WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Welcome to the newbies. You will love these ladies. It moves very fast and I tend to get behind.
    Heather and Rori - your pictures make me smile. I can almost feel the warmth. So glad you are enjoying your vacations.
    KIm- Covid is enough by itself without all the other issues. Bless your heart!
    Barbara/I don’t even like to drive at night let alone in a storm. Glad you are ok.
    I did something to my thumb and wrist and it really hurts. Dh wrapped it for me so it can rest. Hope that helps.
    Later
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    edited November 2022
    Stats for the day-

Walk/jog w/yogi- 56.51min, 23elev, 3.70ap, 94ahr, 138mhr, 3.53mi= 346c
    Strava app = 432c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 16.13min, 95elev, 148aw, 22.4amph, 116ahr, 140mhr, 6.06mi= 112c
    Strava app = 137c
    Zwift stats- 16.19min, 96elev, 147aw, 53arpm, 40gear, 22.39amph, 6.09mi= 137c

Total cal 458
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member

Mary: So sorry to hear about your nephew. ((( Hugs)))

Heather: 🥰 the travelogue and photos

November Gratitude:
    1. smell. Vanilla ice cream
    2. technology. Internet - access to y’all
    3. colour. Golden tones of autumn
    4. food. Mussels in white wine
    5. sound. The sound of DH in the kitchen making morning tea
    6. nature. Woodland and mountains
    7. memory. Holding my 11 day old DGD on Christmas morning 1994
    8. book. All books 😝
    9. place. My garden
    10. taste. Chocolate
    11. holiday.
    12. texture.
    13. abilities.
    14. sight.
    15. season.
    16. about your body.
    17. knowledge.
    18. piece of art.
    19. touch.
    20. who.
    21. song.
    22. story.
    23. tradition.
    24. challenge.
    25. moment this week.
    26. form of expression.
    27. daily use item.
    28. what happen today.
    29. friend/family member.
    30. talent or skill

I’m best! 😝 Time for bed.
    🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    (((Mary))): I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. My heart goes out to you and your family.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Evening ladies
    Wow today just wiped me out..
    Mary- how terrible to hear about your nephew..my condolences to the whole family..
    I hope nobody got displaced by Nicole poor Florida has gotten its share this year of storms..
    Im going to contact the billing department and fight the 112.00 bill that is almost 2 yrs old thats just rediculous.. im going to see if they will just get rid of it..
  • pipcd34
    ||
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    We're dealing with the sudden death of my 42 year old nephew. He was found outside of his house. They think that it was a heart attack. The sad thing is that he was into the Dr 3 times and they missed it 🥺. He leaves behind his fiance and 2 year old daughter and two older sons 11 and 19. 💕🙏💕

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

I’m so sorry
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Mary - I’m so sorry! Prayers for your family.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,343 Member
    Mary, I'm so terribly sorry - it makes it so much worse when they're so young! My condolences to you and your family... :'(

Heather and Rori - your travels lighten my heart with every smile and every beautiful image...

Beth - I look for your posts, and hope your mom settles in easily and well...

To those who are new, we're so glad you're here, just keep coming back and you'll find your rhythm with us. Just know you're welcome.

Next week, Corey will run me up to get my iron infusion on Wednesday, looking forward to the drive there and back. The infusion is no big deal, it's like watching them run root beer in your veins, and only takes about 15 minutes. Then I have to chill out with them for another 20-30 minutes to make sure I don't have a reaction.

I don't know why the politics grabbed my attention so much this year that I couldn't seem to pull myself out of it. I read literally hundreds of articles a day, far far too much than was necessary or useful. Now that the election is over, I feel like I can finally dismiss my obsession and start writing instead of reading... I hope so, anyway.

Time to take my night-time pills and start getting ready for bed.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    (((Mary)))
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,022 Member
    I did my dumbbells Yay! Twenty reps. And still 27 calories over. That will teach me not to snack when I cook!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    ~~
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Barbara – Vince won’t eat ANY spice (or at least he SAYS he won’t). He finally admitted one time to a friend of mine that the reason he’s so pickey is because of the way his mother cooked. Her idea of spices was salt, pepper, and ketchup. One time we (his mother and I) went out and she had this chili with this orange stuff on top (cheddar cheese). She didn’t like any cheese (or so she said). She asked me what that orange stuff was and I just said “I honestly don’t know”. “It’s good” Many is the time he has eaten spices because I’ve hidden them and not had the taste of them be very strong and he never knew it. And I “accidentally on purpose” forgot to tell him. So even if he could put his own toppings on, if he knew what they were he most likely wouldn’t eat them. That’s why I got this chicken/cheese/vegetable thing for us along with chicken nuggets. I know he’ll eat the nuggets. Cheese? Forget it unless it’s on pizza. Vegetables other than corn and carrots? Forget it.

Next week I go to the dermatologist to have a skin tag removed. Really, it’s nothing other than a pain in the lower back side. I’m always afraid I’ll rub it against something and it’ll start bleeding. So for my peace of mind, I’m just going to have it removed.

Rita – that is contrails. Space shuttles make them all the time when they go up.

Called Jess to remind her to bring an ornament I bought at the NC State Fair, put in her pocketbook and forgot to get it from her. Decorated the one tree and, try as I might, I could not find the ornament she said she gave me from Iowa State. Honestly, I don’t remember her giving me an ornament but I didn’t tell her that. I did find a nice one on Amazon that’s a wooden sled. Anyway, I asked her what time they expect to be here and she said that now Teresa is thinking twice because of the “storm”. Vince told her that only 2-4” are expected here and 15mph winds. Who knows what’ll happen? I do have a fair amount of food bought, tho. Nicole wasn’t nearly as bad at the condo as they had feared, which is good

Beth – even have feet crossed for you and your mom that she is happy at the place.

Sue TX – hope you heal fast

Mary – so very sorry about your nephew. What a blow to the entire family! Prayers

Work and then the soup kitchen tomorrow

Want to take a shower and then get to bed.

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,743 Member
    Lisa … thank you

Mary … I’m so very sorry… there are no words for “out of order” deaths
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited November 2022
    Mary (((((hugs)))) to you and your family.💖😢🙏
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Mary, so sad about your nephew, far too young.

Evelyn, Vancouver Island