What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• ghrmj
    ghrmj Posts: 86 Member
    Blueberry chia "pudding" - 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 tsp honey - stir and set in fridge. I make it in the morning and eat it with my lunch every day. 250 calories, 10 grams protein, 11 grams fiber. :smile:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    1 ingredient Buckwheat bread!!

I looked this up. It sounds interesting! I like the idea that it self-ferments.

Wow this sounds interesting. Can you post pictures? Which recipe do you follow? What does it taste like? What is texture like?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    1 ingredient Buckwheat bread!!

I looked this up. It sounds interesting! I like the idea that it self-ferments.

Wow this sounds interesting. Can you post pictures? Which recipe do you follow? What does it taste like? What is texture like?

I got a loaf at a Vegfest vegan festival by a company called Living for Life foods. I haven't made it yet though!
  • VegjoyP
    Carob- I started using it as I am replacing cocoa and love love love it!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Falafel. Tbh I've been eating them for years but since having to admit defeat and get my stomach issues dealt with,they have become my go to fodder...... Well almost because some supermarket brands are not coeliac friendly grrrr
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    7n667j4tl8cn.jpg

**and temperature is NOT celcius! It's Fahrenheit lol!

I do something similar BUT its far from being bread :)

200 grams (1/3 cup), Egg Whites
    0.50 tsp, Baking Powder (Fin)
    0.50 tsp(s), Xanthan Gum
    12 gram, Psyllium Husk Powder
    30 gram, Protein Powder - Unflavored

Whip egg whites with gum.
    Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
    Bake at 350F for 25min.
  • VegjoyP
    My home made Artichoke hummus!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    awlqdyw3b1qb.png
    No cow salted dipped chocolate caramel...so good! My favorite one. It has salt on it which reminds me of nugo salted pretzel. I eat them cold out of the fridge. I've found all the flavors are best after being in the fridge (which is opposite because most bars are better slightly warmed). These bars have really been improving since a few years ago because I used to hate them.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - These certainly look good! and the protein for 200 calories is really good!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    edited December 2022
    Frozen pizza, mostly diavolo (spicy salami and chilli peppers) if I can get it. Can't really cook, or mostly prep properly due to broken shoulder joint, and frozen pizza is a life-saver in a situation such as this. And a very yummy one: What's not to love. Spicy, salty, and bread!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    934y7krkf86b.png
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Arugula (seriously)
  • VegjoyP
    Puffed corn, crunchy corn snacks, and this- v2rwz97d30yp.jpg

I actually love eating it like cereal in a bowl but very minute amount of almond milk, I added strawberry preserves amd stevia- omgosh! Lol
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    We had some absolutely amazing vegan gyro meet overseas. Anybody know if there’s anything similar stateside?

It was SO good, I’d choose it over “real” meat, if that’s not offensive to say.
  • Ebonie_owlwehn
    Ebonie_owlwehn Posts: 32 Member
    Mushrooms I’m in love with mushrooms they are in everything. I did manage a curry without them in BUT I have plans for breakfast as I want to keep thing from becoming boring.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Monks sunflower seed bread. 3whw2kdnsnhz.png
    Soooo good! Super soft bread but it has a nice crunch from the sunflower seeds. You can really taste the seeds and it has a nice nutty sweetness to it. Great sweet or savory.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    These are soooo good. I put a little sugar free maple syrup on them

f45b754ab87c4cc546632b613616a235_ra,w380,h380_pa,w380,h380.png
  • VegjoyP
    I have been having a soup with vegan tuna the past few nights, and discovered a soup.....kbtd45hxqfhf.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    Enjoying a very mild bout of respiratory something and have discovered the pleasure of sipping a simple mug of chicken broth, heated in the microwave.

Salty as all get out, but sodium probably needs some replenishing, too.
  • VegjoyP
    I've been craving random different things lately
    Plant based versions of -
    - Broccoli and "cheese" bake
    - Falafel, low garlic hummus
    - Knish, Bagel , fancy Artesian breads
    - Corn bread now after saw some lol