then free and slather antibiotic ointment on them but I haven't had a bad one in years. My latest thing to keep them from splitting and such is to gel coat polish them... not so much for the look but for the strength.

fun reading this morning everyone!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Also the osprey was back today. No friends with him this time though...
    z8c2zu3o0fs5.jpeg
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    I had started this post a couple of days ago. Not sure why I didn't finish it - thought I had. But, got on today and there it was, in "draft." So, sorry it's long and disjointed. You are all doing great with your running!

@jane_76 So glad to hear that you had a great day one run. I hope your knee is still happy this morning. Sorry to read that your knee was swollen the next day. I hope it is better by now. Glad the physio didn't tell you to quit running, just to take it slow and easy.

Nice run @shanaber. Love your pictures and video. It does look and sound like it is complaining to the vulture about the crows. :lol:

Sounds like a great recovery run @eleanorhawkins. Yes. Please be careful on those steep trails, but I'm glad that your confidence is coming back.

@polskagirl01 That's a lot of walnuts and fruit. I have walnut trees too, but they are black walnuts and not really good to eat and so hard to crack. I hope you can get an answer to your health issues.

@tarun_yadavA That cake looks delicious.

@yirara Sounds like you did the best you could. Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a great run today.

@Scott6255 I'm glad that your legs felt good after your run on the 6th. Awesome running today! I can't imagine running a sub 4 hr marathon. You're awesome.

@martaindale I hope your friend did well with the Ironman....will probably read about it later in the thread. People who do that amaze me too. Just read the update. Sounds like she did amazingly well and I do love that they had the men and women on separate days. I can't imagine exercising that intensely for over 13 hours! Your hill country run sounds brutal. You're awesome.

@AlphaHowls Glad you will be home when we get there. So cool and thanks for the information. Funny that your town's claim to fame is an invisible witch. :smile: Apple cider sounds great, and your home looks lovely. CONGRATULATIONS on making it home! Amazing!

@shanaber Ingrown toenails are painful. Dad used to have them all the time - so bad that the doctor would cut them out for him. I hope yours feel better today. Glad you had a good run today.

Thanks for the pictures @tarun_yadavA . Looks like another great place to run.

@noblsheep Oh no! I have been wondering about you and where you were. I hope you heal quickly!

@eleanorhawkins So sorry you are sick and that you will be going to your race alone. I hope you feel better quickly and and a great "me" weekend for the race.

• tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all

@shanaber - that's such a cool story! 😊