WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    very good workout..for the most part i stayed within my fat buring zone(most of my cardio is spinning so i am not in the fat burning zone)80 minutes of light biking(16.5miles) and some ellpitical...food wise have been on target(this part of the day is the most difficult)...water is awesome so far over 100oz. fruits done and again having 2 veggie serving with dinner(im doing a couple of challenges that the water, fruit and veggies come into play)....over all a good day...thank you all i love this group its keep me accountable...

have a great evening
    :flowerforyou:
  • grabbit97
    Options
    Well, I had a terrible day today again, this time, when I took the Voltaren for the first time, I took it this morning at 6:30 with a cracker before... apparently it was not enough, I need to take it after a meal.
    ALSO, I upped the capsules of Metamucil, to 4, and man, did I have pain abodomenal type today, all day.. so I have to back off the amount of the metamucial also,
    Need to find out which is causing all the pains... terrible cramping, and constant going to potty, (not diarreaha) but just going...
    Lost anothe 2 lbs today, I am sure it's from the problems I am havingt.
    Natalie
  • Pam3
    Options
    Well, I had a terrible day today again, this time, when I took the Voltaren for the first time, I took it this morning at 6:30 with a cracker before... apparently it was not enough, I need to take it after a meal.
    ALSO, I upped the capsules of Metamucil, to 4, and man, did I have pain abodomenal type today, all day.. so I have to back off the amount of the metamucial also,
    Need to find out which is causing all the pains... terrible cramping, and constant going to potty, (not diarreaha) but just going...
    Lost anothe 2 lbs today, I am sure it's from the problems I am havingt.
    Natalie

natalie,

feel beetter soon....:flowerforyou:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of deep water today, tomorrow I'll do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, (2 days) for an hour. Then I'll go play canasta. Normally we have a crochet meeting, but the lady called it off because she's going for an ultrasound, seems she has gall bladder problems. They have evening mahjongg, but I don't think I'll go. It's just too much on the day when we have canasta, I do like some time at home.

Went to the senior bowl today. The first game I bowled a 114, the third game I bowled a 118, but the second game I REALLY hurt my handicap. Wonder what it'll be. I bowled a -- get ready for this -- 184! I don't think I've ever bowled that high in my life. I had them print out my score because Vince wasn't there and I didn't think he'd believe me.

Met this lady at the Y and found out she does alterations. I have this one pantsuit (I think I mentioned it the other day) that is a 10P but I really need a 8 or 6. However, it is one of the two pantsuits that are lightweight that have long sleeves so I might have her alter it. I also wrote a check for a bathingsuit. It's supposed to be chlorine resistant. It was only $49 (shipping free). I bought these bathing suits at JCPenney last year 70% off and I still spent about $20 each. They don't last all that long. So if this bathingsuit lasts me one or two years, it'll have paid for itself. The gal who is selling them was nice enough to let me try on a 10 that she had. It fit. So I think that's the size that I'm going to get. I requested a royal blue color, but she said that last year when they ordered them some of them came in different colors. As long as it's not a garish color (like neon orange), I can live with it.

Mary - we had meatloaf tonight, too. Vince said to me "meatloaf is meat, bread crumbs, and some ketchup". How boring can you get???? I had rice and veggies, too.

My throat is feeling a bit "scratchy" so I got this throat coat tea so I'm having some of it. It has a licorice taste.

Congrats to all the losers and if you haven't lost, you soon will

Joy - I guess I've been on maintenance or a year or so. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be able to go off it without gaining a lot. The interesting thing is that now I don't want foods that are high in fat but would prefer to have steamed veggies.

mimi - isn't the show "Food, Inc" something else totally? Really makes you think twice before you buy meat. One time I made rolled up lasagna, had to put beef in Vince's. Do you know that he was upset because I cooked his with mine (I put spinach in mine). I just said to him "it's bad enough I have to cook two separate dinners, but I will not cook them in separate dishes"

Natalie - I'm so sorry you're in such pain. Feel better real fast.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am posting but have to catch up on logging my food. Have been so busy. Work will take a turn again, back to management for 3 weeks on Monday. Not so sure if I want that stress anymore, but I had promised to cover, so I will.

Grand baby is 6 weeks tomorrow. DD had dr. appointment for him today and voiced some concerns. Dr. contacted pediatrician immediately and ordered some tests. Will keep you posted. Needless to say DD needed my hugs today. I personally think it is nothing to worry about, but I remember what it is like to be a new mom and worrying. At the same time it is good that Dr. took her seriously.

Sending my love to you all :heart:
  • libbysgirl
    Options
    i really liked your quote at the end....very true for me...i have an idea in mind but give it up for that quick taste at the spur of the moment. i ahve trouble setting realistic goals.
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Went to the senior bowl today. The first game I bowled a 114, the third game I bowled a 118, but the second game I REALLY hurt my handicap. Wonder what it'll be. I bowled a -- get ready for this -- 184! I don't think I've ever bowled that high in my life. I had them print out my score because Vince wasn't there and I didn't think he'd believe me.

Michele

Michele,

You look way too young to be in a "Senior" league.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: being more active and spending less time sitting has kept me away from the computer. I'm posting food and exercise and reading the posts but no time to write anything.

:bigsmile: my dogs are happy, my yard is looking better, and I feel great.:bigsmile:
  • Pam3
    Options

Michele

Michele,

You look way too young to be in a "Senior" league.

agreed....

@rebel...hope all is well with grand baby
    @barbie..good for you..keep it up

have a lovely day all:flowerforyou: off to the gym
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: being more active and spending less time sitting has kept me away from the computer. I'm posting food and exercise and reading the posts but no time to write anything.
    :bigsmile: my dogs are happy, my yard is looking better, and I feel great.:bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou: Good for you! I'm logging but can't seem:noway: to make time to read posts :cry:
    And even though was on track yesterday, posted a .4 lb gain this morning:sad: .. must have been from Tuesday's indulgence:sick: ...
    Does anyone else notice that it's not yesterday but the day before that registers on the scale?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Well, I am off and running for the day ~ it feels like literally! I am at work, and as soon as school is out, need to go pick up my 6 year old grandson from school, then the 3 year old from the babysitter. My daughter has a dr. appt. so they will be gone for a few hours. Her obstetrician is about 60 miles away. (The good part of this is that son #3 will be here before Christmas!) Anyway, I will rush home with my boys, fix sandwiches all around, then head to soccer practice for the 6 year old. Hopefully my daughter and son in law will show up in time for my daughter and i to pick up another girl that plays French horn and head to band practice at the community college about 30 miles from here. By the time that I get home, I am sure that I will be ready to fall into bed for the night, so I probably won't be back on here before tomorrow. Have a great Thursday!
  • sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Our plans to go to the gym were scrapped today when we woke up to driving rain:grumble: , but I have a ton of ironing that has to be done before we pack for our cruise so hope to put a big dent in it today...hmmm, I wonder how many calories ironing burns?:laugh:

Yesterday I was really surprised and super happy when I got the results of my bloodwork,:bigsmile: cholesterol, 134 down from 175:heart: , triglycerides 171 down from 241 :heart: abd HDL 58 down from 72:heart: . My weight is down 18 pounds too, so feel really good that what I am doing with my daily food intake:drinker: and exercising 3x's a week is working in a positive way. 134 is the lowest I remember my cholesterol ever being my whole adult life. My doctor was most concerned about my high triglyceride level and told me to it could be from too many carbs, so I have paid special attention to my daily carb intake since I have been doing MFP.

Back to the gym tomorrow and I will be feeling so good about going since I have seen these results, I know I have more weight to lose and can improve on the numbers of the lipids, but for now I am happy and encouraged with my progress. xoSissy:flowerforyou: 9:heart: (:heart:)
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well...I got to the gym before I let myself get on the computer (just a quick email check and out the door). I got a good workout in. My body is sore today. It's a rainy day here so maybe that has something to do with it. I am feeling good today--in a better frame of mind than I was yesterday. I know I say this a lot but reading these posts really help me feel more hope in this whole process. I went to an Author's Night with a friend last night. They had three current authors (Author of Silver Girl, The Art of Forgetting and Maine). They were great ( so young!!). They interviewed each other...it was a very nice way to share information. It felt so neat to hear their stories. The room was filled with mostly middle-aged women and there were so many good laughs. What a treat. I was able to pick up some signed copies of the books for Christmas presents (I will try not to read them...!!_)

I think I need to get a new crockpot. I used mine a lot when I was working full time. There is a nice resource that I got from the Cooking Light boards years ago....Its Joanna Lund's A Potful of Recipes...its a spiral bound book. All the recipes have the nutritional values and they are all low calorie. The ones I have made have been big hits.

Enjoy this day!!
  • Pam3
    Options
    had a great workout 75min spinning(27.3miles) and 45min weight session(monday and thursday are weight training days)

@barbara...seems when i indulged the scale always knows...the scale is not my friend

@mary..enjoy the boys and good luck picking a french horn

@sissy...CONGRATS on all the lab work numbers fantastic.....enjoy the cruise

@sally...i so looks forward to these posts also...they inspire and motivate me...glad you enjoyed your evening out:flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well or at least hanging in there with what ever life is throwing at you today. I am just popping from work to give you an example of a "switch" goal vs a regular goal.

Many of us would say that we are going to eat more fruit which is a good thing. In the book Switch I am reading it would say that is a vague goal and leaves wiggle room for not meeting the ultimate goal which is to loose weight. A better way is to say "Eat 2 fruits a day". That is more concise with no wiggle room and if I'd actually do it, I'd probably meet my big goal which is to loose 15 more pounds.

The book is titled "Switch, making change when change is hard". It is a well written book with good examples on how to be successful whether you are trying to change yourself or in charge of changing others. A lot of what is in there most of us already do in MFP, but I am still finding the book hard to put down and motivational.

I am going to try in on my son too. Instead of telling him to get his grades up, I am going to give him the goal of zero missing assignments which is more concise and should help him get his grades up. It is also easy to measure.

Well, back to work for me,

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • Pam3
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well or at least hanging in there with what ever life is throwing at you today. I am just popping from work to give you an example of a "switch" goal vs a regular goal.

Many of us would say that we are going to eat more fruit which is a good thing. In the book Switch I am reading it would say that is a vague goal and leaves wiggle room for not meeting the ultimate goal which is to loose weight. A better way is to say "Eat 2 fruits a day". That is more concise with no wiggle room and if I'd actually do it, I'd probably meet my big goal which is to loose 15 more pounds.

The book is titled "Switch, making change when change is hard". It is a well written book with good examples on how to be successful whether you are trying to change yourself or in charge of changing others. A lot of what is in there most of us already do in MFP, but I am still finding the book hard to put down and motivational.

I am going to try in on my son too. Instead of telling him to get his grades up, I am going to give him the goal of zero missing assignments which is more concise and should help him get his grades up. It is also easy to measure.

Well, back to work for me,

Have a great day all,

Jeannie

jeannie,
    thank you for the tip..i agree that being precise doesnt leave more for error...this can apply in so many areas of our life

:flowerforyou:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello, All!

Well my husband's friends just left and I am sitting down to relax a minute. All went fine...I really only had to make them dinner for the past 2 nights and have something for breakfast. They fished from dawn til dusk yesterday, so it was an easy visit for me. Still, I went over my calories both nights a bit, BUT I did log every bit, so I don't feel terrible. When I put out cheese, crackers and wine for them...well, I end up having it too!!

Jeannie: The SWITCH book sounds very interesting and helpful in things like my mistakes from the past 2 nights. I put things out and say to myself, "I'll TRY not to have too much cheese or wine", instead of something like: "I will have 2 small pieces of cheese and ONE glass of wine". So simple, but so difficult!!!:grumble:

Pam: You are doing great with your exercise! Way to go!

Sissy: What wonderful positive feedback for all of your hard work! That has got to be a great feeling!

Mary: You sound so busy! Take care and have fun too!

Auntie BK: YES, I certainly see my scale react more a couple of days later...good or bad!

Michele: Have you ever had to lose weight? I cannot imagine with all of your activity that you ever needed to lose an ounce! You do a great job of moving and mixing things up!

Rebel: Keep us posted on the grandbaby!

Natalie: Hope you feel better. You have done awesome on your weight lose!

Sally: Authors' night sounds wonderful! When we still lived in the Twin Cities, there was a Library Series called Pen Pals that sounds similar. I miss those. I love to read and love to hear what motivates and inspires someone to write, even though it is not something that I could do

I did a short hike this morning with DH and friends to a waterfall. Will get back out in a bit for another brisk walk around the mountain. It is sunny and beautiful here. My days are dwindling down and I will head to SC in less than 2 weeks.

Take care, all! Kackie:heart:
  • cathys01
    Options
    Hi Ladies:

I am back at work and going crazy. I feel like I was never even away :sad:

Michele - I love to read your posts; they are always so upbeat :heart:

Amanda - Have fun with your family; it sure sounds like a good time :wink:

Sally - Absolutely, you must look at the positive - I will take 10 lbs off anytime :laugh:

Natalie - Hope you are feeling better and that your knee is getting better :flowerforyou:

Barbie - So glad that you are doing so well :smile:

Sissy - Congrats!! You are amazing :drinker: I forget where you said you were going for your cruise but having just come home from mine, you must be getting excited to leave!! I know you will enjoy it.

Rebel - Let us know about your grandbaby :smile:

Well, I am trying to get back on track. I am tracking my food and getting more active again. My best friend/step sister is losing faster than I am so I have to catch up to her!! I have to make sure I stay on track!!

I have 2 of the grandkids coming for the weekend; that will be interesting as they always keep me on my toes.

Anyway, my Friends, I will go for now. Take care and I will talk to you soon.

Love, Cathy xx
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!All!Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
    Mom came home today.I don`t think that she gave the dr much choice.She was better and she was determined to go home and take care of herself.My sister went with her and I`m sure mom had her busy doing things.
    I`ll talk tomorrow,figured she would be worn out and I`m sure some of my siblings were calling her.
    My back is doing better if I do what the dr says,no extra ex,stairs only when necessary.No housework.I should think of it as a vacation from work,but it`s hard to pull back and let someone else do things you have been doing yourself.God Bless my loving and patient hubby.The dr was gonna order a MRI at one point,then decided against it.I`m ok with that.No fun laying on back and not moving,not sure I could even do it.See the dr mon.
    Wish i could comment on everyone,but the back limits my computer time.
    Just wanted to say Hi and thinking of all you.Those who are doing great,great job,those who are struggling,it will get better.Hang in there.
    HUGS~~to my new pals
    jane
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    randy and Pam - thanks so much for the compliment. For the senior league you have to be over (I think it is) 50 years old. Honestly, most of the people on the league are in their 70's and 80's. There's one lady who is in her 90's! I do have to hand it to these people, they are keeping active. OK, it's not real real active, but the fact that they're getting out and socializing says a lot.

Did an hour of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD today, levels 2 and 3. Just didn't stretch until the end. Guess it technically was something like 55 minutes, but calling it an hour to me is close enough. Tomorrow I'll probably do incline intervals on the treadmill. Then I'm going to play mahjongg at 10:00. Not sure if I'm expected to buy my lunch there or not, I would think so. Honestly at canasta a few women were talking about this place and that place where we can play mahjongg. But the only thing is that the places they were mentioning were restaurants, which would mean that I'd be expected to buy a lunch. If I play twice a week and lunch is probably going to be at least $6, that would be $12 a week. It's not that I'm opposed to spending the money if I really wanted something, but lots of times restaurants give you such huge portions, and many times I really don't want that much. I don't want to pay for something that I'm not going to eat. I've offered my home, but if they decide to go to restaurants I will probably just skip it.

There's an evening mahjongg tonight but I don't think I'll go. The crochet group was supposed to start up today but the lady who runs it had to cancel because she's going for an ultrasound, seems she's having gallbladder problems. Normally I go to crochet, leave a bit early and then go to canasta. I'll just go to canasta.

Had this desire to munch on something. It wasn't because I was hungry, but more because I was bored. So I took some of the apple cider vinegar and now I don't have that urge. That stuff really works for me!

You know, I could have sworn that I logged my breakfast last night, this morning I changed what I had so I went to update it. When I did, nothing was there! Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me who's probably screwing up?

Went to the canasta. Seems they had one extra person (me) so for $5 I got to spend 3 hours just sitting. What a waste! Then again, the lady who usually does this probably wouldn't but she's just out of the hospital (yesterday) having gallbladder surgery. She had a stone in her bile duct so they had to operate twice, once laproscopically and then to remove the stone. So I really can't fault the people who were just filling in for her.

Not sure what it is but yesterday and today my throat has felt "scratchy". I've just been drinking hot tea. Pretty soothing. It's probably because of the big change in the weather.

Sissy - awesome bloodwork

kackie - I've had to lose weight. I guess about 9 years ago Jessica went to her prom and there was a picture taken of me helping. My a** was so big, almost as big as my hips. Right then I got determined to lose that big backside. It's smaller now, but I have a feeling that if I let myself go, I could easily get it back, and that's one thing I don't want to do.

jane - so glad to hear your mom is home, but sad that you're having back problems.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele