Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn Hugs to you. Family drama! Ugh. Hang in there!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 We’re all rooting for you!

@tmbg1 sorry to hear you had a rough day at work. Hey at least you didn’t go too nutty with the wine!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    1.5 glasses of wine last night. Altogether not bad. At least my food was under control! Baby steps. I told my husband I want lipo for Christmas! Haha! Just suck out that extra fat and do a reset. But I know it’s not how that works.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I want to re-start my old habit of posting every morning when I get up. It sets "intention" for the day. Frankly, I've slipped the past few months since I started posting every other evening. 1 can of wine last night. Doesn't sound like much, but my doctor says at my age and situation, it's just toxic.

I going to bite the bullet and buy several cases of pellegrino, my fizzy-wine replacement. I had stopped since it doubled in price but if it slims me up and I avoid the wine, suppose it's worth it.

(side note: Also started taking DIM today to lower my estrogen since it was so high and may explain the ridiculous weight gain. I look prego. I'm theorizing the wine is just boosting my estrogen, not a good thing. Doctor told me to ditch the flaxseed too. Found out it was "hidden" in my vitamins and protein powder. Another estrogenic compound. Geez.)
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi All - I've been away but I'm back starting 11/13. I have found that I don't meet my goals without the support of this group and I've also missed everyone. Since I started late, my goal this month is 10 AF out of 18.

11/27: AF - Back on a regular routine
    11/28: AF

I found an inspiring article, that I'm hoping will keep me inspired, which includes a tip about alcohol - Late night snacking could be ruining your health — here’s how to trick your body into stopping. The hardest habit that I'm trying to break is late night drinking and snacking. I managed to pull it off last night (an AF night). It's much easier not to get into late night snacking on the AF days.

Rolling Total: 7 AF Days out of 16
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @joans1976 - I wish there were more that I could do but please know that I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    One easy way to find these threads is to go to the Community tab from MFP, then search for "Less Alcohol".
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    1.5 glasses of wine last night. Altogether not bad. At least my food was under control! Baby steps. I told my husband I want lipo for Christmas! Haha! Just suck out that extra fat and do a reset. But I know it’s not how that works.

@womona - I very much relate to your recent comments - these and up through Thanksgiving! :smiley: I was on the same path.
  • joans1976
    Options
    Hey everybody! This is my 5th month and I am so grateful to have found this group!
    My goal is to not turn to alcohol this month no matter how stressful work or my physical health gets!
    Best wishes to everyone to meet their goals this month!

11/1-11/7: 7 AF
    11/8-11/14: 7 days AF
    11/15-11/21: 7 days AF
    11/22-11/28: 7 days AF
    11/29: AF
    Rolling total 29 out of 29 days AF

I cannot believe it’s going to be December! November flew by!
    Have a great Wednesday everyone
  • joans1976
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672 What a kind thing to say! You can help by telling me to stop whining when I get too dramatic!
    Another way to easily find this thread is to flag it (in the upper right corner of the comments) and then the next time go to “community” then to “bookmarks” and it will open right to where you left off.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- Nov 5 A (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 6 - Nov 7- Nov 8- AF
    Nov 9 -10- 11-12 A - (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 13- 14 - 15 - AF
    Nove 16-17-18-19 (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 20- AF
    Nov 21 - A (wine 2 glasses)
    Nov 22 - A (wine 2 glasses)
    Nov 23 - A (1 beer)
    Nov 24 - A (2 cocktails)
    Nov 25 - AF
    Nov 26 - A (wine 3 glasses)
    Nov 27 - AF
    Nov 28-29 -30 A - (wine 2 glasses)
    Whew this month was rough. Work got the best of me and I went back to bad habits. Ugh.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Friday November 25 - Drinks
    Saturday November 26 - Drinks including trying to replicate the beautiful Manhattan that I made last Saturday, had one sip of and then broke. It didn't turn out as good, wrong proportion. I also had a travelling mug of hot chocolate with peppermint schapps as I walked the entire parade route.
    Sunday November 27 - AF - Need to get at least 2 more, Tuesday and Wednesday for sure, Monday will be a very late night and might be up for grabs.
    Monday November 28 - 1 1/2 drinks
    Tuesday November 29 - AF
    Wednesday November 30 - AF - The day isn't over, but I know that I will be AF tonight to squeak out my 16 for the month. I will NOT topload drinks days at the beginning of December, aiming for drinks one during the work week and Fridays and or Saturdays for December.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 30 days