Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy i absolutely love the pictures! How delightful to see the trail decorated. Magical.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy You should send those photos to vistaprint and have them turned into Christmas cards. They are beautiful!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I'm really having a hard time getting my drinking back under control. This was the first Christmas without my husband and it really has me in a tail spin.

I'm heading back to AZ on Friday for the next 3 months and my social network is pretty small there so hopefully I can avoid alcohol.

I'm going to see how many AF days I can string together in a row for awhile because once I decide to drink then drinking the next day and the day after seem like a good idea.

Hopefully I can get back on track now with alcohol and diet.

12/26 AF

I hope you all have a good week.

I can only imagine what you went through this Christmas. That first bunch of holidays without your loved one is especially hard. Big hug to you. I hope you can enjoy your time in AZ, warm weather and outdoor activities.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Dec 1- 2- 3 A
    Dec 4 - AF
    Dec 5-6 -A
    Dec 7- AF
    Dec 8-9 -10 A
    Dec 11- 12 - 13- AF
    Dec 14- 15 - 16- 17 -A
    Dec 18 - 19 - AF
    Dec 20 - A
    Dec 21 -AF
    Dec 22-23-24-25 -A
    Dec 26-27- AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @FaithIt365

Hi. You managed some less alcohol days, Bravo!
    I remember my first AF day and I really do understand your anxiety around this.
    I feel like you will get there. It is just one day, and I promise that you won't die from having an AF day.
    Maybe just pick one ahead of time, like...thursday or something. Mine was a Monday, and I celebrated an AF day every Monday after that for 4 weeks (eventually I added another day etc.)
    We are here.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My primary motivation for drinking less is weight loss.
    I throw up if I have more than 3 drinks, so moderation on drink days is rarely an issue for me lol.
    My recurring goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I squeaked to 16 last month.

I like to do this diary style to keep track.

Saturday December 24 - 2 drinks - I had an amazing day, the weather warmed up considerably (but not too warm yet) and it was snowing so beautifully. I did lots of shoveling which I love, then got out for a very nice cross country ski. When I got home I had hot apple cider with spiced rum. Planning on cross country skiing today, Christmas Day, before it gets too warm later on and hits above freezing for the week. I may have drinks today also. Merry Christmas : - )
    Sunday December 25 - 2 drinks - A perfect Christmas Day for me. It was minus 7 (celsius) when I hit the trails, exactly perfect weather for a cross country ski. It took about 45 minutes from the trailhead to reach Mistletoe lane, and it was so wonderfully full of decorations put up by people in the community. It took me a long time to get through it, stopping what seemed like every few feet to take a photo. Lots and lots of people out and about on the trails: walking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing. I was gone for hours. Back to work today, Monday, which is Boxing Day here in Canada, a stat holiday so extra $$. Freezing rain is due to begin today and continue all week with the temps rising above the freezing mark as the week goes on. The skis can come out of my car now. Very grateful to have had perfect weather for Christmas Day : - )
    Monday December 26 - AF - There was thick ice on my car as I was going to work in the morning, very hard to scrape off. By the time that I got off of work it was raining and is still raining this Tuesday morning and above freezing. So glad that the weather was perfect on the weekend and that I was on days off for the holidays : - ) Definitely planning on Proscecco NYE, and drinks with a friend Friday night. Going to try to stay AF until then. 16 is getting close!

Rolling total - 15AF day out of 26 days
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a mock margarita! Thanks for the tip!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I can look into the dance videos once “things” aren’t so swollen. Thanks for the tip!
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Enjoying my time in NYC with family but am definitely eating more and getting more salt in my diet. Yesterday we went to an indoor Mini golf / bar. A fun way to spend part of the evening although it did involve a cocktail.
    Goal: 15 AF days, no more than 2 drink missed 2x), only drink at events (missed x 2)
    AF: 12/2-8, 10, 15-22 (14)
    A: 12/1, 9-14, 23-27 (13)
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy LOVE the photos and the cross-country skiing stories. What a perfect Christmas Day!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 Amanda - Sending hope your way for your mom!