INTERMITTENT FASTING MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD

Options
BarbMessimer
BarbMessimer Posts: 265 Member
edited November 2022 in Success Stories
FASTING MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD 11/06/22

What happens when you haven’t eaten for a good long while and are delaying eating until your set time? During this period of time of “fasting” do you get sick and weak? Absolutely not. Instead, you get energized!

Your eyes open wider, brain activity is enhanced, and you become more aware, alert and mentally sharp. You’re more creative and get great ideas. You’re happier. You’re on a “natural high” with a bounce in your step!

Feeling this way is what I like most about IF and is far from how I felt prior to practicing it. I ate like most people, having several meals a day with snacks, especially one before bedtime. I was tired and sluggish all the time. I was extremely heavy and could hardly walk. I had knee and back pain so bad that the pain kept me almost bedbound. I was depressed. I rarely went out of the house unless it was to go to the doctor’s or a restaurant to eat. The doctor even gave me a disability parking permit because of my mobility impairment.

But all that is behind me now. I've lost 60 pounds and I love how I feel. I’ve become a “feel good” junkie. I love the almost euphoric feeling I get from IF and you can experience it too. By the way, it's free. No shakes, pills, injections or special meals to buy.

To start out, read everything you can online about IF and watch videos by Dr. Jason Fung and Dr. Pradip Jamnadas on YouTube. Start out slowly with just two meals a day and no snacking in-between. Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water, unsweetened tea or black coffee. You’ve got this!

Replies

• inrpc4u
    inrpc4u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Barb, how long did it take you to release 60 pounds and what IF protocol did you use? Thank you.
  • BarbMessimer
    Options
    lboyleav wrote: »
    IF has helped me to lose weight, stop the cravings and be able to go for long periods without food. But I have to admit I do use the bone broth by Dr. Kellyann that has 17 g of protein and is fabulous for intermittent fasting. I also do longer fast which my body seems to need since I have a thyroid issue. Just when Covid started I broke my right foot couldn’t drive or move and put on a Covid layer along with so many others totaling 28 pounds. I have now lost 28 pounds down to my normal adult fat left and I am planning to lose these 20 pounds.

Excellent! You must be so proud of yourself! I find it amazing how long I can go without food. Sometimes I think about food but it's more in the context of a passing thought... like maybe I'm bored and looking for something to do. Not real hunger. My night time cravings are getting under control too but still something I'm working on.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    lboyleav wrote: »
    IF has helped me to lose weight, stop the cravings and be able to go for long periods without food. But I have to admit I do use the bone broth by Dr. Kellyann that has 17 g of protein and is fabulous for intermittent fasting. I also do longer fast which my body seems to need since I have a thyroid issue. Just when Covid started I broke my right foot couldn’t drive or move and put on a Covid layer along with so many others totaling 28 pounds. I have now lost 28 pounds down to my normal adult fat left and I am planning to lose these 20 pounds.

Question: can you drink the bone broth during your fasting window?
  • brenn35
    brenn35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i just naturally go a long time before eating, I eat dinner at 5pm and dont eat at night and eat next morning around 8 a.m.
  • BarbMessimer
    Options
    Rich_SC wrote: »
    I’ve just started IF this week. Also doing 1600 cal. I’ve found that I have no problem doing 14-16 hours.

I usually eat dinner/snacks till 9pm then will eat my first meal at 2-3pm the next day. Previously I would eat a 5-600 cal for breakfast then skip lunch and then go hypoglycemic (sometimes getting diaphoretic) at around 2:00 and then eat everything in sight.

So far I’ve really liked how steady by blood sugar has maintained during the IF.

GOOD FOR YOU! I find it very easy to follow the principles of IF. I usually give my digestive system a 16 hour rest before eating again and eat protein and low carb whole foods when I do. I'm a completely different person than before I started. The biggest thing is the energy I have now. At 76 I can work circles around my much younger sister (14 years younger), and she can't imagine how I can do it. BTW, 2 years ago I was bedridden with back pain and have absolutely none now.
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We have gradually moved to a 16:8 IF naturally over the last 90 days. It fits our life, our long sleep schedules, etc. We did a LOT of reading, watching, research and we’re compelled to do a beginners 49 hour fast last week. Not for weight loss but other health related benefits. WOW! Felt fabulous in and now after the fast. We were doing butter coffee and coconut oil tea with soy sauce and the water with lemon or apple cider vinegar. So I guess that is called a dirty fast? I’m anxious to try the 72 hour fast for the immune system reset, stem cell therapy, full autophagy effects. I have also done a 48 hour protein sparing modified fast (~800 calories/day of lean protein and veg only with water). Actually felt better on a full fast. We are discussing doing a 24 hour once per week.

I recommend everyone consult their medical team, do the research IN DEPTH, be smart. There is some incredible scientific findings (particularly with cancer and cancer treatments) that are very exciting but fasting can be dangerous and can lead to damage and death. That said, there is very little risk of death for a healthy adult from a 16 hour period each day that is not for feeding.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!