What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Paindeme
    Paindeme Posts: 11 Member
    While losing or maintaining is important it shouldn't be your only focus. This is my 3rd time losing weight and this time I've basically put it on the back burner, Most days I don't even think about how much I eat or if I'm losing weight because it's already sorted out and I just live my life 🤷‍♀️ Much better this way even if it's slower
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    [

I just need to find out where desert people get their clothes!

Linen and silk will be your friends! Maybe look for options with beach cover-ups?

Agreed that people talk a lot about sagging skin here, and for good reason. Part of it is down to age and how long your skin was stretched, part is genetics, and part is skin care. I keep hearing that it gets better with time. In any case, it's sort of a badge of honor.

I hope it gets better with time and not that our eyesight fails as we age ;)
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    fir2 wrote: »
    Wow. I just discovered these comments. You folks are wonderful. I'll give a little background and then respond to a few comments. I am a retired, "vastly" educated, both accomplished and still screwing up, or maybe not, professor. I am still working on a number of projects. I'll turn 73 in a few days. I consider myself generally healthy.

Welcome! I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts. Isn't it interesting how people with the worst habits can be the ones most adamant about others not changing? It's not a guarantee, but some people at least seem to need validation from the people around them and health improvements in one of their friends threatens that.

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @Fit2btied2016 Great snowshoeing tips! Snowshoes and poles are my gift to my husband and myself. With what you said, we’ll first try them out on out on our property at home before heading to a park.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @Fit2btied2016 Thanks!
  • Thewonderofitall
    Thewonderofitall Posts: 97 Member
    Helen_Xen wrote: »
    How much loose and saggy skin you have that used to be padded out with fat. What do you do about that? And why does no-one mention it, even on here?

I've been taking Collagen since losing 85 pounds and it seems to be working for me. Of course I have also been doing a ton of aerobic exercises and activities to go along with it. I appear to be reabsorbing my saggy skin!

I get this at Costco:

aqkajus499a1.jpg
  • figgyandbelle
    figgyandbelle Posts: 1 Member
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

I am going to freeze to death this winter. Always cold. Even hate going to the grocery store, even in summer, I need a coat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!