Reason to smile today

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Had a guy gush over me because he couldn’t believe I was 20yrs older than him.
    I will always enjoy that. 😂

And you should! 🤗
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 617 Member
    __Tams__ wrote: »
    Got the job and can now go back to the gym.

Awesome! Must have been a great interview.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,505 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    My 13 yr old niece reminiscing with me about all the things we did when she lived with me for a year when she was 5....has me smiling ear to ear

Wow I can't believe it's been that long! I'm glad she's still in your life 🙂
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Hot homemade soup on a cold day!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,417 Member
    I’m sure I had many but I have not been in the mood to smile. 😠
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,155 Member
    My party today
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited November 2022
    Heat, water, a stove

Yesterday a tractor-trailer overturned and took out some powerlines and a transformer and we were without electricity most of the day which for us means we are without those things. I hear that the trucker is doing well and electricity was restored last night at about 7 PM

I really need to get a generator
  • crazyhorse8
    edited November 2022
    My 13-year-old deciphering my recipes written in cursive
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

Written in cursive...OMG!!! My mom was a 6th grade teacher for over 30 years and the writing lessons I got at home were constant as her favorite thing to teach was English and Creative writing. I remember all my assignments in school had to have perfect cursive hand writing on it or I had to do it over!!
    To this day, I appreciate this skill and cannot for the life of me figure out how the schools can get away with not teaching it as a requirement. You shouldn't sign a legal document in printed form! When my daughter was that age she had a hard time reading my notes to her...your post made me smile and go on a rant at the same time!
  • TwitchyMagee
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

Written in cursive...OMG!!! My mom was a 6th grade teacher for over 30 years and the writing lessons I got at home were constant as her favorite thing to teach was English and Creative writing. I remember all my assignments in school had to have perfect cursive hand writing on it or I had to do it over!!
    To this day, I appreciate this skill and cannot for the life of me figure out how the schools can get away with not teaching it as a requirement. You shouldn't sign a legal document in printed form! When my daughter was that age she had a hard time reading my notes to her...your post made me smile and go on a rant at the same time!

I guess it’s fine. They’ll muddle through somehow.

After all, I can’t do the copperplate of my great grandmother or even the perfect Palmer method of my grandmother. I also can’t do what my children do. They have learned skills that were never available to me.

But if it makes you feel better, some elementary schools are again teaching cursive. 😁

• StartOverAgain24
    StartOverAgain24 Posts: 14 Member
    That im alone at the office
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

I really love that you have these. Everything is so digital now. I'd laminate these 😊
  • TwitchyMagee
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

I really love that you have these. Everything is so digital now. I'd laminate these 😊

I’d like to somehow preserve the ones from my grandmother and great grandmother but I don’t know if lamination is the way to go because it’s probably not archival or acid free or whatever the right words are😂. If anyone has any tips let me know
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

I’d like to somehow preserve the ones from my grandmother and great grandmother but I don’t know if lamination is the way to go because it’s probably not archival or acid free or whatever the right words are😂. If anyone has any tips let me know

Last year my best friends sister had one of their grandma's famous recipes imprinted on a hand towel that she later framed. That might get expensive tho and you'll run out of wall space lol
  • TwitchyMagee
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

Last year my best friends sister had one of their grandma's famous recipes imprinted on a hand towel that she later framed. That might get expensive tho and you'll run out of wall space lol
    That’s an adorable idea! Maybe I’ll do that with one of the recipes nobody makes anymore.

• crazyhorse8
    argoqg9jll08.jpeg

I guess it’s fine. They’ll muddle through somehow.

After all, I can’t do the copperplate of my great grandmother or even the perfect Palmer method of my grandmother. I also can’t do what my children do. They have learned skills that were never available to me.

But if it makes you feel better, some elementary schools are again teaching cursive. 😁
    I am glad to hear that some are doing that again!