Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1) Prepare my bike for the bike trainer
    2) No phone/tablet game

Always a sad day when the bike moves indoors for the winter... What do you ride?

I'm a Roadie, ride a Trek Madone 5. Pipa is a good bike, but I've not been deserving of her lately. She's geared for speed and when I was lighter and more fit I could climb with her just fine when I wasn't racing. Now I walk a hill or 2 from time to time. Need to rectify that with new gearing or a smaller me.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Fresh start today. Going to let the last 2 months go and do better this month. Not perfect, just better. 'Cause I know I'll indulge a few days this month.

I'm going back to what worked for me. Mini meals every 2.5-3 hours, lower carbs (not no carbs), LOGGING my food and setting goals. Gotta get some water in as well. Maybe even start working out again. The bloat is real right now. Wore a pair of pants I bought in October and I had a belly bulge. No thank you! I'll weigh in next week, and see where I am after I flush out the excess of Thanksgiving.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00am :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Breakfast :smiley:
    - Work on identifying unknown material
    - Mini Meals
    - Log food
    - Lower carb meals
    - Drink more water, start with 32oz/day work up to 64oz/day
    - Finish decorating the house for Christmas (minus putting ornaments on the tree, will wait for V to be home for that tomorrow).
    - Reasonable dinner (Skip the rolls)
    - Bed by 11:00pm

Feels good to set goals again, even though none are major.

Have a stellar day y'all!

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,737 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hour commitment - trip home today. I won’t eat anything else until after 12 pm. I can still have my dose of metamusal before we leave. For lunch, can have all or some of the following: up to 4 of the date rolls, 2 of the mandarin cups, the last small cheese, 1 chobani, and a little of DH’s candy crap. Will be glad to get home to my own food again!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Fresh start today. Going to let the last 2 months go and do better this month. Not perfect, just better. 'Cause I know I'll indulge a few days this month.

I'm going back to what worked for me. Mini meals every 2.5-3 hours, lower carbs (not no carbs), LOGGING my food and setting goals. Gotta get some water in as well. Maybe even start working out again. The bloat is real right now. Wore a pair of pants I bought in October and I had a belly bulge. No thank you! I'll weigh in next week, and see where I am after I flush out the excess of Thanksgiving.

JFT Monday
    - Work on identifying unknown material
    - Mini Meals
    - Log food
    - Lower carb meals
    - Drink more water, start with 32oz/day work up to 64oz/day
    - Finish decorating the house for Christmas (minus putting ornaments on the tree, will wait for V to be home for that tomorrow).
    - Reasonable dinner (Skip the rolls)
    - Bed by 11:00pm

Eugh I'm the same! Just starting over and forget the damage ive done!
    Weighed myself again today 178lb. 6lb off my highest weight.
    So I've done the same as you just thought nope, time to get back on it and stop messing about.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    5LB CHALLENGE

28th Nov
    SW: 178 :(
    CW: 178
    GW: 170

(I want to try lose 8lbs by new year, bit of a push but at the very minimum I want to lose the 5! But aiming for 8!)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    JFT 11/28 M
    1) Walked dog 3.72 mi mild temp (still winter coat but not layers & thin gloves), no wind & high, thin clouds :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) SIL staying over, going to Golden Corral this afternoon... eat healthy in moderation & try to log best guess / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Put clean dishes away, including crockpot & platters / car wash & wax (prep for winter) / declutter in family room to prep for Christmas creches & decorations / pay DDS bill / check DVR / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour lunch - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    ]
    πŸ³πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ³πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ³
    🐳🐬NOVEMBER 2022🐬🐳
    πŸ³πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ³πŸ¬πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ³

Focus for November: Drop a couple of lbs in anticipation of the festive seasons
    Eat under goal!

πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯—
    Active hours > 6
    πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    Current Solid Habits
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    Still. Still on track.

No rest for the wicked!!! 😝

πŸ¦„ Terri

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for Monday
    - yoga βœ…
    - 40 oz of water ❌
    - Log all food βœ…

Didn’t eat or drink nearly enough today. So much for a fresh start 😞
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    JFT - Nov 27

JFT - Nov 28
    Weight - 195

Definitely going in the wrong direction weight wise. I need to rein myself in and I’m finding it so difficult.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Didn't get on here last nite .. so busy, and just ran out of time.. then it was time for bed.

Did a little better today .. except I got into the raisins and cashews. I need to do like @TerriRichardson112 said .. and put them harder to get to!

JFt, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to gym or walk.. suppose to be close to 70 tomorrow, then gets cold again
    4. evening snack .. NO raisins or nuts!!! can have frozen grapes, apple, or protein bar or protein shake, or popcorn. But only 1 .. ha .. not all of them!

5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26: 209. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch . I've heard so many people say that mini meals are so much better. I tried that myself, but somehow then I ended up eating too much. But I know for so many eating that way works!

@Bex and @Snowflake68 -- you can do it! Its is hard though this time of year! I've been trying extra hard, but I think the holidays just make it really hard.. plus the gloomy weather. I know I need sunshine! So I'm thinking even if we can not gain .. consider that a win win.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 11/29/2022 (tomorrow)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today.(last 11/12) Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 11/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    ================== 4DW started (none for now) =============
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Work on identifying unknown material :smiley:
    - Mini Meals :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Lower carb meals :smiley:
    - Drink more water, start with 32oz/day work up to 64oz/day :(
    - Finish decorating the house for Christmas (minus putting ornaments on the tree, will wait for V to be home for that tomorrow). :smiley:
    - Reasonable dinner (Skip the rolls) :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00pm :(

Yesterday went well, other than water consumption. I'll take 90% as a win.

I finished decorating inside the house and hubby finished the exterior. We did a fun Grinch theme outside this year. I think it turned out very cute. It kind of dwarfs the nativity, but it is in a different area of the yard so it's ok.

a59junrhjed4.jpg
    0hz42iy339uh.jpg

Today is a light day, just work & Bible study.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 6:20 :smiley:
    - 6:30 meeting :smiley:
    - Other miscellaneous meetings
    - Mini meals
    - Log food
    - Drink water
    - Stay green
    - Home by 3:30
    - Reasonable low-ish carb dinner
    - Bible Study
    - Bed by 11:00

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 11/29
    - yoga
    - 40 oz of water
    - Log all food
    - Nutritionist appointment

Trying to pretend yesterday just didn’t happen. Hopefully my appointment goes okay and I’ve actually managed to hit the goal weight I have in mind. It would be a very small victory but I feel like I haven’t had any victories lately so I’ll take what I can get.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for 11/29
    - yoga
    - 40 oz of water
    - Log all food
    - Nutritionist appointment

Trying to pretend yesterday just didn’t happen. Hopefully my appointment goes okay and I’ve actually managed to hit the goal weight I have in mind. It would be a very small victory but I feel like I haven’t had any victories lately so I’ll take what I can get.

I saw your post from yesterday, you still achieved 2 out your 3 goals! I know it might have not gone exactly to plan, but you're still here, you're holding yourself accountable by logging what you are eating!
    Good luck for today, let us know how you get on and if you haven't reached your goal weight try not to beat yourself up about it and keep going! The point is your trying, and you might not feel like you are because you're not seeing results but you're here aren't you?, so you're trying and that's all that matters!
    Big hugs xx
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 11/29/2022 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today.(last 11/12) Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 11/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except my dose of metamusal..
    Since MFP is closed the blogs, I moved my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    ================== 4DW started (none for now) =============
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I know it's late, but I need to hop on right now for accountability before I miss another day!

It's gray and rainy, and my mood seems to match it today. It's going to be a longggggg winter...*sigh*

Just for Today
    • Drink 64 oz water [FOCUS FOR THIS MONTH]
    • Eat for hunger, NOT entertainment.
    • Pay attention to ENOUGH vs FULL. Stop at ENOUGH.
    • 24H Plan and Assess. Send to AG.
    • Close Activity Rings on watch
    • 15 minutes sewing room declutter / 15 minutes digital declutter
    • Self-Dev (15 min)
    • Self-Care (15 min)
    • FIFA World Cup - watch US vs Iran match
    • Evening Routine: Clean kitchen, set up coffeemaker, brush & floss teeth, remove makeup, readings, gratitude journal, iPad time, lights out on time. Set alarm for morning and NO HITTING SNOOZE!

THIS WEEK:
    • December budget
    • Gather Christmas card addresses
    • Start Christmas gift list
    • Begin Christmas baking. Make one batch of cookies or bread.
    • Go to PF one time!!! Just DO IT!
    • Make at least one new WFPB recipe. Research ideas.
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a weird challenge....

Context: Ive been trying to trim up for years now. I had an easy time going from a 27.9 BMI to 22.7. All i did was cut out starches and ate as much as i want. Now that's stopped working, but i still have ten pounds left. I had success with calorie counting but it killed my energy and i gained the ten pounds back. I tried every diet, but all gave me some sort of trouble.

But then something weird happened. I quit my caffeine teatotaling ways. On days i drink, my appetite is completely different. Instead of being hungry constantly, im only hungry three times a day. And i never overeat; even the slightest bit of overeating makes me feel terrible. Im also calmer and have an easier time saying no to food. I think i found my secret weapon. Maybe not, but im eager to give it a chance.

There's a caveat tho: Im not used to consuming caffeine regularly. Its very easy for me to forget to and eat like how i used to. I have the opposite problem of the average joe!

So this is my goal for today and for tomorrow: Drink as much caffeine as i want, as long as i have at least one cup of coffee (or equivalent) before noon, and one after but before the sun sets.

If i can make this a habit, then i have a feeling it will serve as a great base going on for weightloss and fitness.

I'll report back Thursday morning.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. THINK PINK. Duolingo. Create thumbnails for SJ videos.
    2. Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script.
    3. Shoot Countee Cullen video. Shoot pass log video. Shoot Book I Love antho video.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads! Continue drafting unit plans.
    5. Write S&F and Clois. VITAL: check bingo worksheets; students enter course requests!
    6. Tutoring PM! Be sure to check in w KB about quiz.
    7. VOTE.
    8. Evening: Livestream! Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Thu Dems mtg / podcast. Fri thrifting for angel tree/ secret Santa. Sat crafty @ library 2P w mom, then massage! Sun EGL 4-close. Can work NYE/Day.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 203.4

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus. Eardrums seem to be fully healed. Still dealing with a small amount of hearing loss and incessant ringing (though less severe). Grateful for continued improvement!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.