Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - Wow on the shoveling and the temperature outside! I would have wanted that drink after that.

What is the 6-minute thing? I'm behind on posts.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Tuesday November 22 - AF - A busy workday for Wednesday was all of the motivation that I needed to stay AF.

@RockinRobyn672 Cravings pass after 6 minutes apparently. Some days however when I am trying not to have alcohol I might have to do 5 of them : - )

Rolling total: 11AF days out of 22 days
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! Things are hectic (in a good way) with the holiday. Stayed AF yesterday. Today is a planned A day. One wine? 2?
    Like @RockinRobyn672 I’m bringing some AF supplies! Planning ahead!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! This is my 5th month and I am so grateful to have found this group!
    My goal is to not turn to alcohol this month no matter how stressful work or my physical health gets!
    Best wishes to everyone to meet their goals this month!

11/1-11/7: 7 AF
    11/8-11/14: 7 days AF
    11/15-11/21: 7 days AF

11/22: AF
    I slept horribly last night-too much on my mind.
    I see so many struggling with the fact of Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow. I wish it didn’t cause so much stress. I wish we didn’t have it built up in our minds as some epic, perfect feast.
    My dad will buy me a giant Costco bottle of Baileys (even though he hasn’t seem me drink in months) and it will be hard to resist. I plan to resist though.
    11/23: AF
    I really considered having a drink last night just to “take the edge off.” I was feeling pretty bad emotionally and thought maybe a drink would help. Then I thought about the last time I drank to help emotionally and how it turned into 6 drinks and how hungover and ashamed I was. Also there is *no* way I can deal with family today hung over. So I didn’t have a drink but I did go to bed really early. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options

Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- Nov 5 A (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 6 - Nov 7- Nov 8- AF
    Nov 9 -10- 11-12 A - (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 13- 14 - 15 - AF
    Nove 16-17-18-19 (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 20- AF
    Nov 21 - A (wine 2 glasses)
    Nov 22 - A (wine 2 glasses)
    Nov 23 - A (1 beer)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Happy holiday wishes to those celebrating. And back at everyone that sent out wishes on here.

Last night I was just about to blindly pour some alcohol in my hot cocoa. Stopped, stepped back and asked myself WHY?

Oh....it was because I saw a holiday commercial on TV and they were being social with drinks. Not a good enough excuse for booze in my precious hot cocoa.

Today I did have half a glass of premixed "A" eggnog with dinner. Then switched to water. Those eggnog calories come on quick in the form of thigh expansion on me. So I have to be careful.

@forestdweller1 I can never remember how to get to my home page where the friend requests and messages come in. I just automatically come to the monthly thread.

Willy nilly folks I have never heard of or spoke with used to constantly plague my home page. Some pretty rude/crude messages. Better to stick with those who you know on a nice thread. 😁

I would rather have the quality of our thread than a quantity of friend requests. 👍

@globalhiker sorry to hear you also had to go through having biopsies. Thinking of you.

Now time for some sweet potato pie! 🥧

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! This is my 5th month and I am so grateful to have found this group!
    My goal is to not turn to alcohol this month no matter how stressful work or my physical health gets!
    Best wishes to everyone to meet their goals this month!

11/1-11/7: 7 AF
    11/8-11/14: 7 days AF
    11/15-11/21: 7 days AF

11/22: AF
    I slept horribly last night-too much on my mind.
    I see so many struggling with the fact of Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow. I wish it didn’t cause so much stress. I wish we didn’t have it built up in our minds as some epic, perfect feast.
    My dad will buy me a giant Costco bottle of Baileys (even though he hasn’t seem me drink in months) and it will be hard to resist. I plan to resist though.
    11/23: AF
    I really considered having a drink last night just to “take the edge off.” I was feeling pretty bad emotionally and thought maybe a drink would help. Then I thought about the last time I drank to help emotionally and how it turned into 6 drinks and how hungover and ashamed I was. Also there is *no* way I can deal with family today hung over. So I didn’t have a drink but I did go to bed really early. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating!
    11/24: AF
    My parents really really pushed wine on me yesterday and I said no thank you 5 times and finally the sixth time I said stop asking, I don’t want it! I don’t remember them being so pushy before. My mom was pretty drunk by dinner (2:00) but I’m not going to tell her how to live her life. Other than that, a smooth day.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    November accountability: 6 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (43 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/24 - 4 wine ; Happy Thanksgiving! 2 wine at Thanksgiving lunch plus 2 in the evening after returning home
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @MissMay - Fort Walton Beach is much nicer than Pensacola! Good choice. Love the white sandy beaches in Destin which is near there. I have a friend that lives down near Seaside / Rosemary Beach which is a little quieter. Wait until you experience spring break next year ... oh boy! Enjoy your fun in the sun instead of freezing your kister off.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @MissMay - Fort Walton Beach is much nicer than Pensacola! Good choice. Love the white sandy beaches in Destin which is near there. I have a friend that lives down near Seaside / Rosemary Beach which is a little quieter. Wait until you experience spring break next year ... oh boy! Enjoy your fun in the sun instead of freezing your kister off.

Yes, I am familiar with the Destin area also. My parents lived in Florida for 15 years and moved quite a few times: both coasts + the Gulf/Panhandle (Destin). It was nice to be able to go to Florida to visit them : - )
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Had a great Thanksgiving with family. Dinner tonight with friends then we fly home and back to warm weather. I’m not in love with 50 degrees and below!

AF - Nov 1-4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 -17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24 [total: 18]
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine), 12 (beer), 18 (beer), 23 (too many wines) [total: 6]