Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Glad to hear you got news to celebrate. Sending good thoughts as you work through your treatments.

AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz wine)

Mocktail was Ginger Beer, OJ and Grenadine - playing with proportions and very satisfying.

Have a good day!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    @joans1976

So glad to hear your news. Now just the waiting game for your surgery.
    Are you still planning on your trip to Bali?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Sunday November 6th - AF - Maybe I got it out of my system, even if I didn't, I do want to string a bunch of AF days together.
    Monday November 7th - AF - Barely any work this week, which is usually a recipe for me to have drinks since I don't have anything pressing. Last week I was just too darned exhausted, and way too easily slipped right back into having drinks every single day. Terrible for my weight, and that has been my motivator since day 1: drink less to lose weight.

Rolling total: 2AF days out of 7 days
  • bethellen71
    bethellen71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to this thread. You all inspire me. I’m curious how you started the less alcohol journey.
    I would like to make some changes and looking for tips to just start.
    Thank
    You
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @bethellen71 Welcome! What great questions! I have only been here 5 months but have made great progress. I log everything I eat and drink into MFP so I went and tallied the month before and just told myself it would be less for the first month I was on this thread. That helped, just being more aware. I know some people set goals like no more than 2 drinks in a night, no more than 2 nights in a row, no drinking on work/school nights, all sorts of tricks. If you know how to search you can search for “October Less Alcohol Challenge” and you will see a full month of examples. Also there are great articles and tips on the first page of this thread. Best of luck to you!
  • joans1976
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy The “Beet” Lady! Yes, definitely still going to Bali! Just postponed. I’m pretty fatigued right now and have a lot of appointments then surgery the beginning of December. I was planning to leave December 17 and I just don’t think I’ll be healed enough by then. Not going to miss it though! 🍍🧉🔥
  • joans1976
    Options
    @bover145 Thank you for the kind words!
    You go with your experimental mocktails!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- Nov 5 A (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 6 - Nov 7- Nov 8- AF
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    November accountability: 2 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (15 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/8 - 3 drinks ; lunch 1 cucumber serrano margarita, dinner 2 wine
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - warm beet juice ... very creative!
  • joans1976
    Options
    Hey everybody! This is my 5th month and I am so grateful to have found this group!
    My goal is to not turn to alcohol this month no matter how stressful work or my physical health gets!
    Best wishes to everyone to meet their goals this month!

11/1-11/7: 7 AF
    11/8: AF
    Just so tired all the time.
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 8 (1wine)

Tried one on the drinks with hemp. It’s supposed to calm you … didn’t seem to make a difference. Still really stressed so had a glass of wine, too.

Looking forward to to a quiet tomorrow.