Daily Accountability Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Made healthy pancakes for breakfast, worked out (low impact) watching Rose Parade with mom who *loves* it, cleaned other peoples' messes, AND did some self-care.

To work on: not being triggered by pettiness.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    So I did my devotional today and it focused on "I'll start tomorrow" and stopping that habit. I know I'm guilty of saying that often.

My 3 things today:
    -I hit my step goal for today
    -I craved a bunch of junk but stayed in my calorie goal and didn't go down that path
    -I watched TV with my husband and just relaxed with him tonight for a couple hours.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Day 4 of January in the books!

My 3 things today:
    1) I ate pasta for dinner but added heart of palm & meatballs so my blood sugar didn't some so badly.
    2) I squeezed in 15 minutes on the elliptical
    3) When i desperately craved junk this afternoon I settled for an iced coffee and being busy until dinner time.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I haven't posted, I was having trouble trying to find this thread in my profile. I have been using MFP for a while but never really chatted in community area so I am still kind of new on trying to navigate around. I have stuck to my plan since the first with only last night messing up with my food. It was a late night and we ended up getting pizza.. my weakness, lol! Back on track today though! I have only focused on getting my food on point since the first and haven't added in the exercise yet. My daughter is still home for Christmas break so that throws off my schedule a bit. I do plan on getting back on track with exercise 100% starting next Monday!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    I am sorry I haven't posted, I was having trouble trying to find this thread in my profile. I have been using MFP for a while but never really chatted in community area so I am still kind of new on trying to navigate around.

@Italiana_xx79 There is a little bookmark at the top. If you click on that so it turns blue it will save this for you. Then when you are in the community boards and click on your profile photo, then bookmarks you will see this as a saved page. :smile:
    2tbd3j1hzpav.png
    8agdz9l5elot.png

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    This morning I started my weight loss devotional book and journal for today. I've been doing it each morning since January 1 since I'm doing so in an accountability group with 6 other friends. They've been focusing on boundaries all week for obvious reasons. If we don't have any food boundaries then what stops us from eating whatever we want whenever we want it. Out of nowhere my brain suddenly decided that I needed Cheetos for breakfast. Given I don't think I've ever eaten Cheetos for breakfast in my life this was definitely in relation to reading about needing firmer boundaries and my brain fighting back at everything I've been learning and studying.

I did win this battle. I hadn't even had my coffee yet and I decided to not even have it for a while. At 9am I finally got coffee when I knew the weird craving had passed. Just shows that we are so programmed to want all the bad things that just the thought of staying on track made me crave things out of the ordinary.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Few crazy days here with our storm, flooding and tree issues so missed my affirmations. I think I will note them in the am for prior day to help kick my day off.

1) one hour at the gym
    2) ate out but halved the meal before I ate
    3) organized some health stuff -menopause appointment and picked up some probiotics.

Love the Cheeto story @pamperedlinny LOL. I get a food item in my head and it will stay there until I eat it or somehow evolve to a new item. I am good obsessed.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Options
    I am sorry I haven't posted, I was having trouble trying to find this thread in my profile. I have been using MFP for a while but never really chatted in community area so I am still kind of new on trying to navigate around.

@Italiana_xx79 There is a little bookmark at the top. If you click on that so it turns blue it will save this for you. Then when you are in the community boards and click on your profile photo, then bookmarks you will see this as a saved page. :smile:
    2tbd3j1hzpav.png
    8agdz9l5elot.png

Thank you!!
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    BTW Peeps, meant food obsessed, not good obsessed, LOL
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    I'm getting ready to head to bed so I have a new 3 things!

First, that I didn't give in to those cheetos for breakfast.
    Second, that I made it to Zumba again.
    Third, I refilled my drawer of single serving snacks so I don't always feel tempted to go overboard.
  • jillesser
    jillesser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hoping to join your group! I desperately need someone to help me with accountability. I've used MFP in the past with great success, I know it works if I use it. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and start logging then. I am a binge eater and I need to stop! I'm thinking my goal is roughly 10kgs. I don't care how long it takes, as long as I'm feeling better in myself.
  • SusannahMorgan82
    SusannahMorgan82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just got back on the MFP wagon and I’m I need of some support and inspiration. I love the idea of 3 things you’re proud of or did well today! I’ll check back in tonight to add my 3….
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    My husband is literally sitting behind me right now watching tv and eating ice cream for breakfast (he says he added cereal into it so it's a breakfast food) while I'm supposed to be doing my weight loss bible devotional and trying to stick with coffee & water only until 10am. He's driving me crazy. Send help.

@jillesser Welcome!!! You can absolutely join in.

@SusannahMorgan82 Welcome! Can't wait to hear your 3 things.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Options
    @pamperedlinny what devotional book is it that you are reading? :)
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @pamperedlinny what devotional book is it that you are reading? :)

@Italiana_xx79 I'm reading Taste For Truth by Barb Raveling
    hibs1fal3ads.png
  • SusannahMorgan82
    Options
    @pamperedlinny what is it about people who can eat whatever they want and never gain weight? Sometimes I want to ring their skinny little necks…LOL But I need to be the bigger person (because I usually am!) and sip my water and pray for strength 😂🙏🏻

So my 3 things for today are:

1. I got to work on time this morning (I am notoriously & habitually late)
    2. I went out to dinner tonight with some coworkers but ate in moderation (a couple nachos, small handful of fries and I only ate 2 slices of my small pizza and brought the rest home for my kids!)
    3. Even though I felt too tired tonight to check in with MFP and finish tracking my food I did it anyway!! And I’m glad I did so I could make this list!

Have a great weekend all!
  • jillesser
    jillesser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 1 on the books. Sort of went over my goal but probably made up for it by exercise. 10kgs, 1 day at a time. Walked nearly 8km, will make walking a daily habit as well!
  • SusannahMorgan82
    Options
    @jillesser good for you! Sometimes I find that even just the act of tracking helps you feel more accountable even if you go over a bit. And tomorrow is a new day! ☀️ Walking more can really make such a difference!! I am on a journey to walking more myself…I find I have so much more energy and, as much as I li da hate to admit, exercise really does make me feel happier (sooo annoying!! But it’s true! LOL) Those endorphins are no joke 😂
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Wow!!! Welcome all the newbies! I am so excited for us all. I am writing my affirmations the morning after for two reasons. At night I usually forget and it helps focus me the day of. I am also struggling with a husband who loves to eat and cook in most cases non diet food. He needs to gain 20+ and I need to lose that. Wish we could trade! My three things:

1) Hour at the gym
    2) Attended dog agility and was able to run with my dog (or get out of a walk)
    3) Had a wonderful day and slumber party with my grandkids. Finished a really hard puzzle.

Food wise I was ok portion wise but could have been healthier. Baby steps.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all!!!

It's been a busy but good day so far today.

1) I received a bag of fresh made bagels from my neighbor (he works for a bagel bakery). Since i didn't need 2 dozen bagels I gave half to another neighbor. That's a big deal because I LOVE those bagels.
    2) I went to a kids birthday party with my daughter today. While there I stuck to my boundaries and even kept talking to the other moms I knew without ever once going near the dessert table. Leaving a pizza & cake event at 500 calories and no sweets was another big win.
    3) My daughter asked for my homemade gyros the other day. While I'm happy that I can make this on healthy pitas I'm actually just super happy that my almost 9 year old wants Greek food instead of "kid food"