What irks you today?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    My grip strength is getting worse. Opening things is becoming extremely difficult for me. I need to find me some hand exercises bc this is a sign I'm getting older 😣

Get a soft ball about the size of a tennis ball and squeeze it while watching TV everyday. There are other hand exercises you can do also. I have a tennis ball that I roll under my feet everyday. It hurts at first, but helps with flexibility there too.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    My grip strength is getting worse. Opening things is becoming extremely difficult for me. I need to find me some hand exercises bc this is a sign I'm getting older 😣

Get a soft ball about the size of a tennis ball and squeeze it while watching TV everyday. There are other hand exercises you can do also. I have a tennis ball that I roll under my feet everyday. It hurts at first, but helps with flexibility there too.

I'm gonna try this. Thank you for the tip 🙂
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 Posts: 389 Member
    Grown adults that still blame their parents for their issues. I get it but it's no longer an "out" - it's an excuse at this point.

Break the cycle, talk to a therapist, own your *kitten* and be responsible.

I have to deal with someone like this on the daily, and my therapist has to remind me just because they have trauma, it's not an excuse to be an *kitten*. It's their responsibility to deal with it and their triggers.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Kenn1414 wrote: »
    Grown adults that still blame their parents for their issues. I get it but it's no longer an "out" - it's an excuse at this point.

I have to deal with someone like this on the daily, and my therapist has to remind me just because they have trauma, it's not an excuse to be an *kitten*. It's their responsibility to deal with it and their triggers.

This
  • Kenn1414
    Also just realised it auto-changes bad words to *kitten*. Here was me thinking you were just awfully polite loool

This

• Peachesnstuff
    edited December 2022
    Also just realised it auto-changes bad words to *kitten*. Here was me thinking you were just awfully polite loool

This

Jokes on you bc I typed *kitten* 😂

It does correct the bad words tho
  • Kenn1414

This

Jokes on you bc I typed *kitten* 😂

It does correct the bad words tho

I imagine you've been here longer than me and know what to expect haha
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    When people read into the words I’ve said rather than taking them at face value.
  • Peachesnstuff
    When people read into the words I’ve said rather than taking them at face value.

Over thinkers smh
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022

Over thinkers smh
    I realize it’s probably something that people have a hard time controlling. And I won’t deny that on rare occasions there is subtext (sometimes of a flirty nature) but it frustrates me when I find we’ve been having two different conversations or that someone is mad at me for something they think I meant but never said.

Wait: are you implying that you are the Overthinker in this scenario? See? It gets past me
  • TwitchyMagee
    Medical bills

Medical bills for poor people

Medical bills for poor old people

Medical bills for poor old veterans
  • TwitchyMagee
    The recurring blooping sound coming from my boss’s speaker phone
  • Peachesnstuff

Over thinkers smh
    I realize it’s probably something that people have a hard time controlling. And I won’t deny that on rare occasions there is subtext (sometimes of a flirty nature) but it frustrates me when I find we’ve been having two different conversations or that someone is mad at me for something they think I meant but never said.

Wait: are you implying that you are the Overthinker in this scenario? See? It gets past me

I do tend to overthink at times but I'm working on that.

Are you referring to MFP?
  • TwitchyMagee

Over thinkers smh

I do tend to overthink at times but I'm working on that.

Are you referring to MFP?
    I guess it probably has happened on MFP but I mean generally.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @TwitchyMagee @Kenn1414

Maybe you are both aware of this for arthritis, but perhaps this may help someone else...

I am newer to this arthritis gig (hands (occasionally) and toes (always)), but I read somewhere, possibly on mfp, that magnesium lotion can help. I bought some and I am amazed by how much it helps (and within just a few minutes). I bought: Life-flo magnesium lotion on Amazon and it was under $12. My arthritis isn't too bad, so I don't know how much it will help for more severe cases. I would think that other brands would be similar.

Thought I would toss it out there.
  • TwitchyMagee
    @TwitchyMagee @Kenn1414

Maybe you are both aware of this for arthritis, but perhaps this may help someone else...

I am newer to this arthritis gig (hands (occasionally) and toes (always)), but I read somewhere, possibly on mfp, that magnesium lotion can help. I bought some and I am amazed by how much it helps (and within just a few minutes). I bought: Life-flo magnesium lotion on Amazon and it was under $12. My arthritis isn't too bad, so I don't know how much it will help for more severe cases. I would think that other brands would be similar.

Thought I would toss it out there.
    Thanks, i’ll look into it. I don’t actually have a diagnosis because I avoid medical professionals
  • Peachesnstuff

I believe it's up to interpretation of the listener. Some people don't trust easily, and believe there are at times ulterior motives hidden in between those lines. You're not at fault in this scenario, obviously

• TwitchyMagee

I believe it's up to interpretation of the listener. Some people don't trust easily, and believe there are at times ulterior motives hidden in between those lines. You're not at fault in this scenario, obviously
    Communication is definitely a two way street.
  • Peachesnstuff
    edited December 2022

Communication is definitely a two way street.

Is that sarcasm?

ETA - I'm sorry, that may not go over very well but I'm in a feisty mood

PS I ❤️ U