Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Womona I believe it is outpatient, a lot of it depends on how many lymph nodes come out and no one is sure of that yet. Yes, I will get to Bali 🌞🧉
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a good think I didn't read the fine print on last night's fundraiser invitation. It was a BYOB event! Husband and I had our refillable water bottles instead. Planning on 1 beer for tonight as we are headed to a brewery where we've joined the beer club. Will be fun!

Welcome to the new folks. This is a great thread and really helps on the AF journey. By way of example, before I started this thread I was probably 25A days in October and those weren't just 1 drink a day.

AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 -16 [total: 12]
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine), 12 (beer) [total: 4]
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I'm Robyn. I've been away but I'm back.
    11/13: Drinks (1) - Had a glass of wine. Plan was AF, but 1 is better than 2 :)
    11/14: AF - Had a virgin Cape Cod (club soda and cranberry) with dinner
    11/15: AF - Stuck to plan, 45-minute spin workout, another virgin cape cod
    11/16: AF - On a roll. Had a 70 calorie "Run Wild" NA IP with dinner.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Sunday November 13 - AF - I had a hankering for a Manhattan, but I didn't have any Vermouth and didn't go out to get any. Whew, that was far too many daily drinks days.
    Monday November 14 - AF - I guess that I just want to have drinks every day, but I know that it is disastrous for my weight. Long way yet to get to my 16 this month!!
    Tuesday November 15 - AF - Split shifts the next 2, getting home so late often leads to drinks for me, I will have to have some willpower considering I need at least 10 more AF days with the month already half over.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 15 days
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fun night at the local Art Walk - - although I don't think I walked enough to burn any calories! Goal is to be AF from now to the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Happy Friday!

AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 -16 [total: 12]
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine), 12 (beer), 18 (beer) [total: 5]
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement . I've read just about every book listed and done The Alcohol experiment twice. I also follow Kate Bee and Bex Weller faithfully. One of these days it is just going to stick.

Today may be that day!!!
  • Womona
    Options

Is that what they’re called? Who knew my go-to NA drink was a virgin Cape Cod!
  • Womona
    Options
    @joans1976 hope you’re feeling better today. Hey, no shame in not being a ray of sunshine every day, what with cancer sucking and everything.

@SunnyDays930 so sorry to hear about your niece, it’s so devastating and I know you must ache for her. Great insight and control not turning to alcohol to numb how awful you felt!!!
  • Womona
    Options
    Wine night at work, only had one glass, but I’ve been getting smart lately and have a serving of nuts about half an hour before, so it’s not on an empty stomach. I feel much better in the morning.

Planning on AF tonight. DS2 comes home from college tonight (or tomorrow, ya know, college students) and I can’t wait to see him!
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi All - I'm Robyn. I've been away but I'm back. I found that I don't meet my goals without the support of this group. My goal is 16-20 AF days in a month targeting no more than 2 drinks in a day and no more than 7 in a week.

11/13: Drinks (1) - Had a glass of wine. Plan was AF, but 1 is better than 2 :)
    11/15: AF - Stuck to plan, 45-minute spin workout, another virgin cape cod
    11/16: AF - On a roll. Had a 70 calorie "Run Wild" NA IPA
    11/17: Drinks (3) - Thursday night is date night (had 2 wines with dinner and a beer later with hubs). Also got into the late-night snacking. I hate it when I do that.

Rolling Total: 3 AF days out of 5
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

Is that what they’re called? Who knew my go-to NA drink was a virgin Cape Cod!

@Womona - Ha, ha! I made it up (I think) but it makes sense to call it that, right? :wink:
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I don't have my "happy" going on today but I am gonna try.

Planning to go easy on the food and drink until the holidays, stick to my 1000 calorie diet which doesn't allow more than 1 drink anyway and just "re-focus" on shopping and travel planning. Things that make me happy.

Protein shake is working well. Tastes like chalk, but I notice the flab tighten up and I have appetite control.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker

I tried the protein shake thing years ago.
    I'm glad that it gives you appetite control.

I now try to eat my calories instead of drink them, except for booze.

I hope that you get out and about somewhere on the weekend and don't have to work!