Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1

I always enjoy your posts : - )

Glad that you got another wagon for wood transport to your fire!
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy ...Minus 35 ?? Makes me wonder what possessed humans to live in places like that....THEN, I remember your awesome photos of beautiful BC.
    Middle Daughter lost another of her rescue cats last week due to kidney failure. She was only 8. Second furbaby lost to kidney failure in a month. The first one was elderly, but MD thinks both were due to the popular and expensive cat food they both ate. Last rescue will be getting a change of diet.
    It's minus 5 here right now & SIL has lost his mind...He & Middle Daughter have been feeding a Marmalade alleycat for years. He's a territorial tom, often injured in fights. SIL bought him a heated igloo about 7 years ago. Today Middle Daughter came home from work and found that her husband had coaxed the alleycat into the kitchen...the cat immediately changed his mind, but SIL says he has to stay for the next 3 days [temps won't be above 20 til then]. Alleycat is between refrigerator and wall, with no current plans to move....Life in their house is going to be verrry interesting this weekend.

Wishing warmth and improving health to all.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    16 AF days of Christmas and the last 5 consecutive. Shopping is done, now I am in cleaning and wrapping mode.

Family is coming over with bottles of booze. EEK!

My goal is to keep the streak going. I have never done this on a holiday. Tomorrow will be my first.

@dawnbgethealthy I hope you can get someone kind from your local auto store (we have Autozone) and they can come by and revive your battery. Good luck!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I will be right there with you. Sober with booze flowing around me. But we will enjoy it and be truly present.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @forestdweller1

Hilarious post as usual : - )
    You paint such a vivid picture with your words.

Oh yes, minus 36 is way too cold. Normally it is minus 5 to minus 10 here in Cranbrook BC (celsius), perfect weather for cross country skiing and skating on the lakes, almost always sunny unless snowing. I love to shovel, but not when it is that freaking cold. Extreme weather going on everywhere it looks like. We are jumping up 40 degrees with rain in the forecast for Monday, not good for winter activities at all, skis don't work when it is anywhere below minus 5. It will be minus 5 on Christmas Day, so planning on a good cross country ski : - )

You will have to let us know how it goes with the feral cat in their house : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My primary motivation for drinking less is weight loss.
    I throw up if I have more than 3 drinks, so moderation on drink days is rarely an issue for me lol.
    My recurring goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I squeaked to 16 last month.

I like to do this diary style to keep track.

Thursday December 22 - 2 drinks. It was a day. By the time I went to my car to go to work it was minus 36. My car wouldn't start! Already sick with a cold, and then had to walk to work. I managed to get rides home for my break on my split shift, back to work again and then finally home. Didn't even try not to have drinks. One of the chef's will pick me up this morning and at 3pm I will be on days off. I have jobs to do for my other company (Foster Grant) but I can't get to those without a car. Triple A and Roadstar are backed up, apparently many people's cars are not starting due to the cold, so I can't seem to get a boost just yet. The weather is due to dramatically change by Saturday and into Sunday, so maybe my car will thaw out on its own. No plans for AF over the next few days, but I am confident that I will at least get my 16 in for the month.
    Friday December 23 - 2 drinks - A kind person boosted my car after work, so I was able to at least go and do a little shopping. All of the tow trucks have been busy boosting people all over the town, long wait lists, so I am very grateful that I didn't have to wait for AAA. Happy holidays everyone.

Rolling total - 14AF day out of 23 days