• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yay! Way to go mini @tarun_yadavA :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    No run today but I did a couple of virtual workouts this morning and will get a walk in at lunch.

@eleanorhawkins - You got this!! You've embraced the taper and you will do more than survive and if it rains I hope it's one of those light, refreshing ones that waits until you are almost finished.

Welcome @mollyeliz00! I'm a proud member of the slow runners club! A mile is a mile no matter the speed!

@Fit2btied2016 - That's scary about the fires and the smoke. I hope they are contained and that you get a nice, slow soaking rain. Hope you friend in the hospital is doing better.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    He did it! No stopping. Placed 46 out of 206 kids!

Tell him congratulations and well done! (Even if from complete strangers, everyone likes to be congratulated right?)

@Teresa502 - haha! Thanks! 😊

@Scott6255 - thanks buddy 😊
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to @laurajeanne123. Jump right in and let us know how things are going.

Welcome @mollyeliz00 too. What marathon are you doing? How’s training going so far? We have a couple of people marathon training right now so you’re in good company.

Congrats to mini @tarun_yadavA!! Well done!
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    8 miles this evening. I guess this was technically a speed day, so I did 8 miles at marathon pace. It did feel a little hard, but after that grueling 14 miler on Sunday that is not unexpected. But temps were very pleasant at 64F and low 17% humidity.

exercise.png

@Scott6255 - well done on 8, bud! 🤷
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options

Thanks Teresa, and thanks all. Yayy to the little Marathon-mini-champ! 46 is pretty impressive, considering! Something tells me he will be running more with his Dad for future events, lol.

@Fit2btied2016 thanks T! And hope you feel better soon
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles with a friend this morning. Temp read 37F on my car but it was breezy and felt much colder to begin. I ended up shedding my gloves and unzipping my jacket part way through the run.