What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend came over for dinner. We did roast chicken, roast tomato, roast butternut squash, roast potato, and a Chinese stuffing (Woks of Life Sticky Rice Stuffing recipe) that went into the oven to crisp up for the last 15 minutes. I spatchcocked the chicken so needed to put it in the oven instead of the air fryer, so the energy effecient thing to do was roast everything. Dessert was dark chocolate sorbet I made last month that was still in the freezer with an oreo cookie for crunch.
    ox9fagj1arr7.jpeg
    6kbxp331fb7c.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Quick weeknight meal. Boiled artichoke with hollandaise followed by green salad with Spanish fried almonds, mojama and some cherry tomato with ranch and cheese souffle.
    0ao4ja6abpye.jpeg
    hp0bp6y8q3v2.jpeg
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Simple way to start the day with home baked bread and things.

8g8tcbhc56d4.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Leftovers management. Turkish watermelon/feta/mint salad which we ate last week, followed by bang bang chicken noodles using the leftover roast chicken from Sunday.
    6s0kyduwdtst.jpeg
    anjqyt0h0tdg.jpeg
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Tonight's dinner: brown rice, grocery store rotisserie chicken, 2 scrambled eggs with baby bella mushrooms, tomato, and spinach, and some butter added in (my vegetarian partner had the same thing minus the chicken). My food photo skills leave much to be desired but it was delicious and high in nutrients!

nmh252ruzr1y.jpeg
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Last night's midnight snack while up working late: whole-milk cottage cheese, Ezekiel 4:9 almond cereal, raspberries, Siete Mexican chocolate and Mexican shortbread cookies, flax milk, and mint tea.

viacnbz9s33z.jpeg

Tonight's dinner: Brown rice, pan-roasted tofu and pan-roasted asparagus, with butter, lemon, and sage.

byygt4md661c.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    We went to an Izakaya style soft launch. Hubby likes to try to eat out on Friday night because breaking the routine signals the start of the weekend to make it feel longer.
    n62df166k89x.jpeg
    85y0b9uwpzm6.jpeg
    an9xbl70qluw.jpeg
    6r0yk67h10bq.jpeg
    69xqm0nxvq13.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Cheats peking duck using breast. Did both homemade and ready made frozen pancakes and don't think homemade is worth the trouble. Apple crumble for dessert using frozen crumble mix we popped into the freeer last time I made a crumble.
    s80niy9z42ed.jpeg
    d1e6serlhtxd.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    qg0i374l70ds.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Air fryer panisse wiht ranch, sauteed mushroom and spinach, fried chicken from a takeaway shop.
    gsz34soy8qev.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hamburger night.
    3i8b6zuos29y.jpeg
  • siberiantarragon
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Haven't had time to cook much due to pre-Christmas rush. So here's some healthier junk food type dinners.

Sunday night: Amy's Organic mac and cheese. Dr. Praeger's buffalo vegan "chicken tenders." Spinach sauteed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, Himalayan salt, black pepper, paprika, and everything bagel seasoning (I had a whole bunch of spinach I needed to use up). Two tomatoes with minced onion and red pepper flakes. Rooibos tea.

For dessert I had an Enlightened brownies and cookie dough ice cream bar and more rooibos tea (not pictured).

qo8614fe2jbq.jpeg

Monday night: Two sunny side up eggs (yes I know I broke one of them, it was late and I was tired LOL...still tasted good though). Koyo buckwheat shoyu ramen (which is the best affordable ramen brand BTW) cooked with frozen peas, baby bella mushrooms, and baby carrots. Gimme Organic sea salt and olive oil seaweed snacks. A tomato with Mrs. Dash original seasoning. Green tea.

For dessert I had Russell Stover sugar-free dark pecan delight and dark coconut candies, and more green tea (not pictured).

hcz7h2tug2pb.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Still testing out strategies for cooking on weeknights when I have a new job which means going into the office daily. Estouffade(=beef stew from southern France with red wine and olives) cooked sous vide all weekend in a huge batch, instant polenta and some salad.
    l1hijts3czqq.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Dutch dinner. I warmed up bitterballen we had in the freezer in the air fryer. Hubby made herring salad substituting Spanish smoked sardines for brined haring.
    vrcclh64vd0r.jpeg
  • 21Starship
    21Starship Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't have a picture yet. But I'm making it tonight. You heat your large pan, add 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, add 1.5 pounds cut up chicken pieces, add 2 tbsp garlic on top of the chicken, make sure you have a bowl of frozen brocolli, cauliflower, carrots and corn in bowl thawing, add spices 1 tbsp italian seasoning, 1 tbsp papricka, salt and pepper to taste, once meat almost done add thawed frozen veggies (drain any water), cook until chicken and veggies seem done, add 8 ounces whole wheat cooked pasta of choice, spiral or penne usually (make ahead or during), and 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or salted if that is all you have. This recipe has healthy fats from the oil and butter to help your skin, hair and nails. Plus, protein, so your full with whole grain. Quick to make recipe, avoiding processed bagged meals, which can have additives that aren't good for your body. One pan stovetop recipe.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I've been out of town for two weeks so no cooking. Finally back home for a few weeks and hope to cook most of the time. Miso soup with shaved steak, shiitake mushrooms, seaweed and udon noodles. A little gray but tasted good. We had to put in the microwave for a minute because the broth didn't cook the beef. Normally I would prefer it rare but I'm a little leery of prepackaged shredded beef which I don't typically buy.

3f31owzyk8zi.jpeg