LOSING AND KEEPING WEIGHT OFF FOREVER

Options
BarbMessimer
BarbMessimer Posts: 295 Member
edited December 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
I truly believe the only way to lose weight and keep it off forever (that's what we want, right?) is to to eat a high protein/low fat diet, similar to KETO, and eat 1-2 meals a day with NO SNACKING. Drink water, unsweet tea or balcak coffee in-between to keep yourself hydrated and do this as a normal routine.

I know people will object to this but as a RN with 50 years + in the medical field, I've done the research and believe this to be the way. Please watch videos by Dr. Jason Fung or read the book THE OBESITY CODE to get a better understanding. I've lost 60 in the past 2 years and KEPT THEM OFF... have 40 more to go.

Please feel free to friend me and I'll encourage you as much as I can.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I truly believe the only way to lose weight and keep it off forever (that's what we want, right?) is to to eat a high protein/low fat diet, similar to KETO, and eat 1-2 meals a day with NO SNACKING. Drink water, unsweet tea or balcak coffee in-between to keep yourself hydrated and do this as a normal routine.

I know people will object to this but as a RN with 50 years + in the medical field, I've done the research and believe this to be the way. Please watch videos by Dr. Jason Fung or read the book THE OBESITY CODE to get a better understanding. I've lost 60 in the past 2 years and KEPT THEM OFF... have 40 more to go.

Please feel free to friend me and I'll encourage you as much as I can.

If it's low fat then it's not anything like keto, nor is keto a higher protein diet. Personally I consume a whole food diet and one that would be considered high in animal products and my health markers have been outstanding and I'm fairly active and workout with mostly weight resistance and some sports, and I'm just about to turn 70.

I think consuming fewer carbohydrates where mostly protein fill the calorie equivalent from reducing carbs resembles the standard American diet back before the food pyramid which was in the low 40% of calories as opposed to the mid 50% now and that seems to have had an effect on satiety especially with the increased reliance on ultra processed foods, so basically a diet higher in whole foods as well, which also saw an obesity percentage in low teens as opposed to now in the mid 30's and of course people don't seem to move as much now either, so there is that to contend with. What the best way to eat is again a different thing than what might be ideal for a population but I do think fewer carbs, more whole foods and more animal products as opposed to less is a healthy way forward.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2022
    Options
    dog-in-window-blinds-dave-beckerman.jpg

Ok, folks. Some posts have been removed from this thread, and the thread is (and will remain) locked. I just want to call your attention to a few of our community guidelines, below.
    1. Play Nice

I WILL:

I will be respectful and understand that everyone is different. Some members are new to this, so be kind to the newbies.
    I will remember the human on the other side of the screen.
    I will share my opinions while respecting others' thoughts and feelings as well.
    I will be ready to hear and accept other opinions that I might not always agree with.
    I will ignore users.
    2. Treat others with dignity, compassion and respect

I WILL:

I will SHOW RESPECT.
    I will show kindness.
    I will respect that MyFitnessPal has a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech.

I WON'T:

I won’t be a bully.
    I won’t belittle others.
    I won’t make any derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
    I won’t stalk other members. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors.
    I won’t make stereotypes against other members.
    3. No Trolling

I WILL:

I will stay on-topic in an existing discussion.
    I will report trolls instead of engaging them.
    I will contribute politely and constructively to a discussion, or move on without posting.
    I will ignore users.

I WON'T:

I won’t troll.
    I won’t flamebait.
    I won’t call someone out.
    I won’t police other members.
    I won’t feed the trolls.
    I won’t take a discussion off-topic, it’s considered hi-jacking.

This locked thread may be removed in the near future.
    Em
This discussion has been closed.