What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    People who are overly concerned with conforming to the tastes of another person. People, especially Internet strangers, should not be dictating your self-esteem or what you want for your life

I know exactly what you're referring to and it's taken everything I have to not highjack that whole thread and vomit my thoughts all over it.

Hold me back
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    People who are overly concerned with conforming to the tastes of another person. People, especially Internet strangers, should not be dictating your self-esteem or what you want for your life

I know exactly what you're referring to and it's taken everything I have to not highjack that whole thread and vomit my thoughts all over it.

Hold me back

Thank you for saying so because I was worried I was all alone out here
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options

Hold me back

At first I didn't but now I think I do and, even if I'm wrong, a whole lotta smacking upside the head needs to happen.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,591 Member
    Options
    The sad commercials with sick children and starving animals.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,863 Member
    Options
    I cut my finger on an apple corer (like a papercut) too high up to get a bandaid to cover it and I keep catching it on everything. 😑😫
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I'm irked I had to scroll down to find this thread :p

A client brought us a dozen donuts today (not the same one who looooooooooves to feed us donuts and miscellaneous fun stuff from trader joe's) and we still have see's candy in the office and I gained a few pounds at the end of the year*

Anyway, I had already eaten the chocolate off a few pieces of the see's candy and had half a bagel and a donut. I *really* hope the boss doesn't want them around so I can give them to the homeless and not to my stomach....and thighs....and butt. My collar bone could use some of that donut tho. :)

*I'm pretty sure they were real pounds. I absolutely went cray cray with the mindless eating and not logging everything I was eating or not eating my normal foods because I was eating other stuff.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    People at the gym who complain about the "New Year resolutioners" filling the gym to capacity and making it hard to get the equipment they usually monopolize. We should be praising the new peeps, welcoming to our family, encouraging them to stay. We are here to better ourselves, they are here to better themselves. Don't like how crowded it is? Hit the gym at 5am like I do, there's always room!
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    People at the gym who complain about the "New Year resolutioners" filling the gym to capacity and making it hard to get the equipment they usually monopolize. We should be praising the new peeps, welcoming to our family, encouraging them to stay. We are here to better ourselves, they are here to better themselves. Don't like how crowded it is? Hit the gym at 5am like I do, there's always room!

It's also that crowd that funds the slower 11.5 months of the year off this 2 week rush. Make sure you take the time to thank them in October when you don't have to wait for the squat rack.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

It's also that crowd that funds the slower 11.5 months of the year off this 2 week rush. Make sure you take the time to thank them in October when you don't have to wait for the squat rack.
    you think like me

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The sad commercials with sick children and starving animals.

@honey_honey_12

The Cameraman could give that puppy a sandwich, amiright?
    Options

you think like me

Like minds think greatly. Or something
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

you think like me

Like minds think greatly. Or something
    It’s something all right
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    How easily distracted some people are by window dressing
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2023
    Options
    There's no produce in this house. 😑
    (Unless you count chocolate covered raisins.) Even though it's raining and I'd rather stay inside, I need to run to the grocery store
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    (Unless you count chocolate covered raisins.) Even though it's raining and I'd rather stay inside, I need to run to the grocery store

but do you have any seeds?
  • cmsienk
    Options

Does bird seed count? (Also, great idea but it's January in the Midwest. I don't want to wait until spring to sprout a salad) 😉
    Options

Does bird seed count? (Also, great idea but it's January in the Midwest. I don't want to wait until spring to sprout a salad) 😉

So it's the patience you're short on then. I suffer from the same.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Ooooo microgreens