What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    RIP - Hagrid

😭 We’re down dumbledor, mcgonagal, snape and now hagrid. Apparently a bunch of the smaller parts actors too, per google.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    RIP - Hagrid

😭 We’re down dumbledor, mcgonagal, snape and now hagrid. Apparently a bunch of the smaller parts actors too, per google.

Oh man, Alan Rickman was a difficult one. I didn't see him in a lot but loved him in everything I did see.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    RIP - Hagrid

Oh man, Alan Rickman was a difficult one. I didn't see him in a lot but loved him in everything I did see.

I was one of his fan girls for sure. You ever see the movie perfume? That’s one of my favorites and he’s in there. I even looked up his audio book. What a voice.

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    it was my dad’s birthday today

i hope i see an owl

<3<3<3
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    I have awesome friends...we opened the door to head out to home Depot to get stuff to put up our little free library and there was an amazing parcel....a beautiful cheese board from a friend I made here and have always kept in touch with!!! I send him Canadiana for Christmas or when he's sad and he sends my family housewarming gifts....and we used it today with some old neighbours uijvilw6o7ia.jpg
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Dis mine e173k4myr05l.gif
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Dis mine e173k4myr05l.gif

Everyone should eat their donuts like that 😍😆
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    Tulip tree confusion,

u04dccb9hs0k.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm in a cell phone quandry now.

The phone I originally bought that seemed like a good match and IS but there are some things I like better on the phone I impulsively bought because I could get it in one day and had to wait like a week for the first one I bought. (The battery is apparently about to explode on the phone I'm replacing.)

Anyway, better resolution, ram, and space on the moto power 2020 but it won't upgrade past android 11 and the buttons are really smooth...

Bigger screen on the nokia g10, ridges on the buttons (it just feels more sturdy), came with a case and screen protector (why didn't someone tell me I could see the phone outside with a screen protector???), will go to android 12.

It was also easier getting the sim card in the nokia. It kept slipping out when sticking the tray back in on the moto.
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    How much different Australian English is compared to US English, now that I live here.

Let see..some confusion so far.. :D

AUS/US

Fortnight = Bi-weekly
    Footpath = Sidewalk
    Mobile = Cell Phone
    Indicator = Blinkers/Turn Signal
    Chips (hot) = Fries
    Petrol Station/Servo = Gas Station

Probably others...

... and my accent is another source of confusion... I'm not British!!!

The Australian ones are all identical to the UK. Except footpath.

But I suppose that makes sense since Australia was a colony of ours.

I mean so was much of America, but, we had a slight falling out.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    How much different Australian English is compared to US English, now that I live here.

AUS/US

Fortnight = Bi-weekly
    Footpath = Sidewalk
    Mobile = Cell Phone
    Chips (hot) = Fries

Probably others...

What do you care? Americans LOVE any type of accent. Use it to your advantage.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options

AUS/US

Fortnight = Bi-weekly
    Footpath = Sidewalk
    Mobile = Cell Phone
    Chips (hot) = Fries

Probably others...

In Canada we have a clothing brand called Roots...my Aussie friend always would take back lots of of sweatshirts since the brand is emblazoned across the front
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    It’s cooling off here - and I *kitten* hate it
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    What's on my mind? I've always been nice and respectful to everyone except maybe 3 years ago..., I thought that was all ok now but apparently this will always follow me around here.

I had a group that bashed me, lies were told about me, I've been put through hell when I was sick and there's a person that will just never stop bullying me here. I liked to come on here and have fun and joke around but I think it's pretty clear that I will never be left alone. I'm a good person and I don't have any enemies in real life so I'm positive it's just here. As much as I don't let myself be bothered by ppl I don't know...my sensitive heart can't take it. For my real friends on here, I wish you the best. For the fake ones, I hope you have the day you deserve.

😔 I'm so sorry sweetheart. You're such a bright light, and I hate to know that someone upset you.We'll always be here for you ♥️
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    Where's my support system when I need them? 😑