So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Good to see you. Aren’t you glad you didn’t get upwards of six feet of snow? I can’t imagine how I would cope with that. Mm, dinner looks good. I’m starving. Viktor I’ll have the prime rib dinner, too. Coffee and pumpkin pie topped with pecan streusel and whipped cream for dessert, please. I’m ready to sit by the fire this evening. It didn’t go above 48 degrees today and by midnight tonight it’s supposed to be below freezing. Brr.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, we've gotten a little less then 6 feet, but not that much. I couldn't either unless I was well stocked and ready to spend the next few days indoors after the storm. They don't shovel us out too well around here. I think I'm going to move into the cyber cafe for the winter. My room is still available upstairs Viktor informed me as I came in shivering. That's why I'm planted by the fire in the dining room this evening. I really need to thaw out. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and yes an iced mocha. I think I'll be warm enough by then. The big screen tv is up on the far wall and Viktor has keyed in the old Magnum P I series. I just requested anything from Florida or Hawaii and he came up with that. We also have Hawaii 5 O the old and the new and CSI S from Los Vegas and Florida. I just want to watch anything that'll keep my mind off the cold for a bit.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yum, Magnum PI. I see I’m just in time for the start of another show, Zzyyggy. Betty’s Gingerbread 7Layer Bars looked really delicious, I’m having some of those and coffee, of course. I don’t know why it says they’re 7 layers because they aren’t.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Tonight I'm in the mood for barbecue and I see Francois has the grills all set up. I'm going to have a grilled porter house steak with potatoes and corn on the cob with lots of butter on everything. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and iced mocha. I think they call them 7 layers because it has a nice ring to it maybe. I don't know either. Hannaford's was almost sold out of the Turkeys when I checked this morning. I got a roast beef to have for dinner tomorrow night. They were on sale as well, and I haven't had a good roast beef in awhile.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Roast beef sounds really good, Zzyyggy. I mean the steak is nice, too. My mom used to make roast beef with baked potatoes and gravy. That would be really good with oven roasted vegetables and rolls or biscuits. I’m craving carrots. I’m making them on Thursday. I’ll roast them in the oven with minced onions, butter and a little bit of brown sugar. The carrots and onions get caramelized and they are so yummy.

Onto dessert—Sweetie wants Italian cheese cake with a layer of mousse on top drizzled with warm chocolate fudge sauce. For me, a cafe mocha and milk chocolate turtles. Francois makes the best caramel and when he makes turtles they are heavenly.
  • SkipperScott50
    SkipperScott50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'll start with drizzled goat cheese kisses, paired with a Attems 2020 Cicinis Sauvignon Blanc. For the entree', I'll have a fillet, medium rare, smothered in Burgundy mushrooms, served with a twice baked potato, loaded with all the toppings. Some asiago mashed cauliflower also, please. I'll need a 2019 Beaux Freres Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to enjoy with that.
    For dessert I'll have the toasted marshmallow butterscotch pie and a chilled glass of Arthur Metz
    Grand Terroir Crémant d'Alsace Brut. Thank you.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone. SkipperScott50 welcome to the Cyber Cafe. Great order. Come by tomorrow and we'll have the Thanksgiving bar all set up where you can serve yourself all of your Thanksgiving favorites. Tonight though I'm going to have pizza. I see that Francois has the outside pizza ovens set up and I'll take mine with the works, and some barbecued wings with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm going to enjoy the sunshine out on the terrace tonight and watched the sunset. The sun has already set around here.
  • LindaK125
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Welcome SkipperScott! Hmm, everything looks delicious this evening. Jorge is manning the pizza oven and I asked him for a super veggie pizza with fresh, sliced tomato, artichokes, red peppers, onion, mushrooms, and black olives. Yum. Viktor is behind the bar this evening and he said they just got in my favorite porter, the Lazy Jake Porter from Long Valley Brew Pub. And then dessert. I’m wondering what toasted marshmallow butterscotch pie tastes like. Oh, and coffee, of course.

I missed the sunset, Zzyyggy. I’ve been running around all day trying to get things ready for tomorrow and by 4:30 I decided to just lie down for a little bit. Well, two hours later I woke up. So much for trying to avoid insomnia by sticking to a sleep schedule with no naps. Hey, but the best thing is the house is clean, the vegetables are prepped, and Sweetie mowed the lawn and blew off the leaves (nobody seems to rake around here). We’re supposed to have lots of rain over the weekend, so this could be the last of the leaves, except for maybe the sweet gum tree:

slmorhma1t4s.jpeg

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy Thanksgiving. Francois, Viktor, Igor, and Jorge have the place beautifully set up for the big meal. The bar has alot of the favorites on it including the stuffing, turkey and gravy. The mashed potatoes and squash, and green beans. Lots of dinner rolls with that please. For dessert I'll have the apple, and pumpkin pie, and an iced mocha. I just got home from my Thanksgiving dinner and everything was so good. Now I'm going to finish this up and go to bed. I'm pooped. I have left overs for the next few days.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy, Happy Thanksgiving! I love the leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. The cybercafe looks beautiful and dinner was delicious. Francois is amazing. His mini pecan pies are divine. I think I’ll head into the Club Room and crawl into my recliner and sleep off my food coma. Speaking of food coma, oh my, Sweetie outdid himself this year. We made almost everything together, but he did all the heavy lifting. He did all the cleanup because my arthritis was acting up. I’m so fortunate to have his help.

Ah, Viktor is the perfect waiter, he just brought me a nice hot cup of tea. See y’all tomorrow.
  • SkipperScott50
    Options
    Thank you, Linda and Zyyggy. I trust all had a magnificent Thanksgiving. Wondring if the cyber cafe serves breakfast? If so, I'd like the chef to prepare a loaded souffle', served with crispy potato wedges and honeydew melon. A few mimosas would be nice as well, made with fresh squeezed orange juice, a splash of pineapple juice and a Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label Champagne. Thank you!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yes, SkipperScott, breakfast is always available at the cybercafe. The motto here is “if you can dream it, you can eat it.” Not only does Francois, the cybercafe’s amazing chef, make the world’s best cinnamon buns, he serves the best Sunday brunch. Francois also knows how to make everyone’s favorite food. Then there’s Viktor, the cybercafe’s most excellent psychic waiter and drink master.

Viktor, I’d like a bowl of turkey soup with some of those sweet little dinner rolls and a glass of iced tea, please. I’ll take that out on the terrace where I can enjoy this beautiful day.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome back SkipperScott. Francois our amazing chef also knows how to do any other restaurant's secret or not so secret recipe so if you want a bucket of Fried chicken from the Coronel, or a quarter pounder with cheese we have them. In fact I'll have the double quarter pounder with cheese with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have the soft serve chocolate ice cream cone with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Did I mention I was in need of a chocolate fix. Linda may I join you on the terrace? it's so nice out here with all that sunshine and 73 degree weather.
  • SkipperScott50
    Options
    After all that turkey, I'm in the mood for some Texas style smoked brisket, hot buttered corn on the cob, and a side of angel bisquits with chocolate gravy. Oh course I'll need a bottle of Paul Jaboulet Aîné Les Grandes Terrasses Cornas Syrah, 2015, to pair with that. The stringed quartet in cafe sounds lovely tonight...
  • LindaK125
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Apparently everyone is staying home and eating leftovers! Ah, Viktor, yes, I’d like some shrimp and grits, sautéed green beans, and biscuits, please. Iced tea to drink will be great. Thanks for lighting the fire pits out here on the terrace. It’s a little chilly since the temperature has dipped down under 68 degrees at night at the cybercafe. Of course, the recliners all have heated seats and I’ve got my sweater handy if I need it. I’m ready to spend the evening out here in my recliner reading my book. I’ve got my M&M’s, too, so I’m good. Maybe the stringed quartet could do a repeat performance this evening. I like baroque—even Useless (the cat) likes baroque. I tested this. I played some Rolling Stones, the cat left. I turned back to baroque, the cat returned. Then I played some Jimi Hendrix, same thing, Even tried U2. It’s baroque or nothing for this cat.
  • SkipperScott50
    Options
    LindaK125 wrote: »
    I like baroque—even Useless (the cat) likes baroque. I tested this. I played some Rolling Stones, the cat left. I turned back to baroque, the cat returned. Then I played some Jimi Hendrix, same thing, Even tried U2. It’s baroque or nothing for this cat.

Well, if it's not baroque, don't fix it. :-)

• Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, I missed yestarday I'm sorry. I slept straight through the afternoon, and only woke up for dinner. Fortunately Myfitnesspal doesn't penalize you for missing a day though so I'm still on track. Cute joke Skipperscott. That was an interesting test you did Linda but how can anyone not like the Rolling Stones. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a slice of prime rib with baked potato and salad. Lots of butter on that baked potato and a coca cola please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple crumb pie with vanilla ice cream and a cafe mocha. I can't get enough of apple pies lately even though my niece sent me home with left overs. I'm finishing up the last of those tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Still giggling, but according to the cat if it’s not baroque, don’t play it. That cat does not have a sense of humor when it comes to music. Oh Zzyyggy, your dessert order sounds wonderful. I’m ordering that, too. Dinner first, though. Viktor is bringing my torta asada right out. I’m sure he’ll remember the chips and dips, too. I can’t wait. I’m starving tonight.
  • SkipperScott50
    Options
    In honor of Linda's cat, tonight I am going to have the chef prepare Garfield's favorite meal for me. That's right...lasagna. Made with delicious DeLallo noodles, oozing with loads of mozzarella and ricotta cheese, and covered in the most rich, sweet Bolognese sauce you've ever tasted. I believe I'll have the gouda-stuffed breadsticks and honey roasted carrots with that. And of course...a 2016 Terra di Seta Ermo Colle Chianti. And sure....why not, a generous slice of apple crumb pie à la mode.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm moving into the cyber cafe for the Winter. Our temps dropped again and it was cold out there today with a cold north wind blowing. I'll hang around here with the 78 degrees any time. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Had the real thing at Starbucks this morning. Only I had it hot. It's also getting dark outside earlier again.