What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,706 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    There are no outlets to charge my phone on either nightstand at this hotel 😑
    Problem solved.
    wnw571nsyrua.jpg
    This is why I keep a power strip in my computer bag (I thought I left it at home but dug to the bottom and found it.)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Crap internet at work
    Problem solved.
    wnw571nsyrua.jpg
    This is why I keep a power strip in my computer bag (I thought I left it at home but dug to the bottom and found it.)

I need to do this but also just for in my apartment bc I’m struggling with this short *kitten* cord on my uv lamp. Right now it lives on my cat tree bc it’s the only surface it can reach. Sorry, this is 100% irrelevant.
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Crap internet at work
    Problem solved.
    wnw571nsyrua.jpg

I need to do this but also just for in my apartment bc I’m struggling with this short *kitten* cord on my uv lamp. Right now it lives on my cat tree bc it’s the only surface it can reach. Sorry, this is 100% irrelevant.
    @OpheliaCooter, here are a couple of decent options for you. The first one has a 10 ft. cord and more outlets than the one I travel with; I like the cord. (And it's on sale for the next 2 hrs.) The second one has a 15 ft cord
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Had a coupon for a free package of Quest mini peanut butter cups so snuck off to Target to pick up a pack so I could use the coupon. They wouldn't accept it! It's a manufacturer's coupon. Target has gone to hell (not just cuz of this).

Then I stopped off at the gas station to get my afternoon diet coke and the soda fountain is out for a few days. Not just no carbonation or no ice out. OUT out. Which means I have to go the other way to a different gas station to get the soda which screws me up timewise because I also pick up a smoothie for my boss and that's near the first gas station.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    When I do all the things in my power to make sure the day goes well and some *kitten* has to come and *kitten* it up
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    My sister at home alone cleaning out the pantry and sending me pics of her throwing out expired items
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    My sister at home alone cleaning out the pantry and sending me pics of her throwing out expired items

Which part irks you - pics you don’t want - or she didn’t use intime or donate - or she’s throwing away but you think exp dates are arbitrary and she could still eat ??
  • cmsienk
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Which part irks you - pics you don’t want - or she didn’t use intime or donate - or she’s throwing away but you think exp dates are arbitrary and she could still eat ??
    I had similar questions. Are you irked she's alone and didn't invite you to help... or that the food is being wasted... or that she's blowing up your phone with pictures?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I had similar questions. Are you irked she's alone and didn't invite you to help... or that the food is being wasted... or that she's blowing up your phone with pictures?

She plays a little fast and loose with the dates. She threw out a perfectly good can of SpaghettiOs that only “expired” in 2018.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

She plays a little fast and loose with the dates. She threw out a perfectly good can of SpaghettiOs that only “expired” in 2018.

😂

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When people are suddenly solicitous and obliging after they’ve done you dirty
  • cowsfan12
    Options

But we know these hoes ain’t loyal Amirite
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

But we know these hoes ain’t loyal Amirite
    📠
  • Librarylizard2009
    Librarylizard2009 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to just be irked at the cold? I move places because my partner's job requires it, but I really dislike the cold, the wind, the ice or having to drive around on a road with idiots who don't know how to drive well in the snow, despite them being local people who ought to be used to it by now.

Still, the mountain view every morning I drive sure is pretty.

Yes!! I don’t like it really cold, despite where I was born you’d think I would like the cold, but noooo. The skin on my hands Start to crack and hurt bad.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the same thing that irked me yesterday and the day before. :(
    I have been more than irked,
    I’ve been mad.
    It’s been years since I’ve felt this angry and I’m finding it exceptionally frustrating.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    The pharmacy doesn't have my son's antibiotics for his ear infection because it's on back order. So now I have to call around to see which pharmacy has it in stock 😑

Both Augmentin and amoxicillin alone have been hard to get