I remember..

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I remember the day my tearful daughter told me she was pregnant. I was still a few years off 40 so it was quite the shock. I calmed her down and told her it would all be OK... and it was. I have to say those couple of years babysitting while she did some further education were some of the best in my life and it helped forge a very special bond between Skyla and I 🥰

Best mom

I had so much fun with her and still do... although my daughter half jokingly often says "mum its not funny to fill her full of sugar and send her home" 🤣😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I remember the day my tearful daughter told me she was pregnant. I was still a few years off 40 so it was quite the shock. I calmed her down and told her it would all be OK... and it was. I have to say those couple of years babysitting while she did some further education were some of the best in my life and it helped forge a very special bond between Skyla and I 🥰

Best mom

I had so much fun with her and still do... although my daughter half jokingly often says "mum its not funny to fill her full of sugar and send her home" 🤣😂
    🤣it’s a little funny ❤️
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember when I was pulled over for an expired registration and when the cop asked me if I had any outstanding warrants etc. etc. I said, “not that I know of.” And then he spent 20 minutes in his car and came back and said with obvious surprise & disappointment, “You have no record at all!”
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Best mom

🤣it’s a little funny ❤️

She laughs when she says it so its all good 😁

I try to remind myself that I have so many great memories.. seeing that little girls face for the very first time was magic. 💜
    This thread was created because I was thinking on how I have some pretty awful memories and thought to myself.. you also have some pretty awesome ones too... think on those 🙂
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Best mom

🤣it’s a little funny ❤️

She laughs when she says it so its all good 😁

I try to remind myself that I have so many great memories.. seeing that little girls face for the very first time was magic. 💜
    This thread was created because I was thinking on how I have some pretty awful memories and thought to myself.. you also have some pretty awesome ones too... think on those 🙂
    That is wisdom.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I remember having dreams when I was pregnant that my daughter was born with a full set of teeth. After I delivered her, the nurse was like "oh my God she has a tooth!" Turns out she was born with a calcium deposit on her gum, looked just like a tooth!
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember when I was a kid we stayed at my grandmas for I think about 6 months after my mum and dad divorced. My uncle Baz, mums youngest sibling still lived at home with grandma, he played Darts every Thursday night and he would bring a family sized caramello chocolate home and give to us 3 kids along with emptying out his pockets.. we were allowed to divide all the loose change he had 😁 I loved uncle Baz, he was the only sibling of my mums 10 brothers and sisters not married. He passed away 10 years later, a senseless death.. a simple hospital procedure went awry, he got septicemia and died... I still miss him 😔
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    tigrig wrote: »
    I remember when I was about 8 years old, I was at home by myself(grandparents lived 3 houses down) and was outside playing basketball. As I was doing my best 3pt attempts I had a man and 2 women walk over to me from the apartments across the street. They were talking to me and telling me how they needed a strong young man to help them move a couch inside of their unit. Me being the naive but always wanting to help kid I was, decided to go with them. They watched me move a couch around by myself and then said to come with them, they had something for me in their bedroom. As soon as the bedroom door shut, something told me to run or something really bad was about to happen. I busted through that door and felt like my feet never even touched the stairs on the way down. They chased me to the entrance of the apartment complex but thankfully gave up from there. Remember kids STRANGER DANGER 😅
    Ugh. Child predators. I’m i’m sorry that happened to you.

In my neighborhood they would’ve made a passing acquaintance with your parents first so you couldn’t call them strangers. And everyone would be like “those people? They would never do anything like that.”
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember Mrs. Kern, my grandmother’s next door neighbor. She was a German immigrant like many people in that neighborhood. Bavarian I think. It was a mostly Catholic neighborhood so I’m assuming. Though the Lutherans were well represented too.

Anyway. Mrs. Kern. She looked a little like Tasha Tudor with her headscarf & skirts.

She had a wonderful raised bed garden that mixed beauty & function. And she planted flowers beyond the fence that separated the backyards from the LIRR track so even they were beautified.

She made her own soap in the yard from scraps of fat she’d saved up.

She made the worst chocolate chip cookies but we always took them gratefully because she made them with love.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember culottes. If palazzo pants, capris, & knickerbockers all had a baby together it would be culottes.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I remember culottes. If palazzo pants, capris, & knickerbockers all had a baby together it would be culottes.

😂 Dead
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,684 Member
    Options

I loved my culottes! 😀
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I loved my culottes! 😀

I bet you have the legs for them too!
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    i remember when people smoked everywhere like inside the house and restaurants and everything
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,684 Member
    Options

I loved my culottes! 😀

I bet you have the legs for them too!

I was 5’7” in 6th grade.
    I hated it.
    There was only one boy in elementary school that was as tall as me.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I remember staying at my Nana's for school holidays, she was terrified of snakes. She was a cleaner at a small school and it was well known she was scared. Nana came home one day and used the first and only swear word I ever heard from her.. some kids had left picture books on their desks with pics of snakes ... she had to use a broom handle to close them. Boy she was mad.. 😂