Friends Who Understand

Hello!
I am new to this particular part of MFP. It seemed like a nice place to start, looking to meet people who understand what I'm going through. I have a goal of almost 100lbs to lose and no one around me is or has ever been my size. It's very hard to find true support from those who don't understand this struggle. They expect it to be easy or simple or they say and do very inconsiderate things. I know they mean well and love me but it's harder to not have someone to talk to or share successes with who gets how difficult it is to deny yourself your favorite things or how important it is to celebrate accomplishments even if it's a pound or two. I could really use some positive energy and encouragement and would also love to be a source of support and encouragement for others. A few years ago I lost 80 lbs and fell in love with fitness and nutrition so much so that I went to school for it and became certified nutrition and wellness coach. Basically a trainer with a nutrition focus. I then got injured and sick and gained it all back and then some. Because I have done it before and have gone to school for it my family and friends expect it to be easy and it's pressure. But I'm feeling motivated and I know this is something I will do.
Please feel free to add me and we can support and encourage each other and help each other be successful.

Here's to crawling until we walk and walking until we run!!!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• WDWLover79
    WDWLover79 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in the same boat with about 80 lbs I need to lose. I'm working on a vision board this coming weekend and am also looking into low FODMAP foods to deal with some digestive issues that have come up in my 40's now. I also want to be active with tracking on here and would love to have some support. :)
  • Leilaolivia2
    Leilaolivia2 Posts: 6 Member
    WDWLover79 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with about 80 lbs I need to lose. I'm working on a vision board this coming weekend and am also looking into low FODMAP foods to deal with some digestive issues that have come up in my 40's now. I also want to be active with tracking on here and would love to have some support. :)

Let's support each other! We got this! I'm starting to work on a plan and set S.M.A.R.T goals and ways to celebrate my accomplishments and goals hit.
  • PKDfighter74
    PKDfighter74 Posts: 9 Member
    You can add me. I’ve lost 90lbs so far and have more to lose.
  • I’d love to join this group!
    I have 80 pounds to lose.
    I previously lost 63, but have gained most of it back.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,735 Member
    In case it's of interest, there's a great group here for people who have (or had) 75 or more pounds to lose:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Nice folks, fairly active group, good info and encouragement.

No, I'm not a member, let alone an admin boosting the group. I failed the entrance exam, only lost 50-some to get where I wanted to be. I'm just a fan from the sidelines.